How to cut the corners of ceiling plinth: tips and detailed plan
To choose the right saw, you should pay attention to well-known, reputable brands. So, the model “Fit 41255” is made of hard plastic. It can cut wood, plastic and metal workpieces
The width of the piece to be sawed is 120mm. Workpieces can be sawed at 45, 90, 22.5 and 135 degree angles. Equipped with a shoe saw
It can saw blanks made of wood, plastic and metal. The width of the part to be sawn is 120 mm. Workpieces can be sawed at 45,90,22.5 and 135 degree angles. Equipped with a shoe saw.
- “Stanley1-20-112” is famous among craftsmen for its precision and quality of cut. Make cuts at 22.5, 45 and 90 degrees in the vertical plane and 45 degrees in the horizontal plane. Hardware clamps securely hold workpieces. The chair is made of impact-resistant plastic.
- “Zubr15375-75” also appreciated by craftsmen, allows you to make precise cuts. Made of durable ABS plastic, so it is strong and reliable for a long time.
- Chisel “Stayer 15402” is a professional carpentry tool, which differs from others by the fact that the workpiece can be sawn from 0 to 180 degrees, graduation step. 15 degrees. A mounting screw holds the piece firmly in place.
- “Fit Pro 41321”.A swivel saw blade that comes with the steel saw. Securely clamp the part with a clamp. Made of steel, aluminum or plastic. Working length 60cm.
- “Shampion180” is half a meter long. This pivoting jigsaw latches products at 45 and 90 degrees, but at the same time can handle polygonal parts (four, five, six, eight and 12-angle) The jigsaw is equipped with an archer saw pitch 1.4 mm. The maximum width of the workpiece is 20 cm. Working depth. 20 cm.
- Professional saw blade “Zubr-saw” works in horizontal and vertical planes. The swiveling attachment allows for sawing non-ferrous metals, alloys and steels. The scale controls the saw’s rotation to the required angle. The sturdiness and strength of the saw of the rotating saw helps to cut the baseboard corner with filigree precision.
- The “Stayer” saw blade allows to work without additional measuring tools, because its base is marked. Metal base plate is strong, the maximum width of the workpiece, fit on it-160mm. 600 mm cutting depth.Saw tension adjustment, different saw blade tilt and turn facilitates precise sawing of workpieces.
- The “Kupper” saw blade is very functional. Not only does it swivel by a defined angle, but also the slide moves along the body of the saw on a guide rail. This ability of the carriage contributes to fixing it in the right place of the workpiece. Part to be sawn. remains stationary, secured by removable clamps. When processing the material in the vertical plane there is a hinge with a scale. Workpiece can be machined in the vertical and horizontal planes at the same time. Achieve the right depth of cut with this jigsaw, which is useful for cleveling workpieces. Diameter of the workpiece can be up to 150 mm.
List of necessary materials and tools for work
It is not so difficult to make a jig with your own hands, if you follow the recommendations of experts. To begin with, make sure that the materials prepared for work are sanded
To make the crossbeam, it is important to choose wood, which must be dried, without dents, have a smooth surface without any defects. Do not choose plastic as a base material, because it is not strong, and therefore can easily be damaged during the work. Boards, made for the tool should have a thickness of about 2 centimeters
Boards made for the tool should have a thickness of about 2 centimeters.
Before starting work, it is worth preparing such devices:
- ruler and pencil;
- Chalk sandpaper;
- hacksaw for metal;
- a drill with a different set of drill bits;
- Euro screws (confirming screws);
- Hacksaw with small teeth, designed for sawing the baseboard.
All, the above tools should be enough to carry out the work. Among the additional devices may be useful hexagonal wrench, with which it will be easier to screw the screws. Also before starting work, it is worth preparing individual elements for homemade tools
Before proceeding to the description of the instruction: how to make a jig with their own hands, let’s pay attention to a detailed inspection of the manufacture of parts to the device
The first way. with the help of a pencil saw
Professional saw with a pivoting hacksaw For a long time carpenters have invented such a special box with slots. the saw. It is easy to recognize it, among the variety of repair tools, by its distinctive appearance. This is the most convenient and indispensable device in solving the question, how to cut the corners of the ceiling plinth.
