DIY hacksaw divorce
The main cutting element of any manual saw is a number of teeth cut on the canvas and are cutters in the form of wedges. The wood, in the manufacture of all kinds of products from it, is sawn along, across and at an angle θ to its fibers, in this regard, transverse, longitudinal sawing and sawing at an angle to its fibers are distinguished and, in each case, the corresponding type of saw is used, which differs from other forms teeth.
During transverse sawing, transverse saws are used, the cutting edges of the teeth of which, when moving in wood, is interrupted by its fibers as a knife and form a cut. The longitudinal sawing differs from the transverse in that the direction of movement of the saw parallel to wood fibers. The front edges of the teeth of the longitudinal drank string the wood, like knives in the shirts, and, deepening, form a cut. When sawing wood at an angle θ to its fibers, universal (mixed) saws with teeth, which are an intermediate shape of the teeth of transverse and longitudinal saws are used.
Sharpening of the saw
Sharpening of teeth drank. in its kind art, requiring fidelity of hands, good eye, attention. It is not difficult to learn this matter, it is necessary to have a desire and clearly adhere to the following rules:
- The saw canvas must be rigidly fixed in a special device made of wood, which is also steadily installed on a well.lit desktop. Sharpening of teeth drank on stools or knees does not give a satisfactory result.
- You should use a personal file, followed by stripping the sharpened faces of the teeth with velvet (with a small notch) or a file. It is desirable that the file is new, sharp and with a mounted handle. If at the right time it was not the same, then you can use a used, but necessarily cleaned with a steel brush and grated with wood coal, so that the file does not clog and does not stupor. When sharpening the tooth, the file should cling to its metal and remove its layer depending on the strength of pressure. And if it slides down the tooth without removing the metal, then the teeth of the saw are rolled or the file is Istrut. In this case, it is necessary to repeat the sharpening with a new file. If in this case it slides along the tooth, then it remains to take another saw.
- The handle of the file is clamped with the right hand, and its end holds the end with his left hand and the file is directed to the teeth of the saw. About the work of the file, depending on the type of saw, is described below.
- The pressure of the file on the teeth should be smooth and uniform and only one way from itself. When the file is returned to the starting position, he should not touch the teeth.
- We must try to grind the metal from the faces of the teeth of the minimum of the same thickness, the lead of the file is the same number of times with the same pressure, which allows you to maintain the values of the angles, the step and height of the teeth after sharpening.
- On the faces of the tooth from the side of the file of the file, burrs are formed, which reduce the sharpness of the tooth, and if you do not remove it, then during the operation of the saw they are painted, and the teeth are significantly blunt. To remove the burrs, the edges of the teeth are wetted with a file with a velvet notch and the burrs from the side faces with a wet donkey are removed.
- After sharpening the teeth, it is necessary to check their sharpness. Look at the tip of the needles and the edge of the razor blade: they, sharpened, do not shine in the light. And if they lick them, then rounded surfaces appear on the tip of the needles and on the edge of the blade, which reflecting the light, sparkle well. On this principle, a check of the quality of sharpening of teeth saws was built. For this, the saw is placed in front of the eyes and examine its teeth along the canvas. If their cutting edges and peaks do not shine, then the teeth of the saw are saturatedly stumbled, and if some of the teeth with brilliance (often it happens), then they need to be undermined by a file with a velvet notch, remove the burrs and again check the reflection of the light with their edges and peaks.
The teeth of the transverse saws are pulled, using a trihedral file with a fine notch with an angle at a top of 60 °.
To sharpen the teeth, the saw is clamped in a special device that allows you to install its canvas at an angle of 45-50 ° to the plane of the desktop. The file is carried out parallel to the desktop at an angle of 60-75 ° to the saw canvas and thus, in the first tooth, the left line is A1A2V2V2.
Sharpen the teeth of the saw in several tricks. First, they pass the files along the left edges of the odd teeth located in the far row, setting up hands on the same movement. Then they pass a file on the right faces of the same odd teeth, completing the sharpening of the main cutting edges with very sharp peaks. After the sharpening of the odd teeth is completed, the saw canvas in the solid device turn over and thus sharpen even teeth, which ended up in the far row. When sharpening the teeth of transverse saws, it is necessary to carefully monitor that the sharp main cutting edges with the dual-sided angle φ = 60-75 °, a short cutting edge and a sharp peak are obtained in each tooth.
How to sharpen a wood saw: simple step.by.step instructions | (Photo video)
The sharpened hacksaw on wood saws itself. this will confirm any professional carpenter or carpentry. If you disagree with this, then it’s time to sharpen the tool.
Sharpening of a hacksaw on wood includes and wiring a saw’s teeth. There are special devices for this, as well as improvised tools.
How to work correctly with a circular saw
For pure transverse sawing of massive wood, decorative plywood and other sheet and slab materials, replace a standard disk with 24 teeth, which are equipped with most models, in a disc with 50-60 teeth. And for most cuts, when quality requirements are not too high, use a disc with 40 teeth. And only for longitudinal sawing of massive wood again install a standard disk with 24 teeth.
Get rid of chips in one of three ways
Follow the two tricks instead of one. The first shallow pass is purely cutting the wood fibers located on the surface, and under the final cut they will not be torn upward.
To press the surface wood fibers, especially on the materials lined with a stampy veneer, and prevent the formation of chips in places where the diesel teeth come out of the material, attach the plate from a solid organ to the sole of the circular saw. Smoothly plunging into a spinning disk and drinking it through, you will get an anti.ski lining, the width spilled in which it will accurately correspond to the thickness of the saw disk. She will help minimize chips.
Attention! Be extremely careful when working with such a lining, since it prevents the protective casing from closing the disk from below. 3
Such a guide tire will help not only cope with chips, but it also simplifies work on opening, and you will not have to resort to calculations. Make it as shown in the figure. Give the width in accordance with the size of your saw. We made a guide tire a mine for about one and a half meters for cutting plywood sheets. The distance between the edge of the base and the emphasis should be 10-12 mm more than the distance from the saw disk to the edge of the sole of your saw. Fold the edge of the guide tire, pressing the sole to the stop. Now one edge of such a tire will play the role of an anti.scatter lining, pressing the fibers from above. Before cutting, put the tire over the future part, since on the other edge of the cut, where the fibers are not pressed, chips will occur.
Purpose and use of tools
Disk saws are equipped with many different elements and additional functions. For example, quite often on the tools there is an additional handle. It makes no sense to talk about her appointment. it makes work with a tool more conveniently. The only thing that should be noted is this element of 2 types. The most convenient, according to user reviews, is the handle installed on the saw platform. Most often, tools are equipped with an additional mushroom shape.
The disk saw is necessarily equipped with a protective casing. This element consists of two parts. The lower one is mobile, the upper is motionless. In the upper part there is a special hole through which sawdust is removed during the work. The hole may have different shape. If you do not connect a vacuum cleaner to your saw, then you can not pay attention to the shape of the hole. If the vacuum cleaner is connected, it is better to select a tool with a round hole, otherwise you will have to additionally look for a special adapter.
Disk saws are necessarily equipped with a crumbling knife. It is designed so that the disk does not clamp in the process. This element is attached with a pair of bolts. To make it more convenient to install and remove, there is a special hole in the upper saw cover. But there are models without such a hole. In such a situation, to obtain access to fasteners, the saw must be installed in a position that corresponds to the zero drink. The knife has to be dismantled quite rarely. Typically, the need for this arises when the workpiece has to be sawed from the middle, and not from the edge.
It is important to be able to work with the instrument start button. In discs, she was not quite simple
This button is associated with a protective mechanism that eliminates the risk of randomly turned on the saw. That is, you cannot press this button until you click on the unlock button. Thanks to this solution, a disc saw is as convenient to use as possible. The button may have a different size. It is more convenient if it is big.
Another important element of the structure is the mechanism of blocking the spindle. He makes the process of installing a discoster. It is found in most cases exclusively in expensive models of imported production.
Rolled curtains in the nursery: choosing tips
It is important to be able to handle a network cord. At first it seems very simple, but if the saw is used outdoors in cold weather, it is better that the power cord is in rubber insulation
This option is preferable than plastic, t.to. The rubber is more flexible and its elasticity does not decrease at low temperatures.
Quite often, modern models of disk saws are equipped with various electronics. It facilitates the operation of the tool and makes it more convenient. Most often there are functions such as smooth start, protection against overload, control of revolutions, maintaining a constant level of revolutions.
Adjustment of the guide slice on the table and disk
The first thing to do for the correct setting of the circular is to align the guide grooves on the countertop strictly parallel to the cutting disk. This will need to have a caliper at hand. To achieve the ideal position of the guides and the working body is easy. The error should not be more than 0.05 mm. Otherwise, even a slight deviation adversely affect the processing of lumber.
