How to tuck the line for the trimmer in the grass trimmer, so that the work with it does not tire. How to change the trimmer line on a STIHL brushcutter.
This picture shows the view from above. Marked with an arrow that indicates the direction of rotation of the spool, as well as the direction in which to turn the spool to wind the line. Green circled one of the two latches (the other on the opposite side of the bobbin), designed to disassemble the bobbin and actually fill the spool of fishing line.
spool 2. line bending place 3. start button 4. trigger spring 5. bottom bobbin case cover 6. top case cover 7. hole for line exit from the bobbin
If you have a spool capacity of 15m it is best to wind up no more than 10m, i.e. 5m of line should be folded in half when spooling.There may be a different volume, but the principle is the same: reset one third of the maximum capacity and measure the line as much as would give the remaining two thirds of the capacity of the spool when folded in half. 2. If we use a normal round line of 3.3 mm for the trimmer, the diameter of the line will be slightly smaller for curly line, for example 3.0 mm. 3. Wind two ends of the line on the bobbin simultaneously, starting from the point of inflection, without overlapping, in the direction indicated by the arrow on the spool. It is almost an art to keep the line under tension. If you overdo it, it gets caught If you underdo it, it gets twisted. I have not yet mastered this skill. The line for the trimmer should be coiled only with gloves on. 4. It is not necessary to try to leave the ends longer It is at the first impact of a longer fishing line on the blade that problems with twisting start.
How to thread a line onto the bobbin
Press the 2 catches in the middle of the bobbin.
The line can run out of trimmer line in the trimmer head at the most inopportune moment, when there’s still a lot to mow This is a quick guide to replacing the fishing line in the trimmer head (other names include replacing the cord or string in the bobbin or trimmer reel).
How to coil a line for a trimmer on the grass trimmer spool: how to coil and
Every garden owner knows how quickly weeds can invade an area. Your grass trimmer can help you win the competition without extra effort. This indescribably useful device. an indispensable assistant in trimming and mowing grass. It’s no secret that an ordinary lawn mower can be used far from everywhere. Even very difficult terrain can be treated with a trimmer, in contrast. This is especially true for those tools, which have as a cutting element not a knife, but line for trimmer
Hand-held petrol mower. Changing the fishing line on the spool.
In this video, I show you how to simply and easily wind the trimmer line onto the spool of your hand-held trimmer without any help.
Black Decker trimmer head
Turn off the grass trimmer. Before you begin to change the fishing line in a BlackDecker type trimmer head, first disconnect the grass trimmer and remove the battery pack.
Press the latches on the sides of the trimmer head and remove the cover. The cover must be easy to remove.
Remove any remaining fishing line from the spool and clean the trimmer head cover and body of soil and grass.
Buy line for trimmer for grass trimmer. To replace the fishing line, you can use one of two options:. buy a new spool with the line already wound at the BlackDecker online store and replace the spool in the trimmer head with it;. buy the trimmer line, for example, at the service center of your dealer, at a specialty store or at the market and replace only the trimmer line in the trimmer head. The diameter of the line, the shape of its cross-section and the recommended brand cm. in the Grass Trimmer Owner’s Manual and at the price level.
Insert the trimmer line into the reel. The end of the line from the coil should be inserted into one of the holes, better start on the outside, where the arrows are drawn. Then bend the end of the line with a hook at 90 degrees with a length of the bent part of about 2 cm. Insert this hook into the hole in the trimmer head reel (spool).
Wrap the line evenly around the trimmer in the direction of the arrows. Do not wind it too tightly or too much, and do not cross wind it over each other, because the line for the trimmer gets hot during use and may sinter and stop extending out of the trimmer head. Cut the trimmer line from the reel. Push the end of the line through the hole to secure it. Wrap the other half of the reel in the same way.
Insert the wound reel into the trimmer head housing.
Insert the ends of the line into the holes in the trimmer head body.
