Expert recommendations: how to remove a star from a chainsaw correctly?
Chainsaw requires regular diagnosis and periodic replacement of worn parts. With regular operation, not only the saw set, but also the leading star is unusable. In this tool, it acts as a clutch disc, which is why it accounts for a significant load both when starting and during operation. The star on the chainsaw has a simple design, so it is easy to repair and prevention with it with your own hands. In the article we will consider how to determine the degree of wear of this detail and carry out a planned replacement.
Almost all models of modern chainsaws use a centrifugal type adhesion system. The specificity of this mechanism is that when the maximum number of revolutions of the gasoline engine is reached, the clutch drum starts automatically, transmitting rotation to the leading star. This reduces the load on the basic parts of the tool, extending the life and maximum performance.
Figure 1. Scheme of the device of the leading star
The clutch drum where the star is located can be located from the internal or outer part of the chainsaw building. There is always a cover on top to protect moving mechanisms from dirt, sawdust and dust. The coupling itself is a metal disk located in the coupling drum. The entire mechanism is attached to the crankshaft of the engine with springs with springs, along the edges of which there are friction pads. When the engine speed exceeds a certain value, a centrifugal force arises, which exerts strong pressure on the inside. After that, the star starts. The rotation of the chain saw begins.
Important! It is the asterisk that sets the chain of the chainsaw. All parts of this mechanism are closely related to each other, breakdown of the headset leads to a violation of the tool.
Types of leading stars
There are two types of drums, depending on the purpose of the chainsaw, professional and household. The frequency of replacement of the asterisk depends on this: if the household saw is used much less often professional, then replacing consumables, such as an asterisk, bearings or a crown, requires less often.
In their design, leading stars are of two types:
Solid or non.Vegetable type. As follows from the name, this is a single design, where the clutch plate and the drive crown are firmly cooked or compressed. If necessary, the detail changes entirely.
After you have determined the type of your saw and sprockets to be replaced, you can proceed to the process of updating the mechanism.
How to remove an asterisk from a chainsaw
Depending on the brand and model of the tool, the design features of its system may differ, but the principle of interaction of components usually remains unchanged. The method of installing a leading gear is identical to all a modern type of chainsaw, whether it be a professional Husqvarna or Chinese Noeum. The differences are minimal (not counting the quality). The only serious difference can be the location of the asterisk, which can be inside (between the clutch and the engine) and the outside (on the clutch). The most common option is presented precisely by internal mount, so the description of the process will start from it.
First of all, it is necessary to prepare auxiliary means, without which to remove the fixed clutch is almost unrealistic. To prevent scrolling, you can use a special lock, which is screwed into the candle hole, or place an ordinary bundle from a cable or thick cable in it (even more delicate). You can remove the clutch drum using a special puller, the key for the corner grinder or the usual hammer with a chisel. For a more reliable attachment of a new star, it is better to stock up in advance with a tube of a thread lock.
- The process of replacing the gear begins with the removal of the chain, saw tire and extracting the candle from the nest.
- Turn the clutch so that the piston drops down and place a lock or knot in the candle hole.
- We insert a puller or key into the clutch clutch, and twist clockwise. Analyzing the first time, to disrupt can be difficult enough, and it is likely that you will have to approached with a hammer.
Even with minimal experience, to figure out how to unscrew the asterisk on the chainsaw is extremely simple. The process can be complicated by a strong threaded thread, so it is better to carry out these work with the assistant. For the most visual demonstration, we recommend that you look at the next video, where the author briefly, but shows in detail how to remove the asterisk from the Partner chainsaw, followed by the installation of a new part.
The second option for removing the asterisk, when it is located outside, does not require unscrewing and even fixing the piston. The element is fixed on the locking ring, which is slightly bend and remove, freeing the path to extract the gear. In the reverse sequence of the assembly process of the leading node, you should pay attention to the presence of a puck that plays the main role of the stop.
How to change broken rope Salemmaster chainsaw
How to remove an asterisk on a chainsaw
You can remove and change the asterisk at home without resorting to the service of the service center. The procedure is this:
- We unscrew the fastening of the saw headset with a special key;
- Unscrew and remove the headset lid;
- Unscrew and remove the air filter cover and the filter itself;
- We unscrew the spark plug.
To remove the asterisk, you need to fix the engine piston. To do this, we smoothly pull the cord of the kick starter, raising the piston up, but not bringing it to the end. Pour a long segment of the thick cord into the candle hole until the combustion chamber is filled. This is necessary in order to prevent the piston from passing the upper dead point. At the same time, the cord will serve as a damper, protecting the piston from possible damage. Part of the cord should exit the hole so that then it can be extracted.
How to Repair the Starter on a chainsaw starter | spring installation | स्टार्टर की मरम्मत कैसे करें
To unscrew the asterisk, you need a special key that rarely comes with a set of saws, especially cheap models. You need to use a grocery of soft metal. Copper or aluminum.