Adjusting the crumbling knife
It is very important that the crumbling knife clearly passes one line with a blade. The adjustment of its position is carried out by placing the P-shaped goals under the mount from the side in which the knife is displaced. If P-shaped washers are not provided in the set of equipment, then they can be made independently from sheet steel.
If it is necessary to remove the crumbling knife, it is advisable to remember what goals are from different sides of its fixation. With this approach, you will not have to deal with equipment adjustment once again.
Hand tool tutorials; buying, restoring and sharpening a vintage saw
Subtleties of choice and features of the work of manual circular electric saw
When sawing materials using a conventional saw, half of the energy is wasted, as it is spent on returning the tool to its original position. Therefore, the invention of such an instrument as the circular electric manual drank was at one time a real breakthrough. The cutting canvas of this tool moves only in one direction, so the efficiency of work is extremely high. The circular saw is often used to saw out different materials, and its electrical version is very effective and often used in everyday life and production tools.
Electric circular hand sawing device
Each of the models of manual disco electric saw works according to the same principle. Inside the tool body is hidden an electric motor that rotates a cutting disk. The main differences are always in the type of design. manual or electric. The disk in manual disk saws is manually driven, as the name can be seen, but the electric motor is in the electrical. These two types of saws differ not only in weight and dimensions, but also by the method of transmitting torque. In a manual circular saw with the possibility of a stationary installation, the disk is installed directly on the shaft, in electrical models, torque transfers a drive belt.
Compact and powerful manual circular saw Mafell K 65
Also, regardless of the type of saw, it has a special support site that allows you to regulate the depth of the saw and its angle.
A separate type of mini-drill of disk electric manual-models operating from the battery. Of course, they cannot boast of the same power as their brothers working from the network, but with their help you can carry out work away from the sources of electricity.
During the construction of a country house, it is convenient to use a battery saw. Its low weight and compact dimensions will not let you get tired quickly in the process of cutting materials, and the battery holds perfectly without recharging for more than one hour.
Additional nozzles to control the accuracy of the sawing facilitate work with a disc saw
Like any other complex tools, circular saws are:
- household ones. are characterized by a relatively small power and set of settings, but they are extremely easy to operate and perfectly cope with the cut of small volumes of materials;
- semi.professional. slightly more powerful and functional than household, but do not reach professional;
- Professional. withstand heavy loads with prolonged work, can have a number of useful additional functions, are used in the field of professional construction.
If you plan to often saw large volumes of building materials, then you can not do without a professional model. But with normal repairs on their own, a semi.professional saw is quite enough.
Manual circular mini-drill Bosch PKS 16 Multi-light and compact tool
How to choose the right circular saw
There are a huge number of models of circular hand saws in the modern market for building tools. If you are wondering which manual circular saw to choose, then here you should understand a number of nuances. First of all, when choosing a saw, you need to pay attention to the following characteristics:
- Pilage power power. a parameter that directly affects the effectiveness of the tool. If you want to buy a disk manual saw on which you can install a cutting disk of large diameter, then you need a model with a powerful engine. The same characteristic affects the depth of the cut and the power of the disk rotation. The low.power saw can get stuck with the cut of particularly solid wood and bring down at the most crucial moment. Minus of any powerful model. its weight. For example, an electric manual disk wood saw with an engine power of 1200 W will weigh about 4 kg, and with a power of 2000 watts. already 7 kg;
The support site allows you to regulate the depth of the saw
- The depth of the cut. directly depends on the previous parameter. The more powerful the engine, the greater the disk can be installed on it. In total, 4 of the size of the depth of the cut of saw. The first is everyday life, which is 40-45 mm, the second cut of 50-55 mm-is used for semi-professional needs. Professional circular saws are characterized by a cut depth of 60-70 mm, and the last size is up to 140 mm. The latest type saws are used in industrial industries, at home it is almost impossible to use them. How to choose a wood saw on a cut depth? Compare the sizes with your needs. By the way, on some models there is a function of adjusting the cut depth;
It is very convenient to use models with a battery to work in places where there is no access to electricity
- Disk rotation frequency. the density of the material that can cut the saw depends on this parameter. Also, the higher the speed of rotation, the cleaner the slice; many users mistakenly believe that the greater the engine power, the higher the speed of the disk speed. In fact, there is no direct connection between these two parameters. Low-power saws for the sawing woody plate have a large number of revolutions and cut fragile material purely.
- adjustment of the angle of tilt of the cut. this function now has almost all models of electrical hand.saws on wood. It is used mainly for professional work, and for amateur sawing boards or plywood is not needed.