The hacksaw is usually in the form of a tray with vertical holes for the hacksaw. It can be made of wood, metal or plastic. This tool is the oldest and simplest carpenter’s tool for cutting wooden parts at angles of 90 and 45 degrees. There are types of such a device and for professional work, with a swiveling mechanism, in which the cutting tool can be rotated and fixed in any position. How to properly cut a ceiling plinth Ceiling corners can be divided into internal and external, the way of docking on them is slightly different.
If necessary, you can make a jig with your own hands. To do this, you can use 3 scraps of plywood or boards of equal size. First, you need to put them in the shape of an inverted “U”, and make a marking of the corners. Then according to the markings, cuts are made for the hacksaw almost to the bottom, and the boards are twisted.
- Make the correct measurements.
- After that, install the baseboard plank in the jig so that this position is exactly the same as the placement on the ceiling.
- The baseboard must be pressed tightly against the opposite wall of the joiner. Hold and press with the left hand.
- We put the hacksaw at an angle of 45 degrees in the special hole and cut the piece.
When cutting soft materials (PVC, Styrofoam) use a metal hacksaw or a regular construction knife. Then your work will be neat and with straight edges. To cut it accurately, you need to start cutting it from the front.
- Measure the length of the baseboard from the nearest wall to the outside corner, leave the trimmer fishing line on the underside with a pencil, marking the desired length. Take into account that the edge (its upper part) should protrude a little.
- Move the skirting board into the jig and cut it.
- The adjacent strip should also be measured with a margin, and cut mirrored to the first piece.
Let’s try on the ceiling plinth. the joining of parts should be perfectly even. If the result is not achieved, and at the joints there are bulges. you can trim the edges with an ordinary knife to the perfect joint. Check the even docking On the video in this article, all the nuances are well described:
Method two. without additional tools
The easiest way to make a perfect join. by marking on the ceiling. is to use the inside corner. Another example of how to cut a corner nice and flat.
The result will be an even angle of 45 degrees, if you draw a trimmer line from the point of intersection to the edge of the part. This method of how to cut the baseboard is available to everyone, without having special tools.
Chisel. a tool for cutting baseboard corners
There are two ways to cut corners. with the help of a tool (a plasterboard) and without it. We will consider both methods.
Chisel. a carpenter’s tool, which is a small rectangular tray (you can make it yourself from wood or buy ready-made of plastic or metal), in the walls of which there are grooves. Slots guide the blade of the hacksaw at a specific angle to the axis of the tray.
Important: the angle of cutting the edge of the plinth. always oblique and equals 45 °, when processing elements designed for installation at the joint in the corners of the ceiling. The oblique cut provides a tighter fit of the fillets.
Block: 3/8 | Number of characters: 657
Material and name
The first material from which they began to make skirting boards for ceiling design, was plaster. They had to be cast in special forms, after which they were attached to the ceiling with plaster mortar. Similar elements of decoration were called skirting boards and nowadays they are practically not used, and you can see them in old houses, which are almost not preserved during this time. These are expensive elements of interior decoration, so they are not used today, and their name is almost unknown to anyone. To date, there are cheaper and more practical skirting boards for finishing ceilings.
Part of the assortment in the specialized store
Nowadays, ceiling skirting boards are made of materials such as polystyrene or polyurethane. These are inexpensive decorative elements, which have a number of advantages associated with ease of installation, with practicality and attractiveness, as well as “weightlessness” compared to the elements of decoration from gypsum, which have an impressive weight. Such plinths of polyurethane or polystyrene are made of various widths (from 5 to 250 mm), and also have a wide range of shapes and drawings, so there is an opportunity to pick up such decor elements for any design style. The only exception are constructions made of wood, decorated in the appropriate style, where elements made of wood are taken as a basis and here it can’t be helped, because the style always dictates its own terms.
