How to attach Fiberboard panels to drywall?
If the question of environmental friendliness is important to you, then you have probably already paid attention to the fiberboard wall panels. With their help you can seriously decorate your interior, make it more expressive and modern, while not completely emptying precious in the current economic climate the family budget.
In addition, the installation process is not characterized by any prohibitive level of complexity and is quite available for the “mere mortal” to master.
So feel free to arm yourself with tools and hurry to buy the material. today we will tell you how to mount the fiberboard panel to the wall so that when you see the result to experience well-deserved satisfaction.
Pros and cons of using them in the interior
It is quite logical before the direct installation of a particular finishing material to cope with what it has positive and negative sides. All the more so, that in terms of appropriateness of use Fiberboard panels are not as unambiguous solution as plastic or drywall. Similar instructions, but already on how to mount drywall, you can read in the article “How to attach drywall to the wall: 2 methods of installation”.
- the already mentioned above environmental friendliness;
- easiest installation;
- good noise-insulating properties;
- a wide choice of textures and colors;
- elementary care;
- low cost.
- flammability of the material;
- possible unevenness in the joints of the fragments;
- not suitable for exterior decoration;
- weak index of moisture resistance;
- possible deformation under mechanical impact;
- inconvenient installation of hanging furniture.
As you can see, fixing fiberboard panels to the wall surface is only possible in relatively dry rooms with favorable thermal conditions. Be sure to get rid of mold on the walls, if any. You should take into account the fact that this material is very afraid of any forceful impact and will inevitably give a crack at any active contact with it. Otherwise, all the negative aspects of its use are safely leveled by its advantages. One of them is a wide range of different textures and colors, which allows you to decorate the interior in full accordance with your aesthetic needs.
Tools and consumables
In order to mount the panels, you will not need any specific tools. Need to keep on hand all the same standard kit that is used to install any other finishing material.
- a level or an angle;
- electric screwdriver;
- Jigsaw or wood hacksaw
- staple gun;
- tape measure;
- self-tapping screws;
- Wooden laths or metal profiles for the frame (subject to this method of installation);
- liquid nails or other adhesive.
It remains only to add themselves Wood-fiber board panels. and then you have a complete set of everything you need for quality and successful installation. In order to calculate their exact number, you need to make a correct marking.
Preparation of the substrate and marking
Perhaps the most tedious and tedious stage, which many masters (both beginners and already professionals) do not take quite seriously. And that’s a pity, because a lot depends on the quality of preparation of the base surface. Especially if you will mount the fiberboard panel directly to the base without creating a leveling frame. So it is better still to think soberly and perform the necessary manipulations with the utmost quality and care:
- If possible, carefully, but without excessive fanaticism, remove the old finish (read about how to remove liquid wallpaper from the wall);
- If the paint stubbornly does not want to come off the “forced” place, then leave. it will not bother you in the future installation;
- Eliminate all possible cracks with a primer and repair compound;
- If the cracks are minor, then first make them wider with a hammer and chisel, and then already treat them with a primer of deep penetration. this will help protect your base surface from the appearance of mold and mildew;
- After all the processing, decide where and how you will fix the panels to the wall. to make an accurate marking;
- Lean a level against the wall and determine the top and bottom mounting point;
- Run a horizontal line for the trimmer around the perimeter of the room in which the repair will take place, and then directly under the ceiling;
- Determine the location of the rails on the basis of the optimal step of 50 cm.
All your further steps depend on how you decide to fix the panels on the wall. directly on the adhesive, or through the device supporting framework. Consider both types of installation, noting their peculiarities, pros and cons, as well as the specifics of the various stages.
The first method. Mounting with the use of crates
- is recommended in cases where the base surface is characterized by large irregularities that can not be corrected manually;
- for rooms with high humidity, it is best to use metal profiles rather than wooden slats as a base for the frame;
- The method with the use of crates is indispensable in cases where additional insulation of the walls is planned.
The main disadvantage of this option is the need to install a framework, which slightly lengthens the duration of work. In addition, the framework takes away a number of centimeters of free space. Are you ready to put up with such “arbitrariness”? Very often you simply have no options, because you can not achieve a perfect surface every time you need.
The device of the crate
A very important point. to know how to mount the panels Fiberboard to the wall: vertical or horizontal. This directly affects the nature of the auxiliary framework.
- horizontal arrangement of the panels Wood-fiber board. vertical scheme of sheathing;
- The vertical arrangement of the panels Wood-fiber board. horizontal sheathing scheme.
Finishing walls with wood fiberboard panels: how to attach them to the wall, advantages and disadvantages, tools and video tutorial
The quickest way to make the walls of your apartment apartment and beautiful. is to perform finishing with wood-fiber board. They are used as an analogue of an expensive natural material. timber linings. Produced this material from wood chips, which are pressed at high temperatures and strengthened with special substances. It does not contain phenol and its compounds and is therefore considered harmless. This material is used to cover walls and ceilings in dry rooms. Not recommended for use on outdoor balconies, in rooms that are not heated, in bathrooms and for outdoor work.
- Installation is easy enough, dust and debris when finishing almost never happens. It can be sawed with an electric jigsaw or a fine-toothed hand saw. If there is a need for disassembly, it is also not difficult. Difficulties arise only when constructing the frame.
- Fibreboard is an excellent heat-retaining and noise-absorbing material. For sound and thermal insulation to be of higher quality, a wooden frame is made.
- Wood-fiber board panels have an original appearance. Such material can create an imitation of natural stone, masonry, wood. Only it is impossible to create an imitation of relief with this material.
- compared to others, this material has a fairly low cost.
- the ability to succumb to moisture, as a result of which the panels get wet and lose their attractive appearance.
- easy flammability, so for sockets and switches are installed metal sockets.
The necessary tools and materials for work
- self-tapping screws;
- corrugated boards for electrical wiring
- electric screwdriver;
- UD profiles;
- wooden bar;
- finishing corners;
- Fiberboard panels.
Ways to fix fiberboard panels
Fiberboard panels are attached to the wall in two ways:
Depending on the circumstances, a specific fastening method is used. If it is necessary to hide any communications, then the frame method of fastening is used. If you need to finish an even wall, use the glue method.
Mounting fiberboard by the frame method
This method of attachment involves making a framework, which somewhat resembles the construction used to attach drywall. The difference lies in the different position of the support profiles. If for fixing gypsum plasterboard, they are installed vertically, when installing the fiberboard panels, the profiles are placed horizontally. As a result, there are peculiarities of making such a frame.
At the very beginning of the work is chiselled off the plane of the future framework. Then along the entire perimeter of the wall, floor and ceiling fasten the guiding profiles. Vertical support profiles cd are installed in the plane after 3000 mm, which is the standard length of the support profile. This is done in order to further install between them horizontal support profiles cd, whose step is equal to 500 mm. With crab cd-connectors they are connected to the vertical profiles, and to the wall attached to the U-brackets.
The main thing in the process of finishing walls Fiberboard is the installation of the frame. The fastening itself is considered a much easier process that can be handled by anyone. The wood-fibreboard panels are attached to the framework with special clips (claymores). Before attaching to the frame, the claymores are inserted into the grooves that are located at the end of the panel. This ensures their stable fixation to the frame. The clamping brackets are designed so that they do not prevent the insertion of the next panel into the groove.
Mounting the fibreboard panels with glue
This method of finishing walls is considered more simple, because it does not require installation of the frame, which takes quite a lot of time.
Before proceeding directly to fix the panels on the walls, it is necessary to choose the right adhesive for this purpose. Ordinary glue will not work here, you need a special adhesive with certain qualities:
- The glue must retain its plasticity after curing. This is necessary because fiberboard panels, which are made of pressed cardboard, can be severely deformed by high temperature and humidity in the room. Therefore, an adhesive that is resistant to these conditions is required;
- The glue used to finish the walls with this material should fix it in places that are slightly curved. Therefore, it must be thick, so it was possible to spread it in a thin and thick layer. The best for this purpose are “liquid nails”.
Installation with the “liquid nails” is simple enough, the instructions are on the tube with glue, and you can not violate it. First, the walls, which will be covered with panels, rid of dust and dirt with a primer. After it has dried, proceed to finish the walls Wood-fiber board.
The adhesive is applied to the panels in a point-by-point manner in large droplets. After applying glue, the panel is pressed against the wall, tapping tightly and pull away. This is provided by the technology of gluing. it is torn to ensure that the glue a little weathered and the material does not depart from the wall under its own weight. After a few minutes the panels again pressed against the wall and tapping capital.
Panels are easy enough to glue, much harder to evenly and accurately trim them, especially in places like soffits and the like obstacles. It is very important to trim them properly, because it affects the appearance of the room.
Finishing walls with fiberboard panels is clearly demonstrated in the video.
Nuances when finishing walls
There are some points to consider when finishing the walls Fiberboard:
- corners. Fiberboard panels can not simply bend, so they must be trimmed very close to the corner. Then these cut edges are overlapped with a special angle;
- framing. The lowest horizontal profile must be on the floor. This contributes to the reliable attachment of the baseboard;
- To avoid warping in the future, the first panel is installed in accordance with the vertical level and securely fixed with screws in those places where they will then overlap. At the bottom it will be a skirting board, at the top. the ceiling, in the corner. a decorative overlay. It is desirable to check the position of the panels with a construction level.
Installing the panels on the plasterboard
Gypsum plasterboard finishing of walls and ceilings is done for their quick and easy leveling for painting or wallpaper. But this version of the lining does not suit everyone, and this is quite normal. it is possible to decorate flat surfaces with panels and for this there are at least three ways.
Method one. metal crate
As a rule, fiberboard and PVC are mounted on purlins and the same method can be applied in this case. Gypsum plasterboard is attached to a metal galvanized framework, where the profiles are arranged vertically, with a spacing of 30 cm or 4 pieces per panel. It can be either CD (for wall cladding) or CW (for a partition), but in both cases there is a base for fixing the brackets.
As the consoles it is very convenient to use perforated galvanized profiles in the form of a tape. in the working condition they bend and resemble the letter “U”. The width of the metal profile, which fastens the drywall sheet is 60 mm, that is, just the length of the rungs of the letter “U”, but the mounting holes are offset to the center there. It turns out that for the installation of the console, it is an ideal base, in addition, it is not installed transversely, and along.
For the crate for the panels need a step not more than 40-50 cm, therefore, for the room height of 250 cm will need 6 rows of horizontal profiles. Exactly 6, not 5. at the bottom of the floor and at the top of the ceiling there must be a base for fixing the battens. For each profile of the bottom frame will need one hanger, therefore, you can easily calculate the amount of material for purlins.
If the length of the rad is greater than the length of the CD, they will have to join and use connectors for this, although this is not necessary. Instead of connectors profile simply trim and dock, securing the small screws. But here it is very important that the joint is just on the bracket and therefore the profile may have to be cut in order to calculate the correct fixing of the two parts.
The distance of CD rows from the wall depends on whether you will install insulation, which will also serve as soundproofing. U-shaped hangers allow for the adjustment of this gap. The brackets are fixed to the substrate with 35-50 mm self-drilling screws, and the CD is attached to them with 9-11 mm long small self-drilling screws.
The second method. wooden crate
It is much easier to install wooden battens, but here you should take care that all the laths have the same thickness. The number of rows here is calculated by the same principle as for metal at the rate of a step not more than 40-50 cm. But the cross-section of the bars can be chosen arbitrarily. depending on whether you want to mount a thermal insulation from below, and how thick it will be.
Fastening wooden laths is also done with self-drilling screws, the length of which depends directly on the thickness of the bar. Here it is important that the screws reached the metal under the drywall and was held in it by the threaded part. For example, for a 50 mm bar, a 75 mm screw is sufficient. a 15 mm self-tapping screw will remain for screwing.
Joints of laths should necessarily converge on the main frame profiles, and each side must be screwed to the base. Please note that the edge of the lath when screwing a screw into it will split, so, before fixing it there should be drilled a hole. If you can not make the connection above the main frame profile, then the laths are joined by overlapping the rail at the bottom and/or top (scrap of the same lath).
Please note! In bathrooms and other rooms with high humidity, fixing the panels on a wooden framework on the staples is highly undesirable. The wood when swelling will loosen brackets, and they simply come out of the slats.
Fastening of battens to purlins
For installation Fibreboard panels on metal or wooden crate used klyaymerov. special devices, which are put on the bottom chamfer of the tongue and groove (nailed) to the crate. It should be noted that the fastening of klyaymers with self-tapping screws is much easier to implement, and it will hold better. On each claymere need either one screw or two nails.
The first batten is installed with the emphasis on the adjacent wall, but if the tongue side it is mounted on claymers, then the chamfered side it can be fixed only through the panel. To do this, as close to the edge as possible, it is screwed with self-tapping screws, which at the end of the cladding is closed with a decorative bar.
PVC-polyvinylchloride (PVC) linings can do without claymers. on the bottom of the tongue there is an apron, which is either nailed to the base of the stapler, or screwed with a screw. But while both options (staples or screws) are possible for wooden purlins, only self-tapping screws should be used for CD.
In addition, for plastic battens there is no need to screw through the panel on the chamfer side when installing the first board, but here there are two options. The first method is when a herringbone-type guide (outer or inner) is installed in the corner, where the edge of the board is inserted. The second method involves overlapping the last panel on an already tiled wall with an L-shaped profile. the guide simply presses it to the base.
If it is an outside corner, instead of “herringbone” use F-rail, only the outermost batten on the adjacent wall is screwed through the body. Then the rim of the “herringbone” overlaps the heads of the screws, and behind the turn the panel is inserted into the tongue. By the way, if you want, the same method with the rails can also be used for MDF.
Method three. adhesive fastening
In some cases there is a need to save space, that is, the batten will in any case take a few centimeters of the room, but if it is not fixed, it can be a decisive factor in the placement of furniture or bathrooms. If there is a need to save space, you do not need insulation, and you want to get rid of the additional frame, then use the adhesive method of attachment.
In the construction market there are many varieties of polymer glue, and each of them is good, although made by different manufacturers. But most finishers prefer two options, this “liquid nails” or PVA. it is not only cheaper, but also more convenient. It is equally suitable for MDF and vinyl.
Finishing walls with fiberboard panels: how to attach them to the wall, advantages and disadvantages, tools and a video lesson
The fastest way to make the walls of your apartment flat and beautiful. is to perform finishing with panels Wood-fiber board. They are used as an analogue of expensive natural material. wood paneling. Produce this material from wood chips, which are pressed at high temperatures and strengthened with special substances. It does not contain phenol and its compounds, so it is considered harmless. This material is trimmed the walls and ceilings in dry rooms. It is not recommended to use it on open balconies, in rooms that are not heated, in bathrooms and for outdoor work.
- Its installation is easy enough, dust and debris when finishing almost never happens. You can saw it with an electric jigsaw or a hand saw with fine teeth. If there is a need to dismantle, it is also not difficult. Difficulties arise only when framing.
- Fiberboard perfectly retains heat and eliminates extraneous noise. To improve the sound and thermal insulation, a wooden frame is made.
- Fiberboard panels have an original appearance. Such a material can create an imitation of natural stone, masonry, wood. Only it is impossible to create an imitation of relief with such a material.
- In comparison with others, this material has a rather low cost.
- Can be affected by moisture, as a result of which the panels get wet and lose their attractive appearance.
- easy to inflammability, so for sockets and switches metal sockets are installed.
Necessary tools and materials for work
- self-tapping screws;
- corrugated boards for electrical wiring;
- electric screwdriver;
- UD profiles;
- wooden bar;
- Finish corners;
- Fiberboard panels.
Ways of fastening the panels Wood-fibre board
Fibreboard panels can be mounted to the wall in two ways:
Depending on the circumstances, a particular method of fastening is used. If it is necessary to hide any communications, the frame method of attachment is used. If you need to finish even walls, use the glue method.
Installation Fibreboard panel mounting frame method
This method of attachment involves making a framework that somewhat resembles the design used to attach plasterboard. The difference lies in the different position of the supporting profiles. If for fixing gypsum plasterboard, they are installed vertically, while when installing the fiberboard panels, the profiles are placed horizontally. As a result, there are peculiarities of making such a frame.
At the very beginning of the work, the plane of the future framework is read off. Then along the entire perimeter of the wall, floor and ceiling, the guiding profiles are fastened. Vertical bearing profiles cd are installed in the plane at 3000 mm, which is the standard length of the bearing profile. This is done in order to further install between them the horizontal support profiles cd, which have a pitch of 500 mm. Using crab cd connectors, they are connected to the vertical profiles, and are attached to the wall using U-brackets.
