How to make a home.made electric cultivator, photo, video
The cultivator is a garden technique that processes the Earth before sowing and after harvesting. With it, you can plow and loosen the soil, destroy weeds, and fertilizers. In addition, it is intended for processing a row, hilling of landings and thinning.
They also differ in weight and power:
- ultra.light. technology weighing no more than 30 kg is designed to work in small garden areas;
- Light. units weighing 30–60 kg can treat large land plots. They can be used on a plowed field and on the virgin lands;
- medium. equipment weighing 60–100 kg;
- heavy. cultivators with a weight exceeding 100 kg, process large agricultural land.
Cultivator‘s device and principle of operation
Most cultivators have approximately the same design. They have a frame and working bodies. It can be milling knives, wheels, paws, etc. There are also running or support wheels (they are absent in hinged models); The system of fasteners of the working bodies, mechanisms for adjusting the depth of their course. Using a special device, the cultivator can be transferred to the transport position from the working.Rone units have a device with which the working organs are installed on a given aisle, as well as a mechanism that allows you to control the movement of the cultivator. The principle of operation of the cultivator depends on which working bodies he has.Law cultivators allow you to cut weeds, loosen the soil and make fertilizers, hill plants. If the cultivator is equipped with smooth cut discs, then it allows you to process the soil on the cuts. Cultivator with needle.free disks rotating in a horizontal plane destroys the soil crust and loosen the soil in the protective zone and rows of plants.
Roting impeller and frame-wires loosen the soil, destroy vegetation (grass) in the ranks. Finger. loosen the soil, destroy weeds.
Types of design
The design of such a device is usually equipped with one or two pairs of cutting parts. They are attached to the trimmer instead of the gearbox in the lower part of the bar or near the motor. The lawn mower works by burning liquid fuel.
Types of structures:
- Cultivator. It is considered the most popular nozzle. Its advantage in simultaneous weeding and loosening of the soil. The cultivator consists of disk elements that are put on one axle.
- Three- or two-lobed knife. It is used to cut weeds. Is a metal plate with two or three pointed blades along the edges.
- Trimmer head with fishing line. Intended for cutting weeds. Processes. For work, use a fishing line for a trimmer of two types: circular section and faceted.
Correctly choose a nozzle for your device. Too heavy options will overheat the engine.
The following methods are used to attach the working part:
The number of slots on the end part of the rod in each model is different. Therefore, when choosing a nozzle, pay attention to this.
When choosing nozzles for a trimmer for grass, read the manufacturers and characteristics of structures. Pay attention to the ratio of price and quality. Monitor the reviews of your favorite model. Let’s talk about the best models of nozzles presented on the market.
Refers to cultivator nozzles. Equipped with a soil lug. Suitable for use in small areas.
- manufacturer. Japan;
- brands: trimmer for Echo Pas-Tiller Cultivator grass, PAS-265ES lawn mower;
- knives material: hardened steel;
- Dimensions of the working body: width. 24 cm, depth. 36 cm.
KR400MP Makita 195710-3
Designed for small areas. The working part consists of milling.
- manufacturer. Japan;
- brands: EX2650LH, DUX60z;
- knives material: metal;
- The dimensions of the working body: width. 16 cm, diameter of the milling cutter. 23.3 cm.
Designed for weeding, which carefully digs the soil, facilitating the penetration of moisture and nutrients and saturating it with oxygen.
- manufacturer. Taiwan;
- brands: for benzos tac;
- knives material: steel;
- Power: gasoline engine;
- Weight: 5 kg;
- The dimensions of the working body: width. 18 cm, diameter of the milling cutter. 20 cm.
How to make a hedgehog with your own hands
Do.it.yourself hedgehogs for a cultivator for potatoes is a painstaking but mandatory stage to ensure the most comfortable use of the future tool.
The metal structure consists of 3 rows of disks of different diameters with metal spikes welded to them. Discs are interconnected by special jumpers. The device is assembled on an inch pipe, inside of which there is 20 mm motionless axis attached to the bracket on the cuttings.
Manual Hand Weeder | Grass Remover | Hand Weeder In 3000 Rs. With 3 Blades | Easy To Remove Weed
- steel sheets with a thickness of at least 4 mm for future discs;
- A carbon steel strip with a width of 20 mm and a thickness of 4 mm for jumpers;
- metal rods with a diameter of at least 8 mm and a length of 100-140 mm for spikes;
- pipe with a diameter of 250 mm for the frame;
- steel P-shaped bracket with a thickness of at least 4 mm and a width of 70 mm;
- A metal rod with a diameter of 20 mm, which is placed inside the pipe filled with thick grease, and the ends are inserted into the bracket openings.
At the preparatory stage of the creation, you need to collect all the tools that will be needed in the process of manufacturing hedgehogs: a welding machine, corner grinder, metal cutter, as well as a set of locksmithing tools. Drawings of future hedgehogs should also be prepared (see. Examples below).
- It is necessary to cut off a piece from a steel pipe in accordance with the size of the rowns on the site.
- Cut the spikes 120 mm long from the rod and focus their edges by 45 °. On average, 2 hedgehogs require 75-90 spikes.
- Cut discs from a metal sheet. The optimal diameter is 300, 200 and 100 mm. Cut holes under the pipe in these blanks. The diameter of the holes should be 1 mm larger so that the discs can be inserted and welded to the pipe.
- Make parts of corner grinding to eliminate burrs and irregularities.
- Evenly distribute the spikes along the disks. On average, each required 7-15 pcs.
- Bend the bracket on which the axis will be attached. The bracket can both weld and make holes in it for bolt compounds.
- Collect the details together. There should be a distance of 150-160 mm between the disks. Insert the ends of the axes into the holes of the bracket. Fix them with nuts or welding.
- Clean the corner grinder all sharp corners and bumps.
Discharges and decryption drawings
The drawing depicts a hedgehog section and its main parts:
- 1. hitch;
- 2. rotor (rotating shaft);
- 3. cylindrical part of the rotor;
- 4. bracket that connects the hedgehogs;
- 5. conical part of the rotor on which the discs are fixed.
The drawing shows the base of the hedgehog along with the bracket, as well as their optimal dimensions. The height of the device is 275 mm, the width is 340 mm, and the length is 345 mm. The angle of inclination of the rotors is 75 °.
The drawing depicts a cut of a conical looser:
Necessary materials and tools
In order to always be able to make some necessary products in the country, it is necessary to prepare the most popular materials in advance.
First you need to stock up on a lot of steel. She should be in every workshop. It depends on the number of various stripes, profiles and pipes how many necessary tools can be done yourself.
Many do not know where to start when assembling a hand cultivator with their own hands. Drawings are the first thing to stock up on the novice owner. And also you need to have the following set of tools and materials:
- Steel, pipes or reinforcement profile. This material will differ depending on the selected model.
- Wheel and mount to it. How an alternative should take a frame from a bicycle.
- Handle. For this part, you can use both metal pipes and handles from a shovel.
- Welding. You can connect the details with the help of welding, or it can be bolts, but it is advisable to have welding.
- Drill with a set.
- corner grinder with a detachable circle.
About the device
It will not be difficult to make such a cultivator. Its basis can be made of a metal pipe. On the end of the lower part of the pipe, it is necessary to weld steel rods, thereby forming the shape of the square. After that, the rods are bent in the spiral direction, and the ends are hidden.
As an alternative, you can use the steering wheel from a bicycle as a lever, and instead of a metal handle, install a shaft from a shovel. This will significantly save its own forces during operation.
A similar apparatus is designed to dig out various roots at a large depths, for cooking the holes for planting trees, etc. P. Can be used as an electrophoresis for soil processing with your own hands.