Press lightly on the coil so that it sits in place. Make sure that the trimmer line inside the trimmer head is not tangled and extends.
Close the cover without tilting it so that you hear two clear clicks. Having assembled the trimmer head in this way. At the first high revolutions, the line for the trimmer will slide out of the trimmer head, pull into a string and cut to the desired length against the cut-off blade on the plastic trimmer protection for grass.
Before you buy a trimmer line for your trimmer, you need to look in the user manual to know the allowable line diameters for a given trimmer for grass. Also the choice of line diameter and shape is influenced by the type of vegetation to be cut with this line (the thicker the weeds, the thicker and rougher the trimmer line should be within the limits allowed by the Manual).
Gasoline or electric grass trimmer is a great helper when working on a garden plot. But, like other equipment, requires attention and a certain care. Unfortunately, the developers of the equipment do not give complete instructions on how to wind the line for the trimmer on the grass trimmer spool. In this connection, the owners of motor vehicles have a lot of questions. In this article we will look in detail at different examples and ways of winding the line on the spool.
How to wind the fishing line for the trimmer on the grass trimmer reel. preparation
Grass trimmer reel is located in the mowing head, which consists of a spring, spool and two covers.
- The first action is to disassemble and remove the grass trimmer head. To do this, press the latches to the stop, located on the sides of the body, and turn clockwise.
- Press the side latches to open the mowing head, if you can’t do it by hand, you can use a screwdriver. Remove the spool.
- To find the right line for your grass trimmer, look on the inside for the number. These numbers indicate the required line diameter in millimeters.
- If you do not find this information, the maximum diameter can be determined by taking the line for the trimmer and putting it through the hollow. The thread should pass freely back and forth.
- There are two ways to wind the line, let’s review each of them in detail.
Rules for changing
There are rules for replacing the cutting thread, following which the job will be done quickly and correctly:
- The coils should be wound in the direction indicated by the arrow on the spool.
- Each coil must fit snugly against the lower level and adjacent coil.
- There should be no slack or entanglement in the line. If this happens, there will be a knot that will block the filament feed. The motor will rotate the shaft idly, which will cause the motor to overheat or break down.
- Before tucking the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer, calculate the length of the segment. Add 15 cm at each end to this figure. These tips will fix the line for the trimmer and special grooves.
Fix the remaining ends of the cord on special grooves. An arrow at the top indicates the direction of rotation of the reel
Detailed description of how to wind up the line for trimmer in the grass trimmer reel on video
The process of winding the fishing line on the grass trimmer reel is not complicated, but requires care. Any amateur gardener can cope with the task.
How to wind the line for the trimmer on the grass trimmer reel. Gasoline grass trimmers for country houses and grass
Sarychev Alexander Viktorovich. Forensic Construction Expert, Candidate of Technical Sciences
Coiling the line
Unhurriedly completed disassembly of the bobbin spool without losing its parts allows you to proceed to the main task. winding the line into the spool. Technological features of the bobbin and the number of working eyes determine the sequence of operations.
Spool with one operating rod
The simplest option and uncomplicated sequence of operations:
- The size of the bobbin and the length of the original factory winding determine the recommended length of line for winding. 25 m.
- One end of the line is inserted into the fixing technological hole inside the bobbin.
- The line for the trimmer is wound on the reel in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the trimmer product. usually, on the inside of the reel an arrow indicates in which direction the winding is carried out.
- A small segment of line is left free for its withdrawal outside. it is fixed in a specialized groove on the inside of the bobbin, designed to hold the winding when assembling the bobbin in working condition.
- The leftover end of the line is fed through the hole on the outside of the spool.
- The bobbin halves are assembled and put on the trimmer bar.
A reel with two working tendrils
In this type of bobbin, you should determine the number of line winding grooves that lie on the inside of the bobbin:
For both cases, a 2-3 m trimmer line is taken. With single reels the line for the trimmer is pulled through the through hole, its ends (tendrils) are put together and aligned, and then reeled in the opposite direction of rotation of the reel on the boom. inside there is usually an arrow showing the correct reeling direction. If there are locking slots the ends of the line are pushed through or held with fingers of free hand into the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is closed and fastened to the shaft of the trimmer.
