With what and how to cut paving slabs and curbs
During the work process, it is often necessary to trim paving slabs or curbs: somewhere the height and somewhere the width of the product must be corrected. There are only two effective methods of trimming: with an angle grinder and a guillotine for brick, paving stone. Guillotine is used for work where you need to trim in a straight line and where small irregularities are allowed. For “jewelry” processing of paving stone an angle grinder is used.
If you work with the angle grinder, then for safety purposes it is recommended to use protective glasses and earphones. glasses will protect your eyes from possible flying splinters, and earphones will serve as protection from loud noise. When working with a guillotine there is no need in all this equipment.
What are the advantages of acrylic curb Superplintus
Great for baths of any material (steel, cast iron, acrylic).
Blends harmoniously into any color scheme.
Flawless whiteness complements all styles. Luxurious and refined, classic and high-tech, vintage and modern.
The skirting board does not draw attention to itself, it becomes an integral part of a comfortable and charming bathroom. When installing the sawn skirting boards on cast iron or steel bathtubs, white sanitary sealant of neutral brand Soudal Titan is perfectly suitable. This product has fungicides added. They are the additional protection against any harmful fungi. Easily adheres to glass, ceramic and metal. Soudal Titan sanitary sealant is ideal for acrylic bathtubs. Nuance: superglue should not be applied as a continuous line, but point by point, focusing on those places where superplintus not quite tightly in contact with the surface of the bath. It is applied in the middle and on the edges, providing an immediate fixation.
How to saw off the plastic corner on the bathtub
How to saw a plastic corner on the bathtub: instructions. Bathtub CurtainHow to Cut a Plastic Corner. One of the most popular types of corner is a plastic curb. It’s not surprising, because this.
19:28Replacement of plastic corner in the bathtub. What’s the best silicone
24:25Installation of a curb with your own hands
6:03How to trim properly a plastic corner on the slope and.
How to fix a quality plastic skirting board to the bathtub 1. You will learn how to properly fix a plastic skirting board on the bathtub? For this purpose, buy in a construction store a plastic baseboard like this (2.
How to saw off a plastic corner on the bathtub
How to properly cut a plastic corner on the bathtub. This article is a detailed instruction explaining how to cut a corner on the bathtub step by step (with photos), so that the cut edges.
How to glue a curb on the bathtub: laying options and. For plastic edging it is better to use White spirit or gasoline. they do not dissolve plastic.
How To Cut a Bevel Greater Than 45 Degrees | Easy Jig with a Free Plan
How to stick a corner in the bathtub against leaks: 4 ways of material execution. PVC plastic, aluminum, steel, latex;. Plastic corner to seal the joint of the bathtub. design.
How to install a plastic corner on the bath. Next, you need to cut a 45-degree angle with a wire cutter, then attach the corner to the edge of the other corner, draw the shape of the corner and.
Corners for the bathroom: how to glue a plastic one to the room. How to install a plastic corner or a curb of another material on the bathtub, which will reliably close all the gaps and give the whole.
Installation of a ceramic curb
Despite the fact that many are frightened by the complexity of the work on tiling, if you want you can still do without the help of professionals and perform the installation yourself. After studying the information on how to make a ceramic curb in the bathroom, and proceeding to install it on the sides of a cast iron or acrylic container, the understanding will come that there is nothing complicated about this case.
What you need for installation?
Preparation of the surface for laying a ceramic curb on the laid tile is no different from the actions when installing curbs from other materials. Corner over the facing is installed on “liquid nails”, the process itself is very similar to the installation of plastic products.
To hide the ugly end of the corner, special plugs are used. They create the impression of a smooth transition from the edge of the bath to the curb
Before you begin, calculate and purchase the material. Since when trimming the tile it can split, you need to take a slightly larger amount than necessary. In addition to straight sections, corners and end caps are also needed.
Corner elements of ceramic curbs can be in the form of a triangle or regular element with a cut angle of 45 °
For installation you need to prepare a waterproof tile adhesive, sealant, grout. Of the tools come in handy a special gun for applying foam, an emery bar, spatula, angle grinder.
Step-by-step description of the work
Ceramic curb can be installed during wall tiling. or in other words “under tile”. In this case, the subsequent row of tiles can be bent after the laying of the corner, or the upper row can be laid first, and then, under it, the curb is installed.
The work on the seal is performed in this order:
- Prepare the tile adhesive. The proportion and technique of preparation may differ for each brand, so you need to follow the instructions.
- The installation begins from the corner and uses special corner elements. On the back side of the ceramic workpiece with a trowel apply such an amount of glue, so that it fills the space under the curb and slightly protrudes to the top. Remove excess glue a little later with a trowel.