The main thing in the process of finishing the walls Fiberboard is the installation of the frame. Mounting itself is considered a much easier process, with which anyone can cope. Fiberboard panels are attached to the frame with special clamps (clampers). Before attaching to the frame, claymers are inserted into the grooves that are located at the end of the panel. This ensures their secure attachment to the frame. The clamping brackets are designed so that they do not prevent the installation of the next board into the groove.
Mounting the fiberboard panels with adhesive
This method of finishing the walls is considered simpler, because it does not require installation of the frame, which takes quite a long time.
Before proceeding directly to fix the panels on the walls, it is necessary to choose the right adhesive for this purpose. Ordinary glue is not suitable here, you need a special adhesive with certain qualities:
- The glue must retain its plasticity after hardening. This is necessary because the fiberboard panels, which are made of pressed cardboard, can greatly deform due to high temperature and humidity in the room. Therefore requires an adhesive that is resistant to these conditions;
- The glue used to finish the walls with such material, should fix it in those places that are slightly curved. Therefore, it should be thick, so that it was possible to spread it both thin and thick. The best solution for this is “liquid nails”.
Getting to work with fiberboard panels, you need to pay attention to the following recommendations:
- the distance from the ceiling should not be more than 5-6 cm is also worth paying attention to wiring;
- first make a pencil marking, and then perform installation of the frame;
- ceiling profiles are inserted into the starting profiles;
- In the room around the perimeter wooden bars are placed at a distance of 40-50 cm, to which the panels will be attached;
- In the case of the horizontal bars, the panels are mounted vertically with the help of the level;
- It is best to start fastening from the corner, from the finish strip;
- If the panels reach the ceiling, in this case, place a ceiling plinth;
- Long panels are cut with a jigsaw;
- They are pre-drilled holes for the expected soffit.
The work of placing the wood-fibreboard panels on the plasterboard surface requires a neat, precise approach.
When traditional natural materials begin to run out, as has happened with wood, there is a natural inclination to minimize losses and even recycle production waste.
This is how the analogues of wooden boards based on sawdust and wood shavings appeared. particleboard and fibreboard. From the “Mason Cannon,” fiberboard was produced, later to be known as Fibreboard.
Boards put into production in the United States in the second half of the 20th century. In our country, it did not become a part of the building material lineup until 30 years later. But it was China that succeeded the most.
Synopsis: Two methods were used for the manufacture of fiberboard in the production environment: “wet” (similar to the technology of obtaining cardboard) and more modern. “dry”.
How to attach PVC panels to drywall. Construction and repair
Plastic and Fiberboard panels are increasingly being used to furnish modern rooms. It is easiest to use them in rooms with high humidity.
To decorate with such structures can be both walls and the ceiling, if plasterboard is used to create an even surface.
The main ways of fixing the panels are considered below.
In this case, the plasterboard is fixed on a galvanized metal frame. Profiles are arranged vertically, with a distance of 30 cm or 4 products per panel.
It is convenient to use galvanized profiles as consoles. They are made of tape and resemble the letter P.
The panel is installed along, not across, so it is an ideal base.
If a crate is made under the panels, a step of no more than 50 cm is necessary.
Thus, for a room with a height of about 250 cm will require about 6 rows of profiles.
But it is not necessary to take less and more, since the top and bottom need distance for fastening battens.
The amount of material for purlins is calculated simply. for the profile of the lower frame will require one hanger.
It is easier to install wooden purlins than metal ones. It is only necessary to take care that the laths have equal thickness.
The number of rows is also calculated on the basis of the step (no more than 50 cm).
The cross-section of the bars can be arbitrary: it depends on whether you want to mount a thermal insulation.
Wooden purlins fasten with screws. The length of the latter depends on the thickness of the bar.
It is important to observe the condition. the screw must reach the metal under the drywall, and it can be held there by a thread.
On the profiles must necessarily converge joints laths.
It is undesirable to mount in rooms with high humidity panels on a wooden frame.
The latter may swell and quickly fall into disrepair.
High humidity leads to swelling of the wood, as a result of which the staples will fall out of the laths and can not hold the panels.