Although such a device is called a plow, the direct purpose of this is rewriting. It has no classic plow properties. Even two people will not be enough to work with a similar tool. It is more a classic cultivator. The device resembles a flat cutter, but an additionally installed traction handle is installed.
For such a design, one person is taken in front, who plays the role of traction force. And the second, the operator, controls the process of cultivation of the Earth. Without a second pilot, it is impossible to use such a device.
It is important to note that for soil plowing, such a tool is not suitable for two reasons. The first is that the normal plow turns the layers of the soil, and the device only loosens it. In addition, only one human power is not enough for normal plowing of the Earth.
Rotary, or starry
Make such a device is not a difficult task. For the manufacture of the structure, you need 5-7 stars that will perform the function of knives, string on the axis. These knives can be both straight and bent to the sides. After cultivating the soil, it is recommended to go between the rows and the plane cutter with a similar tool. The combination of two models is also possible, when the stars go first in the design, and then the flat cutter is used for the final stage. So you can significantly save the strength and energy of the working. Since the stars perform the function of the wheels in the design, the additional axis is not needed.
It is quite difficult to work with such a tool, so only a physically prepared person can cope with it. In such a garden design, you can install a wheel of the same diameter instead of the stars. In this case, you get a good right perch.
Weeding during flowering
The beginning of the formation of tubers is at the beginning of the flowering period. The kidneys are formed at the tips of the tables, from which tubers grow in the future. This stage lasts about two weeks and falls at the beginning-Coon of June, depending on the region and the culture variety.
Weave and loosen potatoes end before flowering, since subsequently the risk of damage to the tables, and, consequently, reducing yields.
If the weeding is carried out during the flowering period, then they do it carefully, trying not to damage the bushes and not hurt the roots.
Is it possible to do without weeding
If the potato field is large, and there is no way to purchase mechanical devices, then you can not weave at all. But the crop will not please. Without access of air and nutrients, tubers will grow small and sick.
Potato planting for straw
This method of landing is interesting in that it allows you to not weed and not loosen. It is based on the technique of mulching the beds.
The landing technology is this: on a flat warmed soil, the seed is laid out and sprinkle it a little by the earth. Then the plot is covered with a layer of straw 30-50 cm thick. Under such a blanket, the earth retains moisture, weeds do not grow, and the soil remains loose. Just dig out potatoes, even a shovel will not come in handy. Large and flat tubers grow.
Important! Another advantage of this cultivation method is to improve the structure of the soil. This is useful for heavy clay soils.
Harvesting using different types of potato.switches
So, the process of harvesting begins with the installation of potato.rowing on the machine, after which the land layer is cut together with the tubers.
Cleaning by fan potato.cap
The principle of digging potatoes with such a device resembles the use of a shovel, only instead of its own strength is the power of the motor.cultivator is used. The trailer device is fixed behind the machine at a certain angle. The slope is exposed individually so that the nose of the digging does not climb deep into the ground and pushes all the potatoes. If the potato.cutter is incorrect, he will wedge into the ground or cut potatoes.
The angle adjustment is performed on the holes on the burial rod. With the right location, the subjects are thrown into a fan from the rods. Here the soil moves away, and the crop remains in the garden for a motor cultivator.
Cleaning with vibration potato.cap
Using this mechanism on rows up to 40 cm wide, and up to 20 cm deep. Although such a trailer is best used with a walk.behind tractor. The cultivator simply does not need to pull it with power.
Rows with potatoes cuts a piece. The tubers along with the soil fall on the vibrating lattice where the earth. A clean harvest is thrown into the garden, where it is then simply harvested in a bucket. Some of these models of potato.coats have a conveyor tape to improve the process of moving and cleaning tubers.
The video shows the cleaning of potatoes with a walk.behind tractor:
Hilling soil for planting sweet potatoes
How to weave potatoes with a trimmer
There are various methods of weeding potatoes. from traditional manual to weeding using mechanisms. Each of them has its pros and cons, and experienced experts say that the best effect is obtained if these methods are used in the complex. The main tools with which you can weave potatoes include a trimmer for grass (lawn mower), a chopper.