There are still skirting boards made of plastic, which are not afraid of moisture, so they are used for finishing rooms in which there is high humidity. For the sake of justice it should be noted that decorative elements made of polystyrene are also not afraid of moisture.
Fit ceiling skirting boards in the corners with some methods, while such options are not suitable for trimming skirting boards made of plastic.
Tools to be used
Firstly about how to cut plastic or wood ceiling skirting boards, how to do it correctly and quickly. In this case, you will need 2 tools for the job. a wire cutter and a cutting tool.
What to cut skirting boards with?
As for the latter, the choice depends on the baseboard material:
- Foam products (all polystyrene) assume the use of a sharp office knife;
- Skirting boards made of polyurethane are usually cut with a metal hacksaw;
- Wood needs a jigsaw or saw to be “active.
The second potential tool for polyurethane is the same office knife. The reason is the rather low density of the material. Another alternative is a sharpened kitchen knife. A special requirement for it is not too thick a blade.
A possible replacement for a wood jigsaw is a metal hacksaw. The blade with the smallest teeth is optimal. Otherwise the tool will get stuck in the material, and in such conditions it is extremely difficult to make a flawless cut.
The chair and its self-made
The chisel is the second indispensable tool for working with baseboards.
What it is?
Not everyone may know what it is. This is a device that allows you to cut any workpiece at different angles (45-90°). This is a gutter, consisting of the bottom and two sides, in which slots are made for tools. On the bottom of it lay the material, and in the slots are inserted a hacksaw (knife, etc.). д.). After sawing the baguettes with it, you get almost perfect blanks.
The chisel is a necessity for trimming any skirting boards, as a 45° angle is required to join the elements. Otherwise, the connection of parts will not work: or between the adjacent skirting boards will be a gap, or they simply will need to be trimmed again, since the junction of adjacent products will be impossible.
Yes, the remaining hole can be masked with a compound. However, this option is still not the best. The filler may soon change color a little, and this discrepancy will be very noticeable. But even here there is an exception.
How to Make a Jigsaw?
To make it yourself you will need to find a board length of about a meter or more, or a sheet of plywood (chipboard). preparation is needed:
- From the selected material, cut 3 parts with a width of 200 to 250 mm, their length. 300 mm (400, 500 mm). Using self-tapping screws, they are connected in the shape of the letter “U”.
- Using a protractor, make marks on the tops of the sides, corresponding to an angle of 45° (if necessary, and 90°).
- Then take a hacksaw and cut holes so that the slots reach the bottom of the tool.
Ready-made holes rastachilnym so that they could freely enter a jigsaw or hacksaw.
The second method. without additional tools
For the inner corner, you can use the easiest way to perfect the joint. by marking on the ceiling. Another example of how to cut a nice, even corner.
The result is an even 45° angle if you run a trimmer line from the point of intersection to the edge of the part. Note that the above method of marking works only if the corners are perfectly even.
Make a crosscut yourself
If you have the skills to work with drawings, you can try with your own hands to make a handy tool from paper. To do this, you need to prepare cardboard, wattman or other paper, a protractor, a pencil.
The template is made in the following sequence:
- First draw two parallel lines and determine where they are centered.
- Then use a protractor, setting aside all the necessary angles on the paper with its help.
- Also, before you cut the corner of the ceiling plinth, you should check the distance between the walls with a special corner and measure them with a protractor.
- The tacks are cut only after all the manipulations are finished. Do not forget that the right side of the part is cut from the left side, and the left side, respectively, from the right side. As for the jig, in it the details are placed backwards. The right side to the left and the left side to the right.
Block: 10/11 | Number of symbols: 905
Number of blocks: 22 | Total number of characters: 25288Number of donors used: 6Information on each donor: