What you need to know before using a new lawnmower
The grass trimmer is a handy and easy-to-use tool for mowing grass and trimming small bushes and trees. It often uses a trimmer line (string, cord) as a cutting element, because it is cheaper than disc blades and safer to use. With intensive use of the tool over time you will need to change the line for the trimmer on the trimmer. This process is similar on mowers from different manufacturers, whether Husqvarna or Huter, with possible minor differences.
First of all, the winding of the fishing line requires removing the spool (bobbin, bobbin) from the grass trimmer. the specific actions will depend on the complexity of the configuration and the type of the product itself:
- Small electric grass trimmers with the working arrangement of the motor and spool in the bottom, as a rule, have on both sides of the reel side keys. When pressed at the same time, the upper part of the spool, together with the internal contents for winding the fishing line, detaches, while the lower part stays on the trimmer. It is desirable to disassemble the bobbin on a flat, smooth place so that the spring that goes into the design does not pop out and get lost;
- electric and gasoline grass trimmers with a curved boom without the possibility of installing a knife, usually have a reel with a special wing nut: in such designs, one hand should hold the bobbin in a fixed position, and the other counterclockwise rotate the fixing bobbin on the boom nut, wing nut. After unscrewing the nut, the entire boss can be removed.
- Electric and petrol grass trimmers with the possibility of installing a knife on a straight shaft (for example, STIHL grass trimmers) have a hole under the bobbin. To immobilize the bobbin, a screwdriver or other suitable object is inserted into this hole and a slow rotation is used to position the screwdriver inside the hole and secure the bobbin. After that, the spool body is scrolled clockwise (with left-hand thread) and removed from the grass trimmer.
For the second and third cases, spools, depending on the design, are disassembled in different ways. In spools with a wingnut, the wingnut is unscrewed; in spools with latches, the latch latches are pressed and one part of the spool is released from the other. If the bobbin halves are connected by thread, it is enough to turn them by hand in opposite directions until they are completely unscrewed.
You need a
How to change the blade on a brushcutter
The use of iron knives only on gasoline trimmers as justified by the design features.
- the smooth design of the rod increases the distance to the legs, giving the mower complete safety.
- Comfortable U-shaped and J-shaped handles allow for a firm grip on the tool. The D-handles of the brushcutter are equipped with a stop that rests against the leg of the mower, which prevents the head from getting caught in the legs when the cutting disc meets a hard obstacle.
- The clutch of the combustion engine allows you to smoothly gain speed to a rational level. And when the blade collides with a hard surface, it can absorb part of the impact.
Thus, gasoline grass trimmers with an iron blade installed is ideal for use on large areas. They successfully manage not only the highest coarsened grass, weeds, burdocks and nettles, and bushes and young trees.
the shape of the blade of the disk put on the trimmer for the grass has no effect on the quality of the work done. They don’t depend on speed. Triangular, trapezoidal, rectangular forms are what remains to do our customer pre-sale preparation manufacturers.
If you intend to make hay, it’s more reliable to mount the brushcutter with a blade that has more blades. Look at the discs with eight teeth, or in other words discs with four large blades and four extra blades. 2-and 3-blade knives will be very grind grass.
It is not so difficult to install the blade on the grass trimmer. The manufacturer equips its tools with a special pin to lock the gearbox and a wrench that would unscrew the bobbin with a fishing line. The main thing to follow when changing cutting parts safety precautions and the sequence of disassembly.
How to correctly install the blade on the grass trimmer
Putting a blade on the grass trimmer is not difficult. The manufacturer equips its tools with a special pin that allows you to lock the gearbox and a key, with which you unscrew the bobbin with the fishing line. The most important thing is to observe safety precautions and the sequence of disassembly when changing cutting elements.
Read also: How to choose an ultrasonic bath
The algorithm for installing the blade on the grass trimmer is as follows:
- Remove the blade guard;
- Lock the drive. To do this, you need to align the two holes. in the hub of the shaft and in the gear cup. After their alignment we insert the pin in the holes;
- Unscrew clockwise from the hub of the bobbin with fishing line or the attachment nut that holds the duster (if the grass trimmer has not yet been used);
- Then mount the blade, so that the slits on the hub washer coincide with notches in the cutting disk hole;
- Install the duster;
- Tighten the attachment nut (counterclockwise) holding the locking pin;
- Tighten it with a pipe wrench;
- Let’s return the protective cover back in its place.
As you can see, there is nothing complicated. Now you can safely proceed to mow the weeds on the site.
The grass trimmer is a handy and easy-to-use tool for mowing grass and trimming small bushes and trees. As a cutting element in it is often used fishing line for trimmer (string, cord), because it is cheaper than knife-discs and is safer to use. Intensive use of the tool over time will require changing the line for the trimmer on the trimmer. This process is similar on mowers from different manufacturers, whether Husqvarna or Huter, with possible minor differences.
Choice of saw blade
There are three rings with the same outer diameter (30 mm) but different inner diameters, i.e. they differ in width from each other. These rings are designed to compensate for the difference between the saw blade seating hole and the counter element on the larger diameter pressure washer.
How to replace, remove the mowing head of the BlackDecker GL716 electric grass trimmer
How to change, remove the mowing head of the electric grass trimmer
BlackDecker GL716 to repair or replace.
In most cases, gasoline trimmers with engine power over 1.5 liters.с. use cords with iron rope inside. In this video I show you how to disassemble the spool of gasoline trimmer for grass, as well as how to wind the line on it correctly for trimmer. Look closely at the video I have on a similar trimmer how to replace the line for the trimmer in. Such a thread is perfectly suitable for mowing dry grass and small bushes. The presence of a core, positively affects the durability of this material. The disadvantage of this cord is its price, which is significantly higher than the above listed opponents.
What can be used instead of a fishing line
Many users of trimmers wonder what can replace the cord, which is used by default in this kind of devices? Begin unsafe experiments, installing metal or copper wire, metal cables or strings, as well as ordinary fishing line for the trimmer in the mowing head.
If a metal cord is installed instead of a fishing line, the grass trimmer becomes a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for the people around. This fact is explained by the fact that during the operation of the unit, the steel rope will gradually be triggered, its ends will unravel, and small pieces of wire will fly in different directions with great speed.
Similar happens when using steel or copper wire, the only difference is that the pieces come off will be larger, and can cause significant injury.
And if you accidentally catch your or someone else’s foot when working with a steel cord (wire), you will get a strong and deep tissue incision, and in some cases amputation of toes. The manufacturer does not use nylon for nothing, as it is quite light and strong, and when torn off, it does not fly far and can not cause injury.
You can, of course, use fishing line in your trimmer instead of a standard line, but it will add extra hassle because it wears out, tears quickly, mows slowly and is not good for cutting through tough grass. In addition, a lot of time is lost in the course of work to replace a broken tool more than once.
In practice, the installation of a normal line is justified if the user is going to mow the grass near the fence, especially if it is made of Rabitz chain-link. In this case, in order to save the standard and sometimes expensive cord from wear and tear, it is changed to fishing line for trimmer, which is not sorry. Usually to change the cord on the line for trimmer, it is necessary to pick up its greatest thickness. 2-3 mm.
Do not forget the safety precautions when working with the trimmer! Brush fragments fly a long distance and with great force. Use personal protective equipment. Use a special mask and make sure there are no people or animals around.