Best Answer: How to Clean a Lawnmower’s Fuel Filter?
If the chainsaw starts without an air filter, it is contraindicated to operate the tool without a filter element, because, in the cylinder will get dirt, and thus, reduce the operating life. The real reason why the gasoline grass trimmer does not start is the clogging of the fuel filter.
- Unscrew the screw on the protective cover or release the latches.
- Taking out the filter and inspecting
- Pour gasoline from the canister on the dirty filter and flush our client remains oil
- Clean the installation site with a cloth soaked in gasoline.
Why the gas grass trimmer does not start
The reasons why the gas grass trimmer stopped starting can be different, so a step-by-step diagnosis of the device is necessary.
Fuel tank (fuel quality)
Keep this in mind, before starting your unit check the presence and quality of fuel. In this case, do not be greedy and economical, and “be reasonable” regarding the amount of oil added. Everything must be done according to the instructions that came with the device, because when the piston group fails, it will cost about 70% of the total cost of the grass trimmer. Fill the fuel with the expectation that you will use it completely at work. The gasoline that remains in the tank after some time loses its properties and can cause damage to the engine. Therefore, do not prepare the mixture for later use and in large quantities. If the brush does not work, try draining the old fuel from the tank and filling it with a freshly made mixture.
Important! Filling a unit of unknown origin is fraught with negative consequences. Gasoline should be of high quality, purchased at a gas station, and its brand should not be lower than AI-95.
Candle and spark plug passage
So, you’ve changed the fuel, but nothing has changed, and the grass trimmer still won’t start. In this case, it is worth checking the spark plug channel: it ejects the fuel mixture. Often users put the air damper in the “OFF” position when starting the engine and do not put it in the “ON” position, after which it freezes. In addition, attempting to restart the engine causes the spark plug to fill with gasoline, and starting becomes impossible. To diagnose and fix a possible problem with this site, follow these steps:
- It is necessary to unscrew the spark plug, wipe and dry it well. When installing the spark plug in the engine cylinder, it must be dry.
- Drain the accumulated fuel from the combustion chamber. This is done through the hole where you unscrew the spark plug.
- If the carbon electrode is present on the electrodes, it should be removed with a fine file or nail file.
- Be sure to check the gap between its electrodes before replacing the part. The gap on the spark plug should be 1 mm. You can use a coin to check the break.
- Then reassemble the unit, read the start up instructions and try to start the motor again.
If the engine does not start, you need to check the spark. To do this:
- Unscrew the spark plug;
- put the high voltage wire cap on it;
- touch the metal part of the cylinder body (you can insert a pipe wrench to ensure contact) as shown in the figure below;
- Pull the starter cord for a few revolutions of the engine.
Generally, the spark will slip between the electrode electrodes with each stroke of the piston. If there is a spark, the reason why the engine does not start should be looked for in other parts of the device.
For a better understanding of the spark plug testing process you can use this video, where the test is shown on a gasoline scales Union.
If there are no sparks, check the cable first, maybe the cause is the plug in the coil. You can call with a tester. If the circuit breaks, the high voltage wire will be replaced.
This could also be the reason that the spark is gone Faulty ignition coil (magnet). The illustration below shows what the coil (magnet) looks like from a Patriot gasoline grass trimmer (Patriot).
To fix the problem, you’ll need to use a tester to check the magnetic grass trimmer, specifically its primary and secondary windings. The primary winding should have a resistance of between 0.4 ohms and 2.0 ohms. If the device shows 0, it means that a short circuit has occurred in the winding, and if infinity is a clear sign of an open circuit. The resistance of the secondary winding should be 6 to 8 kohms.
On some coils it can be as high as 15 ohms.
If your brush does not start well or dies immediately after starting, you should pay attention to the air filter, as it can get clogged, causing air to not get into the combustion chamber and ignite the fuel. To make sure the filter is in the housing, remove it and try starting the engine. If he did it, the reason was found. The filter should be replaced or thoroughly rinsed and dried before installation. If you find oil in the air filter, it should be flushed with gasoline, squeezed well, and dried for at least 2 hours before replacing it.
The purchase of a brushcutter is determined by what you intend to use it for. If you need to mow the lawn and remove weeds in a small area near the yard or in the garden, a Chinese lawn mower will do the job. They will not overheat in a short period of time and will provide comfortable operation.
If you’re looking for a professional model that will run for 8 hours or more, you can’t buy a brushcutter made in China
Look for professional machines with better performance and production capacity. Buying a brushcutter is a decision that should be taken responsibly. durability is largely dependent on the quality of the machine
To keep the unit in service for as long as possible, follow the rules for using the unit
Always buy your brushcutter responsibly, because its working life is largely based on the quality of the machine. For the unit to serve you as long as possible, follow the rules for using the device.
How to Clean a Diesel Fuel Filter?
To clean the diesel filter, you need to know where it is located. On vehicles with a diesel engine, it is most often located at the highest point of the diesel system in order to trap air bubbles that interfere with the correct flow of fuel. In modern car brands, the device may be located under the car bottom or in the engine compartment.
You do not need to use a pit or hoist to clean the diesel filter.
You can clean the fuel filter of the diesel, following the step-by-step instructions:
- First unscrew the screws that fasten the filter cover.
- Remove the cover.
- Disconnect the plug.
- There is a valve on top of the filter housing. It needs to be slightly unscrewed to equalize the pressure inside the unit.
- It is necessary to put any container for collecting fuel under the drain nipple and only then unscrew it.
- It is necessary to wait till diesel fuel flows out of the hose into the container.
- Unscrew the retaining ring from the housing.
- Pull out the filter together with the cover.
- Wipe the interior with a dry, lint-free cloth.
- The plug (O-ring) and the filter should be washed in acetone or non-combustible solvent and then the air blown out of a tire pump.
- Remove water from the cartridge with a pump.
- The sealing ring is put on the filter and the device is put back in its place.
- Fuel is poured through the top hole (until the level of fuel reaches the top).
- The plug is screwed in.
- All elements are reassembled, the plug is connected.
- The vehicle will start up to 2000 rpm. Keep the motor in this state for about one minute to avoid the formation of air s.
- After completing the work it is necessary to check the tightness of the hoses to the fuel filter for fuel leakage.
If after cleaning the device problems with the engine have not disappeared, it indicates the need to replace it or other problems with the vehicle. Self-cleaning requires certain professional skills, and if you do not have them, it is better to go to the nearest car service.
Ignore problems with the fuel filter, because driving a vehicle with a clogged mechanism can lead to the following consequences:
- The car engine will malfunction or fail altogether.
- The consumption of diesel fuel will increase.
- Gas pedals, lambda probes and spark plugs will begin to wear quickly.
- The fuel system and injectors are liable to break down.
How to clean the brushcutter air filter ?
How to wash or clean the air filter on the gasoline trimmer, chain saw, test subject: Izhmash Industrial Line GT 4350.
The gas used in the brushcutter is AI 92. You should always refer to your owner’s manual for the exact gasoline you need. You should not try to “force” the engine, pouring into it the 95th gasoline. It may cause overheating, erratic operation and malfunction.
It is not recommended to leave fuel in the grass trimmer’s tank if you do not use it for an extended period of time. It is best to finish the day’s work with a full mixture. If this is not done, since gasoline will evaporate from the engine overnight, but a thin film of oil will remain, the carburetor jets may be clogged. It will cause difficulties the next time you start the engine.
It is also necessary to follow the safety precautions when storing fuel. Many people pour gasoline into a plastic water bottle. Why do it?
Chainsaw repair with your own hands. analysis of breakdowns and ways to fix them
A chainsaw is a worthy substitute for hand saws and axes. Today this tool is available in almost every household. it is indispensable in the arrangement of the homestead, construction and repair work. Intensive use and improper care can lead to premature tool failure. However, the owner of a chainsaw does not need to go straight to the workshop. many of the malfunctions that can happen to her during operation, it is quite realistic to fix yourself.
- 2 Starting the engine: check the spark plugs
- 3 Do-it-yourself chainsaws repair: the fuel system
- 4 Fixing a muffler problem
- 5 Repair of the cylinder-piston group (CPG)
- 6 Checking the carburetor and signs of carburetor adjustment
- 7 Calibration algorithm and safety technique when troubleshooting the carburetor of a chainsaw
- 8 Other chain saw malfunctions
- 9 Chainsaw repair with your own hands, video
Necessary skills and tools for repair
Most chain saw faults can be repaired with your own hands. True, this requires an understanding of the chainsaw’s structure and how the components function together. As for tools, most often needed:
Chainsaw saw cuts sideways
You might notice an uneven cut when sawing. Why a chainsaw slices sideways? There are several reasons:
- Incorrect chain sharpening. The teeth are sharpened at the wrong angle or only to one side. Correct sharpening is necessary.
- Wrong chain. At very high cutting speeds even 0.2-0.3 mm between the width of the groove or the width of the blade is noticeable. that’s why the chain saw cuts sideways. The correct chain must be fitted.
- Uneven bar wear. Over time, the tire wears out one side, and then the chain is pulled to the side. Check the condition of the tire and the inner surface of the guide bar. If the wear is too great, replace the tire.
In most cases, the following problems occur in the operation of the engine
- engine stops starting;
- The engine starts, but stalls after a while;
- The engine is not able to develop the necessary power;
- The engine runs very erratically.
How to Check the Crankshaft Seals
The presence of leaking oil seals can only be checked by getting to the crankshaft itself, and carefully examining it for leaks. To learn how to do this correctly, see
How to Check the Compression on a Chainsaw
If the compression level is below 8 atm, the engine will not have enough power, and thus the chainsaw will not be able to function properly.
- Remove the protective cap and unscrew the spark plug.
- Insert the tip of the compressometer into the hole where the spark plug should be.
- Use the starter cord to rotate the piston and note the maximum reading of the measuring instrument.
How to put the piston on the chainsaw correctly
Work on the replacement of the piston for most models of modern chainsaws is carried out according to the following algorithm:
- Top and side covers removed.
- The spark plug is unscrewed.
- Stoppers are removed from the shock absorbers and the handle is detached from the body.
- The drive sprocket and starter are removed.
- install the piston stopper in the spark plug hole and undo the nut securing the flywheel and clutch.
- Remove the flywheel, clutch and oil pump worm gear, located just behind the clutch.
- The screws that fasten the carburetor and air filter are loosened, and then these assemblies are removed along with the motor control lever.
- The ignition coil is removed, as well as the muffler.
- The saw is turned over the bottom up and, having unscrewed the screws fastening to the body, disconnect the motor.
- Unscrew the brake sump and remove the piston.
- Since the piston can only be removed together with the crankshaft, you must remove the circlips to disconnect the piston.
- The old piston is replaced with a new one, but very carefully. The reason is that the compression rings are very brittle.
- The crankcase is put back in its place and a sealant is used instead of the gasket.
All of the following steps are performed in reverse order of disassembly.
Chain brake adjustment
The chain brake often does not work because the brake band and the space under the cover are blocked with grease or sawdust. All parts should be cleaned of blockages. It is possible that the belt is simply worn out, then it must be replaced.
The function of the chain brake is restored by mechanical cleaning
Some chain saw parts wear out faster than others. These include drive sprocket, bar, chain, anti-vibration elements. For quick replacement parts is better to have at hand. You should not neglect to sharpen the chain either.
Fuel system malfunctions are also often the main reason why a chainsaw can’t operate at its full potential. The first thing to do is check the quality of the fuel mixture.
Some owners prefer to use not the recommended brand of gasoline, but alcohol-based solutions or add more oil than required.
Gasoline leaks from a chainsaw
If gasoline drips periodically appear on the body of the chainsaw, it is necessary to check the tightness of the fuel tank. Over time, it can become dry. Or the gasket can get “cold” and no longer perform its direct function.
If full-fledged petrol streams appeared, then there is a high probability that it is necessary to replace the burst hose connecting the carburetor and the fuel tank.
How to properly clean an air filter?
After dissolving dish detergent or washing powder in the water, you should put the air filter in it for 30-40 minutes. After such a procedure, it should be well washed. No matter which detergent is chosen, it is advisable to let the washed paper dry naturally.
The filter should under no circumstances be blown out with compressed air (Fig. 1 и 2). Otherwise microscopically small dirt particles will be pressed even deeper into the structure of the filter paper and its throughput will be reduced.
The basic consumables for any garden grass trimmer are, of course, its cutting equipment, that is, trimmer lines, blades and saw blades. There are also a number of other consumables that are unique to gasoline-powered trimmers, because of their design.
Knowing your gear types and their possible applications can help you when choosing accessories for your grass trimmer.
Some consumables may be included in the delivery, others you will need to buy yourself. Let’s say if you’re planning to wrestle with small brush on your property. First, buy a grass trimmer capable of working with metal blades. Secondly, the blades themselves must be taken with the machine if they are not included in the basic set.