Fastening of battens to purlins
In order to put the fiberboard panels on the purlins (wood or metal), you need to use clampers. They are put on the bottom chamfer of the tongue and fastened to the purlins.
Fasten klyaymerov easier screws, and the construction will hold much tighter. For each claymer you need to prepare one screw, or take two nails.
The batten is mounted with an emphasis on the adjacent wall. On the chamfered side the batten is fixed through the panel. To do this, they are screwed closer to the edge with self-tapping screws. They can be covered with decorative elements after installation in order not to spoil the view.
Fiberboard and PVC panels can be attached to plasterboard with glue.
This method is much easier, since the panels can be attached in any direction.
You do not have to level the walls, because the plasterboard is initially even. The easiest way to do gluing is with liquid nails.
Glue is applied to the back of the panels around the perimeter and center.
Then you have to wait a little so that the composition was absorbed, and then the products are attached to the plasterboard and firmly pressed on the surface.
Panels are attached one at a time, each one must be inserted into the previous one. Thus finish the entire base, until all the elements are fixed.
Liquid nails are not always of high quality, so for extra durability you can also use self-tapping screws.
A little bit about the panels Fiberboard
Finishing the ceiling panels Wood-fiber board is gaining popularity. They come in two varieties:
Laminated panels have an upper decorative layer. Cold lamination is used, as a result of which the base becomes more protected from external influences, and the products themselves are easier to clean.
Veneered models have a natural veneer in the composition. it is the wood of valuable species.
Veneer is a very thin layer of wood obtained by planing.
This technology is considered to be environmentally friendly, because it contains no harmful compounds.
Panels made of veneer are stained. Chemical compounds are used for this purpose. The wood becomes durable, more attractive, in addition, easier to clean and wash.
- Natural materials, ecological purity, safety for the body,
- high strength, resistance,
- resistance to fungus and other microorganisms,
- the possibility of using different types of paints,
- no harmful resins, phenol.
Materials for installation
It is recommended to stock up on everything you need even before the work begins. Below is a list of tools that may be needed:
- Soft pencil for marks. Preferably a black or gray shade,
- measuring tape,
- level gauge,
- metal scissors,
- screwdrivers, screwdrivers,
- panels themselves,
- skirting boards,
- Galvanized metal profile,
General instructions for attaching the metal frame profiles
The indent from the base of the ceiling should not increase too much, otherwise the overall space of the room will decrease. The optimal distance. 5-6 cm. The location of the wiring should be taken into account.
First a simple pencil make a marking, then mount the initial profiles. For their installation you can use both dowels and self-tapping screws. It is important to keep the distance between the fasteners. no more than 40 cm.
Along the perimeter of the room should be placed wooden bars, later on they will be attached to the panels. Between the bars must be a distance of 40-50 cm. Here the preparatory work for installation ends.
General rules of fastening
If the panels are fastened horizontally, the joists must be installed vertically. Assemble the rafters with the level.
It is easiest to start fastening from the corner, where the finish strip is fastened beforehand. Ceiling plinth must be attached if the construction covers the wall up to the ceiling.
The work requires accuracy, precision, so there is no need to rush. Especially the marking and the installation itself.
How to attach the Fiberboard to the wall correctly?
During the construction work there are a lot of questions: how to fix the fiberboard panels to the wall, what materials and tools are used in this case, and what types of fiberboard panels exist? Today, the fastest and easiest way to ennoble the walls of the apartment is cladding the walls with Wood-fiber board panels. What is the material and what is the technology of work with it?
Fiberboard panels are made from waste wood after being processed by glueless hot pressing. In fact it is the same as the felt, but instead of wool are used wood fibers.This is why this material is environmentally friendly.
The tools and materials required for installation of wood-fibreboard
In addition to the standard set of household tools in the work need:
To calculate the required number of Fiberboard panels, the total perimeter of the room is calculated, divided by the width of one panel, and then rounded to the nearest whole number. Usually take 2-3 fiberboard panels as a reserve. Immediately calculate the number of corners in the room to be repaired. Universal corners in the color matching the panels can be purchased at the same store as the panels.
Mounting Wood-fiber board panels on a wooden crate
Preparing the wall for installation Fiberboard panels
There are two main ways of fixing the panel Fiberboard to the wall:
- Fastening with a pre-assembled frame. Used when the main wall, which is used to fasten the fiberboard, is uneven or there is a need to hide communications behind it or to insulate it.
- Special adhesive is used when mounting the panels, when the wall is flat and does not need thermal insulation. This type of installation is simpler and cheaper.
The frame method. There are two equally possible options here:
The beginning of work in both variants is standard. If thermal insulation is necessary, first mount a layer of thermal insulation to the wall. Then the walls are pre-marked. At the corners of the room vertically and around windows and doors are installed laths or profiles. Verticality is checked with a plumb bob. On the floor and under the ceiling, two frames are assembled and then the horizontal slats are screwed to the vertically installed slats at a distance of 40 cm from each other. To ensure that the fiberboard panels are assembled without bumps, the verticality of the framework is checked with a level and, in case of deviation from it is adjusted by pads under the slats of the frame. This is the same framework as for drywall, but with horizontal rails. it is more lightweight.
Assembling wall panels
Mounting the Fiberboard panels is easier than preparing and assembling the frame for them:
- Cut the required number of Wood-fibre board panels to the height.
- Start the work from the corner of the room.
- On the starting panel cut the ridge and fix it in the corner with nails or self-tapping screws. On the other side we install the adhesive tape.
- Insert the next panel into its groove, and fix it in place with clamps.
- It is necessary to fasten the Fiberboard panels until the last two are left.
- They are placed back-to-back and click into place with light pressure.
- Secure the edge of the last panel with nails.
- The corners of the room are glued with a universal corner to give the room a finished look and hide the starting and ending fasteners.
- The adjoining to the floor panels The fiberboard is closed with a skirting board.
- The boundary between the fiberboard panels and the ceiling is glued with a baguette.
The glue method of panel assembly
Glue construction when installing the panels greatly simplifies the entire process.
Any glue is no good. Need to choose one that will meet the necessary set of requirements:
- The glue must remain malleable even after it is completely dry. Panels Fibreboard is made of a material that is subject to deformation and thermal expansion. To prevent them from lagging from the substrate requires a sufficiently elastic glue, which will remain so even after thickening.
- The wall may not be perfectly flat and smooth, so the installation of fiberboard panels is necessary. So, the consistency of the glue should allow its overlapping in different layers.
Under these requirements successfully suits the glue “Liquid Nails”.
The installation itself begins with the cleaning of the wall from dirt and dust. Then the wall must be primed and, if necessary, covered with a layer of antiseptic. The panels are cut to height, and before attaching the Fibreboard panels to the wall, staggered glue is applied to the back of the panels in large droplets all over the surface. After the required technology 5 minute wait element is placed in its place on the wall and pressed down firmly. Once pressed, the panel is carefully torn off again and set aside. This is necessary to do in order to allow the glue to weathered a little.
After 5 minutes the panel is placed in its place and pressed firmly.
If during the process you have questions about how to fix the fiberboard in your specific case, you can easily find the information you need in the manuals and instructions for the construction, where everything is described in detail.
This process is not complicated, and it can be done by yourself, without the help of builders-professionals.
The main thing here is to do everything in order, being scrupulous about the details.
After all, as you probably know yourself, there are no minor details in the repair. Every little detail, unfinished against the background of a beautifully and stylishly made repair will look like a huge blot in the student’s notebook.
Advantageous features of gypsum plasterboard panels
The demand for the products is constantly growing. And it is not surprising, because the products are of high quality and durable, helps in the process of repair to finish any surface. The most stylish and practical solution for decorating the room. So it is worth noting their advantages and positive qualities.
- Prior to their installation does not require prior preparation of the surface;
- Immediately after finishing, the room can be exploited;
- Finishing panels allows you to keep access to communication systems without damaging the decorative coating;
- Panels optimize the cost of finishing work;
Plasterboard panels are not only used as cladding material. They are also used to create load-bearing structures. Or in the form of lightweight interior partitions. They are easy to install and do not require too much space.
With the help of panels it is possible to imitate natural natural materials. For example, wood or stone, or decorate the interior of the room with original ideas in the classic style. Modern monochrome wall panels make it possible to decorate any interior in the room.