The difference of winding the line in a double-cable spool is that initially a 2-5 m length of line is folded in half (to determine the middle fold), and the loop of the fold is inserted in a special groove between the grooves. Both line tendrils are wound on their own groove, fixing the tendrils and reel assembly is similar to the one with one groove discussed above.
The first performance of this procedure may seem long and quite time-consuming, but with time and experience this task will be solved much faster and easier.
The video below will clearly show you how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer reel and wind it correctly. this operation is nothing complicated and with some patience is sure to succeed:
What can be used instead of a fishing line
Many trimmer users wonder what can replace the default cord used in this kind of machines? Begin unsafe experiments by installing metal or copper wire, metal ropes or strings, and ordinary fishing line for the trimmer into the mowing head.
If a metal wire is installed instead of a fishing line, the grass trimmer becomes a dangerous device not only for the user, but also for others. The reason is that during the operation of the machine, the steel wire will gradually unravel, its ends will unravel, and the small pieces of wire will fly in different directions at high speed.
A similar thing can happen when using steel or copper wire, the only difference is that the pieces that break off are larger, and they can cause serious injury.
And if you accidentally catch your or someone else’s foot when working with a unit with a steel cord (wire), you will get a strong and deep tissue incision, and in some cases amputation of toes. The manufacturer does not use nylon for nothing, because it is light and strong enough, and when it breaks away, it will not fly away and cause injury.
Use a fishing line for a trimmer in the trimmer instead of the standard one, of course, you can, but this will add extra hassle, as it wears out quickly, tears, mows slowly and for cutting tough grass will not suit. In addition, a lot of time is lost in carrying out the work to replace the broken tool more than once.
In practice, the installation of an ordinary fishing line is justified if the user is going to mow the grass near the fence, especially if it is made of Rabitz chain-link. In such a case, in order to save the standard and sometimes expensive cord from wear and tear, it is replaced by a fishing line for the trimmer, which is not sorry. Usually, to change the cord on the line for the trimmer, it is necessary to pick up the greatest thickness. 2-3 mm.
Tips and recommendations on how to wind the line for the trimmer and what you need to know
There are some useful tips and recommendations, which will be useful to know not only for beginners, but also for the experienced masters of trimmers. These tips will help prevent negative consequences in the form of injuries and malfunctioning of the mechanism. These recommendations state the following:
- The cover should be installed until it clicks into place. This is 2 or more clicks depending on the number of clips. If one catch does not click into place, the reel may jump out and injure a person when starting the tool
- Do not coil up the line for the trimmer with a strong pull on it, and also in an amount greater than it is possible to put it in place. It is better not to wind up the rig, than more of it, as this will lead to negative consequences in the form of inability to uncoil it if necessary
- If you own the tool not with two leads of fishing line, but with one (usually these are low-powered units), then the winding process is performed in a similar sequence as described above, only with the difference in the absence of the middle rim between the extreme bases of the spool
- After changing the material you need to check that the tool functions correctly before starting to cut the grass. If not checked beforehand, the scaffolding can unravel and injure a person
This is interesting!Choose material of appropriate quality, so as not to be injured when working with gasoline mowers, trimmers and brushcutters. While cutting the grass, small stones and other materials get under the rotating parts, which can fly long distances. Therefore, despite the fact that the line for trimmer is not a knife, work with the tool should be carried out in special protective outfit. The result of the work done is the following: after replacing the new material, the ordinary material is enough for an area of up to 600 square meters, but taking into account the presence of a reinforcing layer on the line. Normal nylon materials do not last as long, which is important to bear in mind when working. Do not try to mow thick stemmed grass with a fishing line, as special metal discs or blades are available for this purpose.