Cart for a motor-block with his own hands: dimensions, drawings, video
Such equipment as a single-axle tractor is a great helper when working in the field, garden, cottage or farm. To expand the capabilities of technology, you can attach a trailer device and transport soil, garbage, crops, tools and other heavy or bulky cargo. It is possible to make a trailer for a power tiller with your own hands, spending only a few days. The result will be an indispensable helper that will facilitate further work.
First of all it is necessary to think over what sizes the trailer should be to fit a certain power tiller and be convenient to use. After that, you will need to sketch a drawing or sketch of the cart, on which to display the design from different angles, put all the dimensions and draw the knots.
Mechanisms of trailers
You should think through everything to the smallest detail in order not to have any difficulties during the assembling of equipment. For this purpose it is necessary to understand:
- By screwing, riveting or welding will be connected nondisassembled units and parts;
- how the axles, bearings, bushings, joints will be connected;
- What seat is better to install (simple or rotating);
- what to make the parking leg support from;
- Whether you need a tipping body, to which you will have to add a mechanical tipper or a self-dumping unit with a special handle;
- what kind of connection unit to the power tiller to choose (on bearings, bushings or articulated).
Having sorted out all these questions, you can begin to prepare a list of necessary materials and calculate the approximate cost of the future trailer.
Tipping trailer for power tillers
To make your trailer a dump trailer, when constructing the frame, weld regular door hinges to beams 1 and 2 (shown in the photo below). To prevent the body from tipping over during driving and loading, it can be secured by welding a latch (such as a door latch) to the edge of the frame. Such a trailer is ideal for such models of motor blocks as Neva MB-1, Neva MB-2, MTZ, Oka and other models of well-known manufacturers.
Brakes for the trailer to the motorcycle block are necessary on the basis of the safety requirements. It is not always easy to stop a loaded trailer, especially if there is a slope in the way.
To equip the trailer with brakes yourself, you must first acquire tools and find such parts from an old motorcycle:
brakes should be made on each wheel so the trailer will not skid when braking.
Remove the cables from the brake drums and grind them before installing. Slip the machined drums onto the hubs and fasten them to the rear. Cover the space between the ribs of the discs with spokes. Place the drum on the axle and secure it with bushes. To prevent displacement of the part, weld a piece of angle to the axis.
After fixing the drums, pull the cables to the control place. The control place is similar to the parking brake of the car (handbrake) from improvised means.
We suggest that you also read the video, which shows the device of the homemade brake for the trailer to the motoblock:
All designers know that the more detailed and careful details on the drawing, which means that all the nuances are thought out, the easier and faster is the assembly. The design should be drawn several times in different axes and from different angles. For accuracy you should mark the numbers of all parts to further display them in the estimate. If you have complex assemblies or parts of unusual shape or size in your project, make a separate drawing for them. The main attention should be paid to the attachment node of the trailer to the power tiller, because it must withstand considerable loads. Also with a detailed design it will be easy to assess the complexity, scope and duration of the work. If difficulties arise in the independent design, it is worth to turn to professional mechanics who can help with this.
When creating a motor-block by yourself, it is usual to allocate such structural units and parts:
It is also necessary to provide for the following nuances:
- the direction of motion in the slewing mechanisms and its varieties: bearings, axles and bushings or swivel joints;
- availability of parking stands;
- The type of connection of the main assemblies: bolting, twisting, welding, riveting;
- the ability of the load to tilt mechanically.
When making a miscalculation and shopping plan, you should consider those materials or improvised means that can be used in the construction of the trailer. Creating a trailer for the cultivator with your own hands for the frame it is quite possible to use pipes of any shape, which are often abundant in the majority of gardeners and cottagers.
Pay attention to cart dimensions when making drawings. This is an important parameter that determines the capacity and usability of the cart. Usually the dimensions of the carts correspond to the following parameters: length about 1.5 meters, width 1 meter (or slightly wider), and height to 30 cm. Approximate capacity of such a trailer will be 2.5 tonnes.