The gap is leaning against the protruding of the cams of the centrifugal mechanism and inflicting non.Strokes with a hammer. The direction of the blow should be almost parallel to the plane of the coupling, since with a large corner you can bend the mounting of the cams and the clutch will have to be changed. Direction of the blow. Counterclockwise. Often, the inscription “OFF” and the arrow showing the direction of the blow are applied to the clutch.
After frightening the nut from the place, it can be unscrewed with your hands.
Some manufacturers of sawing clutch and sprockets use simple nuts with left thread. Then the task is simplified, because for removal you can take a simple open key of the desired size.
Now remove the leading star, trying not to lose the plastic gear of the oil pump drive and a needle bearing.
How to install
After all the work is completed, the asterisk can be replaced in good. Assembly is carried out in the reverse order. It is advisable to additionally grease the needle bearing.
When twisting the nut of great efforts, there is no need to attach, since it itself will be delayed during operation.
Replacement of a sawing element of a chainsaw
If you need to replace the chain on a chainsaw, then follow the following actions.
Remove the cover covering the star. For this, it is most often necessary to unscrew the fasteners.
Up the fastener, remove the lid covering the coupling with an asterisk.
Sticking with your hand by the tire, serve it towards the star so that the chain is weakened.
Remove the chain element from the leading star.
Now you need to install the chain on the chainsaw. Take a new saw element and put it first on the leading star.
Then you need to put the chain on the tire, laying the element in its groove around the entire perimeter
It is important that the links are dressed correctly on the driven star located on the top of the tire when installing, pay attention to the direction of the cutting links. They must be directed to the opposite side of the unit, on the upper part of the tire.
Serve the tire in the opposite direction of the engine to tighten the chain slightly.
After laying the saw element, before putting the lid in place, it is necessary to combine the screw through which the tension is adjusted, with the regulator located behind the tire, only after that you can put the lid and slightly screw the nuts
Next, insert the screwdriver into the adjusting screw and make the final tension. How the correct stretch of the chain is made, it was described above.
Lift the tire a little and tighten the nuts, thus fixing it. It is important not to overdo it and not to disrupt the thread.
Starter on a chainsaw. Design and principle of operation
Genkets, although they have different names, are constructively similar. The trigger mechanisms of the benzargates are also similar to the engine, with which the engine is launched. Mechanisms for launching an internal combustion engine are suitable for chainsaws of different brands Stihl, Husqvarna, Dolmar, Makita and others. Structurally, the starter for the chainsaw consists of the following elements:
- The drum on which the cable is wound
- Cable with which the crankshaft of the tool is given in motion
- Pen for the convenience of using the mechanism
- The frame with the spring, thanks to which the cable is wound on the drum (returns to its original position) when the saw launches the engine
The principle of operation of such a device is simple. With a sharp rise in the handle of the mechanism, the cable stretch. The cable introduces into the cloth with the ratchet, transmitting the movement to the drum with slots. This is how the crankshaft moves, which makes several revolutions. At this moment, a working mixture is compressed in the cylinder. As soon as the handle returns to its original position, the connection of the ratchet with the slots is disconnected, and the shaft ceases to rotate.
With each subsequent jerk, the cable increases the amount of fuel-air mixture in the cylinder. So that the cable is returned to its original position, are used in the design of the starting mechanism of return springs. They are made of elastic steels. It is this spring that often causes a malfunction of the starter of the unit, which can be repaired.
DIALLED DIY DIAGNITION AND Repair Stihl 180 with your own hands
Despite many varieties of modern building materials, wood remains most in demand. In this regard, among forest rollers, owners of their own houses and summer residents, chainsaws are in great demand.
Among the enormous variability of the model range of the most in demand for both amateurs and experienced foresters for many years, the chainsaw of the Stihl 180 chainsaw remains, which has been characterized by simple maintenance, repair and operation. STIHL was founded more than 9 centuries ago and began the production of gasoline chain saws back in 1926. Thanks to many innovations, unpretentiousness and durability, the tools of this manufacturer are in demand in the global market of woodworking equipment.
- To start repairing the carburetor, they begin with cleaning them from dirt and dust, valuable woods. Use the brush. When the surface is completely cleaned of garbage, the repairman removes the lid and then the filter.
- Air collector is released after unscrewing the mounting of the air filter. Now the user has access to the accelerator and connecting rods. The accelerator lever is immediately removed when the shutter is lowered by pressing the finger down.
- From the seat, the carburetor moves away after removing and closing the suction lever. Then the wire is removed and stretched to stop the engine. Remove the plastic lever that is the place of fastening the wire.
- He is raised to the left. As a result, the carburetor is released, which allows it to be pulled out and cleaned. For these purposes, it is convenient to use the compressor. In its absence, the details are cleaned with pure gasoline.
The assembly process of the carburetor saw is carried out in the reverse order. If after this process smoke comes out of the silencer, and the saw engine starts poorly, you need to make sure that the spring is located under the lever.
The spring stops the fuel supply.In his absence, an involuntary “pouring” fuel into the candle occurs
It is important to make sure that the spring is on the spot and the candle works
If the candle is filled with gasoline, it should be dried.For this, the part is twisted, fuses, an excess of fuel that got inside, through the existing hole. The candle dries for more than half an hour. Then it is installed in place, and the chainsaw is brought into working condition.
Insufficient contact between the high.Voltage wire and the end of the fork can also be the cause of the tool breakdown. STIHL chainsaws can be repaired by replacing problem parts.
For example, when the candle fails, it is replaced by reliable. Chains, stars, tires are subject to rapid wear. They solve anti.Vibration problems in the device of the chainsaw, so their replacement is urgent. It is recommended to store such details in the warehouse.
Oil pump repair and replacement
Consider how to change the oil pump. If the element proceeds, then update the gasket between its two parts. If this part of the oil pump is not damaged, then it must be wiped and put in place. Now check the hose. There should not be cracks on it. If the hose is damaged, it is replaced. Then the output channels clean the compressor.
When replacing clutch, we do not recommend using metal or plastic objects as a stopper. The former can scratch the cylinder, the latter can litter it.
- We turn on the brake of the circuit stop, remove the protective cover and dismantle the saw headset;
- We remove dirt, sawdust, dried lubrication, if any;
- Remove the air filter and the nursing;
- With the help of a candle key, remove the candle;
- Rotating the crankshaft, we bring the piston to the top point, then take it by 6-9 mm;
- Rope, with a diameter of 7-8 mm, stop the piston in the upper position;
- We unscrew the nut on the clutch with a special key-shooter.
Most of the moving parts of the chainsaw have right.Sided rotation. Therefore, in the nut on the clutch, the left thread is provided. Remove the lid, you need to rotate the key by clockwise. It is forbidden to carry out this operation with a hammer and a chisel. You will have a limit!
- Remove the lid and leading star. Diagnose the malfunctions and evaluate the wear of the details. We evaluate the condition of the needle bearing;
- If necessary, we replace the parts with new ones (the leading star needs this most often);
The installation of the clutch system of the chainsaw is carried out in the reverse order, however, you should pay attention to some features.
Nuances when installing a clutch system:
- On some models of the chainsaws between the leading star and the clutch, there may be a puck. Pay attention to which side it costs to the engine;
- Some oil pump drives are equipped with a special spring (mustache), which is responsible for the transmission of rotational movement from the leading star to the oil pump. It is important to adjust the spring so that it falls into the appropriate groove on the stars’ body with a free end (mustache). Otherwise, the saw set will not be lubricated;
Important: after dismantling and assembling clutch, be sure to check the operation of the automatic oil supply system.
Block: 4/7 | Summer characters: 1981
Removing and replacing the coupling with your own hands according to the instructions
Far from how to remove the clutch on a chainsaw is known. The constructive performance of mechanisms on different models of chainsaws differs, but the principle of operation is the same everywhere. The dismantling procedure is also practically identical, so then we will consider how to unscrew the coupling on a chainsaw with an internal location.
Initially, you will need to prepare the necessary tools:
- A special key called a puller. He often comes with a chainsaw
- Screwdriver screwdriver with which the protective casing is attached
- Candle key. Used to unscrew the fastening of the casing and tire (it comes with the tool)
- Rope. In order to lock the crankshaft. It is better to use asbestos, but for this purpose any. The rope is used in case a special stopping key for the piston is not attached to the tool
If dismantling is performed for the purpose of replacement, then accordingly you will need to prepare a new mechanism in advance. When buying a new coupling, you only need to know the exact brand of the chainsaw, since the devices differ in the outer diameter, thread and design of the working mechanism. Instructions on how to remove a clutch clutch on a chainsaw has the following view:
- Initially, it is necessary to unscrew the fasteners of the casing and tires
- Remove the casing with a manual brake, as well as the chain and tire
- After that, go to the removal of the plastic cover to get to the spark plug. For this, the fasteners are unscrewed with a screwdriver, and the lid is dismantled with an air filter
- The spark plug is unscrewed with a candle key
- You need to stick a rope into the candle hole of the cylinder (install a special key if any). This is done in order to lock the crankshaft. If the diameter of the rope is several times smaller than the size of the candle hole, you can make nodes on it
- Next, proceed to the unscrewing of the clutch itself. To do this, take a special key that should be in the kit. If there is no key, then you can use the tool from the corner grinder or make an independent puller, which will also not be difficult
- The key slots must be installed in the holes of the coupling, and then proceed to rotate the part. It is necessary to rotate in the direction clockwise. Typically, manufacturers indicate the directions for unscrewing in the form of an arrow
- With the rotation of the coupling, the piston will reach the upper dead point, after which the crankshaft will stoop. Then putting a small effort, tearing the clutch with the subsequent twisting of the mechanism
- The twisted coupling is dismantled from the chainsaw. If necessary, a drum with an asterisk is also extracted
The procedure is not at all difficult, and does not take much time. The assembly is performed in the reverse order of removal. In order to avoid any malfunctions, it is recommended to set a fully identical adhesion on the corresponding model of the tool.
It is interesting! Similarly, the procedure for removing and replacing the clutch for all brands of chainsaws of Husqvarna, Partner and others is performed.