Trimmer for grass is a lawn mower, which is driven by electricity or burning fuel (gasoline, diesel fuel). As a cutting tool, a fishing line for a trimmer, plastic or metal knives, mills are used as a cutting tool. The advantage of a trimmer for grass is the speed of weeding potatoes, which cannot be achieved with manual weeding. At the same time, with the help of motokos alone, you can not spill potatoes.
Important! It is noted that if you use a rounded fishing line for a trimmer in a motorcycle, not a faceted (in the form of a star), the weed results will remain for a longer time, since weeds grow more slowly after such processing.
Trimmer for grass use, first of all, fans of organic farming. They believe that it is impossible to hill or too often loosen the soil, and even more so. to pick up cut plants from the beds, since the nutrients that they managed to get from the soil are taken with them. On the contrary, supporters of organic farming believe that weed cuts cut off by the trimmer should be left in the garden. At the same time, they perform the following functions:
- They act as mulch, do not allow the next weeds for a long time and hold moisture;
- attract worms and microorganisms that process weeds into nutrients, thereby fertilizing the soil.
The weeding with a trimmer should be carried out when weeds are still small and easily cut off with a knife. At the same time, it is important to follow such rules of the weeding:
- Work should work in a respirator and goggles, since dust is formed during the work of a trimmer for grass, and small pebbles are scattered around;
- You can’t work when other people are in front of the trimmer;
- A trimmer knife for grass can be deepened into the ground no more than 1-1.5 cm.;
- You can work with a trimmer when the first seedlings of potatoes were identified, otherwise there is a risk of cutting them off;
- If the trimmer for the grass is low-power, every 10-15 minutes you should take a break so that the engine cools;
- At the end of the season, the knives and working surfaces of the trimmer for the grass must be treated with fungicides, since there is a risk that they remain pathogens of potato diseases.
Sets for weeding with a motorcycle unit
Many farmers and owners of sections with large areas have a mini.tractor and various hanging devices for him, which allow the following operations:
- Plowing and loosen the soil;
- Plant potatoes;
- Plow the territory and remove weeds;
- Process the between the potatoes with simultaneous hilling;
- Dig out tubers and harvest.
Thus, almost all actions in the process of growing culture: from landing to harvesting, are mechanized. This can significantly reduce the time for their implementation, not worsening the quality of the fruits.
note! Before starting the weeding of potatoes with a walk.behind tractor or other operations, the equipment must be prepared. To do this, you need to remove the cutter and install a soil. If you use MK Mole or Neva, which are equipped with a central emphasis (a similar device is also on more rare, but also applied in gardening cultivators, salutes and centaurs), then it must also be removed, and in its place to set the coupling. Then metal pins are inserted into it, with which the necessary attachment equipment is fixed.
Duck potatoes with a motor block
Thanks to all our efforts to fall, the potatoes have grown, the tops dry out. So it’s time to remove it. This is usually done in late August, early September. The main thing is that the weather is dry, otherwise the tubers will be raw and dirty, before storage you will have to be cleaned of the ground.
Before cleaning, the remaining tops must be mowed with a scythe or trimmer and removed so that it does not interfere under the feet. To dig potatoes with a motor block, you can buy a special attachment equipment. the flutter. But we will do without it. this operation can be poured with a one.row cigop. Put it on a single tractor, catch the soil.bearing, install the equipment in the middle of the bed and flush potatoes at the first speed. The hillock cuts the ground and puts potatoes along the edges of the bed. First, swing the ridges through one, collect the crop, then the remaining.
We will lay out potatoes in a dark barn so that it does not green from the light. Two weeks later, when it is moving away, we will cross it into small and large and lower it into the cellar for storage. In a dry, dark and cool place, the potatoes can lie until the next harvest.
Modern technique should facilitate the life of an gardener. On this example, we showed how to plant, hilling and digging potatoes with a motorcycle unit.