- Press the rectangular elements evenly onto the surfaces; if you want to press a side in more, use a rubber mallet to press it in.
- The next tile is laid in the same way. If you want to insert an element of smaller size, it is cut with improvised tools. This can be a tile cutter, an angle grinder with a diamond disc or a regular glass cutter (it cuts the glaze, and the tile breaks off evenly in the place of the cut). The place of the cut is grinded with a bar.
- According to the technology, the next day it is recommended to wet the not yet fully cured curb so that the glue hardens properly.
- After completing the facing, before the glue dries, wipe the tile with a damp cloth.
- When the glue under the curb has seized, waterproof grout or silicone sealant is applied to the seams. After that, the curb is wiped down again.
To protect the tub from the accidental fall of heavy elements, it is covered with cardboard boxes (preferably over the entire surface). You can secure them with masking tape.
How to cut a skirting board for an angle other than 90 degrees
Many rooms can “boast” corners that do not correspond to 90 degrees. Such situations arise as a result of shrinkage of the soil and the structure itself, as well as a violation of the technology of construction of walls.
In this case, the correct marking with a stool or drawing to make it is not possible, all steps are performed directly on the spot:
- Before you trim the corner of the ceiling plinth, it is attached to one of the walls and make a stop end to the other wall.
- Run a trimmer line along the baseboard.
- Do the same on the other wall.
- At the intersection of the two lines make a mark on one of the skirting boards, which connect to the corner of the workpiece. Make an incision along this line.
- Repeat steps on the other baseboard and try on both blanks. Make any necessary corrections.
- The skirting boards are glued in place, the joint in this case should be quite tight.
The first way. with the help of the jigsaw
The professional jigsaw with a rotary hacksaw
The hacksaw is usually shaped like a tray with vertical holes for a hacksaw. It can be made of wood, metal or plastic. This tool represents the oldest and simplest carpenter’s tool, designed for cutting wooden parts at an angle of 90° and 45°. There are types of such a device and for professional work, with a rotating mechanism, in them the cutting tool can be rotated and fixed in any position.
How to cut a ceiling plinth correctly
Ceiling corners are divided into interior and exterior, the method of joining them is slightly different.
If necessary, it is possible to make a crosshairs with their own hands. You will need three scraps of plywood or boards of equal size. First, they are applied in the form of an inverted “U” and make a marking of the corners. Then, according to the markings, cut notches for a hacksaw almost to the bottom, and the boards are twisted.
- Making correct measurements.
- Install the baseboard plank in the jig so that this position is exactly the same as the placement on the ceiling.
- The baseboard must be pressed tightly against the opposite wall of the wood trimmer. Hold and press with your free hand.
- Put a hacksaw at an angle of 45 degrees in a special hole and cut the piece.
When cutting soft materials (PVC, polystyrene foam) use a metal hacksaw or a regular construction knife. Then the work will be neat and with straight edges.
- Measure the length of the skirting board from the nearest wall to the outer corner, leave a trimmer line on the underside with a pencil, marking the desired length. Note that the edge (its upper part) must protrude slightly outwards.
- Take the skirting board to the plane and cut it.
- The adjacent strip must also be measured with a margin and cut off mirror to the first piece.
Try on the ceiling skirting: the joining of parts must be perfectly flat. If you have not succeeded and the joints are uneven, you can trim the edges with a regular knife until they are perfectly flush.
Gluing skirting boards to the walls
Determine the height at which you will glue the border. This can be at the level of the window sill, the interior, the headboard, or just above a piece of furniture.
Measure the correct height and use a lead pencil to trace the trimmer line on the wall, marking the joints. First glue the wallpaper on top by applying adhesive to the wall over the pencil line.
Prepare the bottom sheet for gluing. Apply adhesive to the bottom of the wall. This applies to EasyUp wallpaper: for EasyUp wallpaper the adhesive is applied directly to the wall.
When pasting wallpaper below the border, we recommend indenting by half the width of the joint, as it is often difficult to precisely match the boundaries of the cloths.
Try to match the top and bottom strips side to side (do not overlap. it is better to leave a small gap and then fill it with filler).
Make a few small pencil marks on the wall (preferably under the line on the edge of which the curb should run).
Then follow the instructions in “Gluing the skirting boards along the ceiling and floor skirting boards” above. In this case, refer to the pencil marks in step 6.
Important installation details
Advice! The cleaned bathtub should definitely be wiped dry. for this it is optimal to use paper towels, not rag towels, which will not give a completely dry surface.
Attention! Do not use aggressive solvents. they can damage the acrylic bath and wall panels!