Potato diggers for power tillers “Neva”: types and tips for use
Almost everyone knows how hard it is to cultivate potatoes. It is not only very monotonous, but also quite difficult work. Therefore, you can buy a potato harvester, which will help to cope with this task in a matter of hours. Nowadays there is a wide range of such equipment. However, among the many, it is worth paying attention to the right technique for the power tiller “Neva”.
Potato digger for power tiller “Neva” is a fairly uncomplicated equipment, with which you can dig potatoes of any kind fairly quickly. Not so long ago, only large farms could mechanically cope with such a task.
Today such a process is available to anyone. That’s why buying a single-axle tractor, almost everyone tries to buy with it all the additional devices or just to construct everything with their own hands.
Potato digger for power tiller with their own hands: photo, video, schemes
All who have a potato field sooner or later come to the conclusion that digging potatoes with a shovel is not very noble and fun, and here you are looking where to buy potato digger as suddenly to defend the traditional values of manual digging grandparents come with arguments that digger not all potatoes dig out, is expensive, grandfathers dug and we ordered. And then you come to mind the idea, but do not make a homemade potato digger with their own hands, and it’s not necessary to spend money and relatives will be proud of you. But before we proceed to the construction of a self-made potato harvester for power tillers, let’s find out what they are like in general.
Types of potato diggers
- A screen or vibrating mechanism. This consists mainly of a ploughshare and a vibrating screen. The principle of this type of potato digger, which functions with the help of a power tiller, is simple. The soil is undermined together with the potatoes with the ploughshare. Then the immovable transporter screen leaves the tubers on its surface, and the soil is shaken off, like through a sieve. This model is efficient in operation, but complicate enough in manufacturing.
- Transporter unit for digging potatoes. It can work freely, for example, on the basis of a motor-block such as “Neva”. By design the transporter digger consists of a ploughshare and a moving transporter, which has a special hitch device to hold the tubers on the platform and clear the soil. Transporter design for digging potatoes has more practicality than the vibrating type of potato digger. But on soils with a light degree of density, it is not advisable to use this type of device.
- The lancet type. This is the simplest mechanism by device, which can easily be adapted to any model of mini tractor, such as the “Neva”. It contains no movable knots. As shown in the video, the soil with tubers is cut with a knife. Next, the cut ends up on the surface of special bars, where the soil is poured back, and the fruit is laid cleanly on top of the soil. This digger is effective on soils with a low density, where it is not practical to use other types of devices. Before you begin to design such a device, first of all, you need to determine exactly the density of the soil on which it will be used. It is worth remembering that where a conveyor design with a lancet type can ideally be used, it will be difficult to work.
[box type=”warning” align=”aligncenter” width=””]Before you start the creative design work on the potato digger, remember, it is adapted to work on soils with medium and low density criteria. In order to make machines that are adapted to work on heavy soils, it is necessary to have a deep knowledge of physics and mechanics.[/box]
Making a potato harvester for a screen-type power tiller
As a sample for the potato harvester production will serve KKM-1 as it is aggregated with power tillers of “Neva”, “Salut”, “Cascade”, “Favorite”, “MTZ” and power tillers of similar construction.
Potato digger attachment test. Indokisan power weeder. Contact-9732432272.
KKM-1 Diagram KKM-1 Potato harvester for “Neva” power tiller
|Material for making potato harvester for single-axle tractor|
|Metal profile||2,5 mm.|
|Sheet steel||3-5 mm.|
|Rebar not corrugated||10 mm.|
|Pneumatic or polyurethane wheels (2 pcs.)||330|
|Bolts, nuts, washers|
Before starting work, you need to prepare the following tools:
The order of making a home-made potato harvester of the screen type
- Stage. Making a frame. For this purpose, a metal profile with a 2.5 cm square side is sawn into four pieces. Two pieces should be. 1200 mm and two. 800 mm. Profile size. 4040 mm. Prepared parts are joined into a rectangle by welding
- Stage. Fixing the lintels. From the video you can see that they are needed to install the vertical control rods. Fix this element at about a quarter of the frame base length. At the other end are attached two elements to install the wheels. A similar element should be two pieces of tubing with a diameter of 30 mm and a length of 150 mm.
- Stage. Installation of the uprights of the vertical type. On the side where the bars are mounted, at a distance of 5 mm from the edge of the frame, two squares of 3030 mm in size and 500 mm in length are mounted vertically. Then at a distance of 200 mm long uprights of 40 mm are inserted. Then you need to step back another 400 mm and fix the posts of 300 mm in length. We connect the uprights to each other with a strip of 0.4 mm.
- Stage. Making the frame. Firstly, on a metal sheet 400400 mm thick, having a thickness of 0.3 mm, and at the bottom of the legs are prepared two holes for fixing. The workpiece is firmly attached to the uprights. The same workpiece is attached on the other side. Another square piece of sheet metal 700700700 mm and 0.4 mm thick is welded butt-welded to the first element, and then bent into the desired cone configuration using a sledgehammer.
[box type=”download” align=”aligncenter” width=””]Potato digger diagram[/box]
Making a fan type potato digger for power tillers
The advantage of the fan potato digger over others is its reliability and ease of making. This machine can be used for more than one year. It has no rotating parts, which become unusable under heavy loads. The digging of potatoes is quick and easy.
[box type=”info” align=”aligncenter” width=””]The main purpose of the potato digger is to separate potato tubers from the soil and lay them out on the ground. This machine is easy to operate and has an uncomplicated design. Therefore, to design it with your own hands is usually not particularly difficult. The most important thing is that this attachment fits any model of power tiller, whether it is the well-known “Neva” or another modification.[/box]
|Material for making a potato digger on a single axle tractor|
|Sheet steel||3-4 mm.|
|Reinforcement not corrugated||8-10 mm.|
Homemade structure should consist of several basic elements
Any homemade version has a basic set of elements that will be needed in the manufacture. List:
- A channel of metal, preferably of the stainless type, with a thickness of about 1 cm;
- Metal type angles of 3 and 4 cm in cross-section;
- Steel rebar with a diameter section of 1 cm;
- Sheet metal in 0.5 cm;
- Set of nuts and bolts.
Additionally, tools are always needed, including standard tools, such as a wrench for the size of bolts and nuts.
Also needed are a tape measure and an angle grinder. Often a welder of any type is used. This can be either a gas or portable electric welding machine. Not only a drill, but also a set of drills of the right size will be needed to create the fasteners and holes.
All materials must be prepared before beginning work. The list is made on the basis of the created project, that is, if the drawing is made according to an individual plan, the set of materials will also be specific.
The above standard set of materials will be needed for the standard construction of the device.
Important! Digging potatoes with a motorblock can be carried out only after the full assembly of the device and the fitting of all parts. You will also need to pre-start and test the process in the required conditions
Conveyor for better cleaning
Transporter is a moving part in the potato harvester, where the soil with tubers arrives. This mechanism allows you to separate the cuttings. The result is clean tubers with little or no soil buildup. The conveyor can be directed into the receiving hopper, which saves a lot of manual work in the field.
The mechanism is driven by the shaft of the agricultural machinery through a gearbox. Then the torque is transmitted through a chain or gearing. Before making such a device, it is better to study the factory schematics. Folk craftsmen have presented many designs, and each seeks to offer something original, which improves the mechanism.
Steps for making a transporter digger:
Making the frame. A steel profile with a rectangular cross section is used.
The main task is to assemble the transporter with high accuracy. The unit has moving parts and will work in extreme dusty conditions. Harvesting speed depends on the reliability of the machine.
Homemade digger for a mini-tractor with the installation of a receiving hopper will allow to mechanize the entire process of harvesting. The main thing is that you do not need to spend a lot of money to create such a device. The necessary material can be found at home or in a landfill. As a last resort, old machinery can be used.
How to choose?
Assessment of efficiency is made according to the following criteria:
- By the power block and mototractor. In some cases the choice is obvious because of the power of the power tiller. If the single-axle tractor has an air-cooled engine, with a rear PTO, only a vibrating potato digger with a screen is suitable for it. Only the “shake” variants are suitable for the Neva power tiller. Conveyor models are not available for them. But it is easier to choose a potato digger for mototractors on their base. Both transport and rumble variants are suitable for them. If a mass-produced mototractor, you should give preference to transporter models;
- Depending on the soil. Rumble potato digger has proven itself in the work with the soil of light and medium severity. But if the summer was dry or the soil was overgrown, the screen models do not cope with the. If the choice is between a screen and a transporter, the second should be preferred;
Note! The difficulty is that it is not always possible to accurately assess the type and condition of soil. In this case, it does not hurt to collect information from other farmers about what kind of equipment they use.
- Quality and productivity. Here the transporter models are advantageous. They know how to get the crop out of the soil quickly, efficiently, and gently. The screen models are inferior in this respect;
- Price. Conveyor models are the best choice, but they cost a lot more. But if you need to stay within a limited budget, you can also buy a vibratory model. But let it be with two eccentrics.
How to choose a potato digger for a power tiller
You can choose any of the potato diggers, presented in the online store Hectar, all models have only positive feedback from our customers.
If you have a small vegetable garden, but happen to have a heavy single-axle tractor. On your site it will be difficult to turn with a mechanical potato harvester, it may make sense to buy a foot.
If the amount of work is large. It is worth thinking about a mechanical. Screen or conveyor.
Also you should not buy cheap diggers of unknown manufacturer. Mechanisms that are subject to loads, require clear compliance with all requirements, proper design, evenness of lines, matching the thickness of metal and its qualities.
To place an order just go to the cart through the button “Buy”, enter your phone number, our managers will contact you. You can call or order a call.
Rating of the best models and their features
Depending on the performance and cost, the best models of potato diggers, attached to power tillers, are.
The unit is ideal for use in vegetable gardens, as it is designed to work on small areas. Has a relatively low weight (34 kg) with a width of 36 cm and a working depth of about 20 cm. At an average 2 km per hour, the unit achieves an output of 0.2 hectares per hour.
The spudger is designed specifically for the single-axle tractor of the same make. However, with straps and additional attachments, it can also be used with other power tillers.
|Extra wheels||Does not reach deep planting potatoes|
|Relatively low cost of 8-9 ths.||Not suitable for hard soils|
|Affordable maintenance (no problems with buying spare parts)|
|Can be used if there are weeds in the field, which does not affect the quality of harvest|
Potato digger of the screen type, which is equipped with powerful wheels, which significantly reduces the load on a single-axle tractor. Cultivation depth of about 20 cm. Working width of 37 cm and a weight of 40 kg.
Users say this model is one of the easiest to operate, but reliable in terms of performance. The thickness of the metal in some places makes this model almost eternal. The unit is equipped with a mass of additional planters, which can also be used in seeding.
|Onions, beets and carrots can be harvested without damaging the tubers||Can only be used on light and medium-sized soils|
|Relatively low cost )|
|Easy to use|
|Fits under most power tillers, has a handy detachable mounting system|
Designed for mounting on medium-sized power tillers that have a keyed PTO. Conveyor-type device has a mass of about 50 kg with a working width of 45 cm. Manual depth adjustment (max. 30 cm).
|Made of high-strength metal||Rather high price. About 28 000|
|Has a long service life||It is not used for hard and wet soils|
|Root crops are not damaged during harvesting|
|There is a possibility of manual control|
The vibratory potato harvester is designed for hard, loamy soils. Has an additional knife, which undercuts the soil layer in which the potatoes are. At a relatively low price, this model is beloved by gardeners for the speed and quality of work done.
|Sometimes root crops are spoiled when they get caught in the knives|
|High performance and suitability for all soils|
|Easy to use|
“Soyuzmash KKBS reinforced”
The most primitive, but no less popular variant of potato diggers. The machine is a small plow, from which beams radiate. The plough plunges into the soil by 20 cm, loosens it and brings the potatoes to the surface, where they are held in the bars, cleaned from the soil and put on the surface.
|Reasonable price. About 1000 p||There is no attachment in the kit|
|Sturdy, but more suitable for black soil||Only cleans 1 lane at a time|
Let’s look at three options for operating a potato harvester with two of the most popular power tillers in Russia.
Power tillers of average weight (weight about 110. 160 kg). Diesel and petrol ones are paired with a usual potato harvester. Here we can note the advantage of diesel models of motor blocks over gasoline models. The spudger requires the power tiller to travel at a slower than average speed, while still retaining tractive power. When the revolutions of the gasoline engine are reduced, it is not able to hold torque, so under load it is likely to stall. If you keep the revs at maximum, the single-axle tractor will “run” very fast. Which is also inconvenient for work. You’ll just be picking up dust and trying to keep the single axle tractor in a rut. Motoblocs with a gasoline engine, if they do not have an extra reduced speed, are not designed for plowing and digging root crops at all. That’s why the diesel engine is preferable for all agricultural work. Paired with a standard, simple fan-type potato harvester, a diesel single-axle tractor can easily harvest up to 80-85% of the potato crop, or rather lift it to the surface, in half the cases together with soil clods (depending on the moisture level and soil type itself). Potato diggers of this type are mounted on rigid couplers, which are then attached to a power harvester. Pay attention to the fact that the unit must be clearly fixed on the hitch, without any possible backlash. If you want to just insert the potato digger instead of the stopper of your power harvester. It threatens to dig out one meter of the potato row, after which the whole structure may burst. Conclusion: For such a set, you would be better suited to a diesel single-axle tractor with a disk clutch and a center of gravity located in front of the power tiller itself.
Mid-range mobilizers that can be fitted with a vibrating spudger. The shredder is driven by rear keyed PTO shaft. The only working models of this unit are produced at the factory in Poltava, Ukraine (PE Kryuchkov), as well as at the Chinese factory Weima Agricultural. With this type of power tiller with a vibrating potato extractor, you can easily harvest root crops (up to 95% of the total amount). Be careful: some underground producers of attachments in Ukraine and Russia try to produce vibratory potato harvesters for power tillers, but these units in most cases do not work longer than 10 minutes.
Heavy-weight (from 200 kg) motor blocks can be combined with usual “fan-type” potato harvesters and with vibration-type units. With the excellent layout of a powerful diesel engine and extended gearbox with reduced speeds, you can safely harvest up to 85% of the potatoes with a conventional towed potato harvester on a reinforced hitch, and up to 98% of the potatoes with a vibratory (rumble) potato harvester. With the vibratory model you can harvest potatoes in half the time of a conventional digger.
We remind you that we have in stock a vibrating potato tiller not only for all models of SCOUT power tillers, but also for all constructional analogues of Chinese production, and also for power tillers Neva.
We’ve developed a loyalty program that will give you additional discounts and bonuses on all items in the Gardenshop.
Gardenshop store wishes you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Garden Shop will not be open on Saturday, July 17.
The set of pulleys for the potato puller for the whole range of Garden Scout already in stock. Welcome to our store!
The potato digger pulley kit for the whole Garden Scout range is in stock now. Welcome to our store!
You check the appearance and performance
Free assembly and pre-sale preparation
The driver delivers it to the address without prepayment
We will post it after checking it in 24 hours.
We will publish it after verification within 24 hours.
Rating of the best potato harvesters for power tillers in 2022
Designed for use in moderate climates. Short Description:
- Width. 320 mm;
- Length. 420 mm;
- One hole in the rack;
- Digging width is 32 cm;
- Digging depth. 20 cm;
- Weighs 5.15 kg.
Moto-block version designed for digging up root crops. Used on light and medium soils. No hitch included. Parameters: 550 x 445 mm. Can be purchased at any point of sale.