Circular saw with the function adjustment function
Dawed circular electric manual: additional functions
Many modern saws have a number of additional functions that allow you to perform a more neat cut and many other things. Below we consider a number of popular and useful functions:
Sharpening and wiring saw
Two.handed saws sharpen and are bred in the same way as ordinary single. The whole difference of such a tool is that two people work with it at once.
With the help of tape saws, the wood and varieties of this material are most often sawed. The tree does not require too much exposure, it is a soft material that is easily sawn and drilled. However, in the process, it is advisable to fix the logs and boards still. During sawing, you must be careful and not keep your hand too close to the cut of the cut. This can lead to serious injuries.
Pile preparation includes fugus, breeding and grinding of teeth. The nature of the saw is affected by the shape, size and tilt of the teeth. Saws with an isosceles teeth are recommended to be consumed only for transverse sawing, rectangular shape. for longitudinal and transverse, with inclined teeth. only for longitudinal.
The sawing of the saw is to align the tops of the teeth so that they are at the same height. To do this, fix the file in the vice and move the tops of the teeth along it. The quality of the fugus is checked by applying a ruler to the tops; At the same time, there should be no gaps between the tops of the teeth and the ribs of the ruler.
|Rice. one. Fugus of saws of saws: 1. vise; 2. wooden template; 3. saw canvas; 4. file.|
Read also: device for compressing a network cable
Independent sharpening of circular saws is a task quite feasible for a home master.
But this advice is hardly useful to the one who works directly in the forest. Under these conditions, the degree of hardness, density and humidity of the trees is hardly possible.
In order to choose the right wiring, you will have to test this device in different conditions, the best option will be three tenths. five tenths of one direction.
The general requirement is the wiring of the teeth no more than the thickness of the canvas on two sides. Do the wiring before sharpening. The main cutting element of any manual saw is a series of teeth cut on the canvas and representing cutters in the form of wedges.
During transverse sawing, transverse saws are used, the cutting edges of the teeth of which, when moving in wood, is interrupted by its fibers as a knife and form a cut. The longitudinal sawing differs from the transverse in that the direction of movement of the saw parallel to wood fibers.
The front edges of the teeth of the longitudinal drank string the wood, like knives in the shirts, and, deepening, form a cut. In the process of work, the teeth of the saw are blunt, the cutting front and lateral edges are rounded, the pile of the saw becomes heavy and it is necessary to crush it greatly.
Experienced masters in the brilliance of the cutting edges and tops of the teeth and the sound of the saw easily determine its acuteness. To restore the cutting ability of the teeth, they are pulled by files or files, giving them sharpness and preserving their parameters: angles, steps and heights.
Sharpening of teeth drank. in its kind art, requiring fidelity of hands, good eye, attention. It is not difficult to learn this matter, it is necessary to have a desire and clearly adhere to the following rules:.
Cross saws. Sharpening of the transverse saw: 1. saw blade; 2. sharpened tooth; 4. sharpening device; 5. desktop for sharpening saws; 6, 8. Directions of the file 7 in relation to the desktop and the drained teeth of the saw; 9. a fishing line for a trimmer to bend the teeth during their divorce. Sharpen the teeth of the saw in several tricks. First, they pass the files along the left edges of the odd teeth located in the far row, setting up hands on the same movement.
Then they pass a file on the right faces of the same odd teeth, completing the sharpening of the main cutting edges with very sharp peaks.
Saw discs “show teeth
World practice shows that on saw equipment they rule the tool long before the wear of solid tips. However, at domestic enterprises, saw discs often bring to complete unsuitability.
And the short vision of managers who save on the sharpening and maintenance of a saw tools are guilty of everything. Meanwhile, those who sees rational grain in the restoration of saw discs are becoming more and more.
For processing wooden blanks, changes in length and shape, a saw is often used. This tool is represented by a combination of the working part and handle. At the same time, the working part is represented by a metal plate with cutting elements, which are located in a certain sequence relative to each other. Only with proper and timely maintenance can the likelihood of wear of the product be excluded. An example is the wiring of the teeth, which is performed from time to time to ensure the smooth course of the tool on the resulting cut.
Three distinctive features are characteristic of strip saws. They are made only of special varieties of instrumental steel, which provides high indicators of strength and wear resistance of teeth. Manufacturers usually use steel of 9XF and B2F categories, foreign companies prefer the C75 series. In any case, the hardness of the material should be at least 45 HRS.
The width of the cutting of the canvas of the tape saw is much already already than that of disk analogues. As mentioned above, this is a fundamental factor in the processing of valuable wood and business wood.
Saws can easily cope with blanks of any length and diameter. At the same time, a properly sharpened strip saw provides high production productivity.
It must be clarified that the reliability of closed saws is explained by the heterogeneity of the material that is used to make the canvas.
In particular, the body of a saw instrument is usually made of spring steel, which has incredible resistance to stretching and dynamic loads. Varieties of steel with a high molfram and cobalt go to the manufacture of the cutting edge. Individual parts of the canvas are welded to each other with high.frequency currents. Tools made using this technology can be used to saw metal.
Manual and stationary circular saws have a similar principle of operation. But equipment management has some differences.
Circular manual saw is an effective and safe tool. But still, the use of such equipment requires compliance with some operational rules:
- Electric power connection. When using a saw on sections remote from the mains, an extension cord is often used. It must fully correspond to the power of the circular tool. Before connecting it, you should check the integrity of cable insulation. When connecting a saw to the network, you should check that the switch on the device is turned off.
- Material fastening. The wood intended for the saw should be well fixed on a flat surface. For this, the material is placed on the workbench and fixed until its full stability.
- The installation of the depth drank. The required indicator is determined using a special scale on the tool. When cutting the bar, the disk should not protrude beyond the material, otherwise the workbench may deteriorate. Therefore, it is recommended to fix the depth of the cut slightly less than the required value.
- After installing all the necessary parameters, the cutting mechanism should be set in motion. Start the cut only with a rotating disk. The movement of the saw along the material should be smooth and even.
At the end of the working process, a manual circular tool should be disconnected from the network.
The use of circular machines has its own operational features. To cut wood, it is necessary:
- Install the switch on the equipment in the “disconnected position. Only after that you can connect the cable to the electric network.
- Raising the handle to adjust and fix the height of the disc cut according to the size of the material prepared for cutting.
- Check the position of the guide strip and saw disk. Their location with each other must be parallel.
- Run the circular machine and perform a longitudinal section of wood material. Cut one board should be made with a single approach.
Using a stationary circular saw after processing the entire material should be turned off the switch on the equipment that stop the disk rotation and disconnect the tool from the electric network.
Using a circular saw requires caution. In order to prevent accidents during the operation of electrical equipment for sawing wood, the basic safety rules should be observed:
Recutting and Resizing Saw Teeth | Paul Sellers
- Before connecting the device to the network, it is necessary to make sure that the equipment is disabled;
- During operation, use protective equipment. gloves, glasses, clothes;
- avoid entering the water tool;
- do not use the circular device in places with a high level of humidity;
- You can move or lower the equipment to the floor after disconnecting only with a completely stopped disk;
- avoid overheating of the engine;
- eliminate access to the instrument of children;
- The cuts for the sawing should not contain extraneous objects. bolts or nails;
- Before work, check the reliability of the fixation of the material.
The competent use of the circular saw will allow you to qualitatively perform an accurate cut of any number of boards. And compliance with all operational requirements will fully protect the workflow.
How to dilute the teeth of a hand saw
How to sharpen and breed a saw
Ribbon saws are often sold in an unsteady state. A professional tool needs to be diluted first, and then sharpen. Once every few years the process of wiring is repeated. Incorrectly diluted and poorly sharpened saw can spoil all the work.
How to sharpen and breed a saw correctly? In the beginning you need to understand the essence of these processes. After all, the preparation of a manual tool is different from the preparation of electronic. Manual saws have a completely different form of teeth and work technician.
Why the saw is being bred
Wiring is such a process, as a result of which the teeth of the strip saw are bent in different directions. Even teeth are bent in one direction, odd. into the other.
Ahead of time before diluting a strip saw, you need to realize why this is needed. Stupid processes usually do not bring a positive result. It is clear that at one time sawing the width of the cut is desirable not easy than the thickness of the saw canvas. If the cut is already, then the saw will begin to get stuck in a personal computer. With incorrect wiring, there may be a curvature of the canvas. As a result, the saw will go crookedly, and there is no way to saw a flat saw.
How to dilute the teeth of a saw
Welcome all lovers of woodworking. The topic before this video was prompted by the audience, who asked to talk about how to breed hacksaw correctly.
Before you lies the tool. Hacksaw, round saw and winning disks. Where will we start? The topic is no longer so relevant. Its meaning slowly falls, because a few decades ago the first winning discs appeared. Samples of 30 years. They sawed a wood-brown slab. It was not necessary to dilute it thanks to carbide plates. We served for a long time.
Modern Italian disk with carbide plates. It is made more carefully. So that it does not deform during work, the cuts were done. The width is 2.5 mm. The resistance of the material is very small. For these disks, a divorce is not needed. As for the hacksaw with a bunny tooth, there is also no divorce there. They are ready for use. But it is impossible to hide them with a file. Only on an electric shield. The question is still relevant about the divorce of the teeth. Where to start this business? To competently dilute the hacksaw, you need to professional. After that, cut out between the teeth the marking of the corner grinder literally a little so that each tooth is the same height. After that, breed.
What to build on, how to work correctly? We measure the thickness of the canvas. We need to consider what wood we are going to saw. If it is raw, loose, or dry and hard, the divorce should be different. For loose raw wood, you need a large divorce. But not more than 2 thicknesses of the canvas. If the canvas is 0.8, the divorce should be 1.5 mm. the width of the cut. If the wood is dry, it needs to be cut qualitatively, but this needs no more than 1.5 thicknesses of the canvas. Then the resistance of the material will be minimal. Will not pinch the hacksaw.
How the bulk makes a divorce. People boasted and said that they were doing it with an ax. This itself says that the supporting one works, that is, rough. The teeth should deviate to the right and left to the same angle. If they dance, that is, one more, the other less, such a quality of sawing will be bad. It will be hard before, will cling. The teeth will be knocked out. The quality will be bad. Watch the continuation of the video from the fifth minute.
A hand saw, or hacksaw is often used to work with wood. This is a practical and inexpensive device. The article describes how to sharpen a hacksaw, information is given about the device and the purpose of the saw.
Appointment and device
For sawing, two.handed and one.handed saws are used. The former are quite rare. Electric devices are more often used. One.handed are used often.
Fabric. a knife with a large number of teeth. On the one hand, ends with the handle, for which they are held when performing operations.
Khdosovka can be used when working with a laminate, a wood-piece stove, for sawing logs, trees trunks, carpentry operations and so on.
For quick work, long blades with large teeth are used. For neatly. with small. For sawing along. with inclined teeth, for the transverse. with straight.
The machine is used to sharpen the hacksaw.
Any cutting tool works fine if it is sharp. With prolonged use, the teeth are rounded, the stabbing stroke loses smoothness, it becomes difficult, also:
- The performance worsens. To make the same number of cuts with a dull device, it is spent twice as much time and effort.
- The accuracy of the operations strives for zero. It is almost impossible to perform a neat cut.
- The use of the tool becomes dangerous. The knife constantly moves off the cut line, jams it, the blade gets stuck, the teeth come into even greater unusable. You can injure.
The only way to return the factory parameters, get an even and smooth move is to sharpen a hacksaw.
How to determine what has come for
A manual wood saw must be sharpened if it became difficult to handle it, the tool began to make other sounds when working.
You can also determine the severity by the splendor of the cutting edges of the teeth.
If you sharply sharpen a hacksaw, the tool will quickly restore properties.
Not all teeth can be sharpened with a file or other mechanical device. You can not do this with fisted hacksaws (their teeth have a black color with a bluish tint).
Divorce of the teeth of the saw
To properly sharpen the hacksaw, the teeth should be pre.diluted. This is necessary for a smooth passage without clamps and stuck. The process lies in an alternate, uniform bending of teeth. As a result, free gaps are formed on both sides of the canvas, the saw begins to move in the section faster and easier.
- The wider the dies’ divorce, the less likely that the saw will get stuck during operation. But, if you overdo it, the width of the drink will become too big. This will complicate the use of the tool.
- Standard wiring. no more than 2 mm. It is recommended to bend the teeth 0.3-0.5 mm for dry materials, 0.5–1 mm for raw wood.
- Special devices are used. wiring (see. a photo). The saw is tightly clamped by the teeth so that the teeth do not fully protrude. The device is fixed on the work surface. The process of bending begins.
Tools and process of work
- Sharpening equipment. Use a new sharp file and a file with a fine notch for stripping.
- Tool fixation. The canvas is fixed with a vice. How to install and process the blade is shown on the video.
- Work technique. The top layer of metal is removed with a file (the thickness of the layer is determined by the power of pressure). Make sure that the movements are uniform, progressive, in one direction. If the layer is not removed, then the file has worn out or the saw has hot teeth. In the first case, the tool is replaced with a new. You can’t grind the hot saws.