Russian manufacturer offers a good quality product, which will be an indispensable helper, converting potato digging from manual to mechanized method. Used with Patriot power tillers. Sifts the soil and throws the tubers to the surface of the soil. Effective device that allows you to keep the root crop in a marketable condition. Used in light and medium soils.
- Low weight (5 kg);
- It is convenient in operation;
- Sold in any specialized store;
- Long lifespan.
Product is manufactured by a Russian company. Weight 5.25 kg, dimensions 550 x 445 mm. Purpose. Sifts the soil and throws potato tubers to the surface. Used in light to medium soils.
This attachment belongs to the category of diggers. Dimensions: 500 x 250 x 400 mm, weighs only 5.05 kg, 12 mm thick stand. Produced in Russia. Working depth of 25 to 30 cm. Main application. Digging out root crops. No question where to buy. The units are waiting for their potential owners in all specialized stores.
Power tiller operated potato harvester
Categorizes as attachments for power tillers. Company-manufacturer of Russian origin. Main purpose: mechanical removal of root crops followed by manual harvesting. Can be used for harvesting onions, beets, carrots, etc. Effective in harvesting potatoes planted in rows every 60 to 70 centimeters. To increase productivity is in front of the boom to hang a weight of at least 50 kg. Main conditions of use:
- Soils are medium to light;
- Humidity index. Up to 27%;
- Solid material blockage of 8 to 9 tonnes/ha;
- Ground hardness. Not more than 20 kg/sq.See.
Working elements: Active ploughshare (knife) and screen (sieve). Adjustable digging depth via support wheels. It is desirable to use with such power tillers as Hopper, Weima, Patriot, Carver, Forza, with PTO shaft with diameter of 18 mm.
Delivery is made all over Russia, to both major cities and small towns. You can use the services of the online store, and the payment of 14890 is made after the receipt and inspection of the machine.
- The technique is reliable and easy to use;
- Breakdowns are very rare;
- The manufacturer provides a one-year warranty;
- Good quality-price ratio
- Simple design;
- Makes it possible to handle large crops quickly and efficiently.
Russian-made products are valued for high quality, reliability and durability. Hinged to power tillers Kaskad, Celina, Neva, Forza, Salyut and other similar models. Allows you to mechanically harvest potatoes by removing them from the soil. Afterwards it needs human hands to put it into bags. Can be used for beets and onions. It is attached to the front of the power tiller with a special attachment. Belt alignment is compulsory.
- One-year warranty;
- Quick and easy to attach to your power tiller;
- Uncomplicated design;
- Comfortable to use;
- Helps you harvest quickly;
- It is possible to order through the online store with payment by cash on delivery;
- Saves the appearance of the product.
Canopies for minitractors are made by a Russian company. They belong to the class of vibrating. Complete set: sifting grid and knife (working plowshare). It is possible to adjust the vibration frequency and depth of the dig. Positive feature: noteworthy final result. Clean potatoes on top of the bed. To mount the unit on a mini tractor, you need a drive shaft, which is not included in the kit and is purchased separately, thereby increasing the cost of the unit.
- It replaces the manual work;
- Easy to use;
- Easy to install;
- Will master both light and medium soil;
- A high quality of work;
- Does not spoil the appearance of marketable tubers;
- Can be operated for a long time;
- Is reliable;
- Delivery is possible to any region of Russia, Kazakhstan, Belarus;
- Cash on delivery.
Products of Russian production, high quality and reliability. Failures are practically absent, if used properly. The warranty period is 1 year. It is used for mechanized digging of potato tubers. Compatible with power tillers Kaskad, Neva, Forza, Salyut and Celina, as well as similar models.
You can buy the item for 11000 per unit.
- High quality;
- Long service life;
- Easy to use;
- Practically does not break down;
- Helps speed up harvesting;
- High efficiency;
- The possibility of ordering through the online store;
- Deferred payment;
- Excellent price-quality ratio.