Having studied the standard designs that manufacturers offer, you can think about how to make a trailer to a motor block with your own hands. A comfortable design should be chosen. A dump trailer is a bit more complicated in design, but more functional. However, in case of rare use of machinery, a simpler solution is chosen.
As a starting point, it is a good idea to sketch a homemade trailer to a motorblower with dimensions. On this figure you can be guided in the choice of materials, to determine from it complex and requiring more elaborate nodes. Subsequently, you can make a more detailed and accurate diagram.
It is important to bear in mind that the center of gravity of a properly balanced and loaded trailer is nearer to the front wall, but so that it does not overlap the wheel axle.
- To make the frame-grid, use square (rectangular) cross-section pipe and angle bars.
- To make the front and rear crosspieces choose a 25×25 mm angle.
- Spars are made of 60×30 mm pipes.
- Elements are connected by five auxiliary crossbars so that the end result would be a frame-rack.
- To the longitudinal tubes in the corners of the grid, four vertical struts are welded.
Further steps depend on the type of the chosen model.
- A tipper trailer must have a tailgate at the back end of the box.
- The product with tailboards requires similar design of all (three) tailboards except for the one facing the tiller.
- Frames of hinged elements are made separately from general frame, and in simplest models. as its elements.
As edging boards usually choose the material, the use of which will not increase the cost of the product, that is, available at hand.
- Wood (boards left after the construction of outbuildings) is not practical because of its low resistance to moisture. The boards should be impregnated with special compounds, carefully painted and checked for the integrity of the coating.
- Plastic is waterproof, it is not exposed to destruction under the influence of many chemicals. Plastic is cheap, but its disadvantage is the low mechanical strength.
- Metal sheets with anti-corrosion coating is the most durable, but also quite expensive option. If the tipper trailer will be used a lot, it is better to choose metal. The connection of the cut sheets to the frames can be made by welding when making the mend.
Before cladding the sides, the horizontal surface of the grille (floor of the body) must be covered. Aluminium sheet metal is well suited for this purpose, and is fastened with bolts.
Cladding frames of folding tailgate are connected to the basic frame with the help of hinges and equipped with pins, slide latches or snap hooks for locking it in closed position.
To provide mobility, the trailer for a power tiller can be fitted with the wheel units of an old vehicle or (a simpler variant) a garden wheelbarrow. An additional pipe or axle is welded to mount them.
The hub is often fastened by pressing, for which purpose its back part is bored out and put on the axle (pipe), controlling for absence of deflection. the wheels are mounted on pins, and then secured with nuts. The final stage. screwing on the hood.
The wheelbarrow wheels are installed according to a simplified scheme
For cladding the structure masters choose inexpensive material or what is available. The price of the product becomes much less.
- The wooden boards, which often remain after construction. The main advantages. low cost, disadvantages. moisture-resistant, resulting in low life expectancy of a wheelbarrow for power tillers. In addition, for their processing, you need additional means.
- Plastic. Advantages. resistant to moisture, unlike wood, disadvantages. not strong, if damaged, it will break.
- Sheets of metal. Pros. strong material, so it is durable, disadvantages. one of the most expensive options.
But if the cart to the tiller will be used constantly, it is more advantageous to make it metal, and do not spend extra money on repairs. Fasten the sheets to the frame with a welding machine.
Trailer to the tiller
Trailer for the motor-block: 1. the bracket for the attached implements on the motor-block “Electronik”, 2. console, 3. driver, 4. step (board 20 mm), 5. driver’s seat (board 20 mm), 6. frame, 7. body (board 20 mm), 8. support bar (bar 50×50 mm, 3 pcs.), 9. bolt M8, 10. thrust ring (pipe 58×4), 11. wheel (from sidecar SZD, 2 pcs.) total. View
Conditionally, the trailer can be divided into several main assemblies: a driver, a frame, a body, wheels.
The chassis, which includes several parts that are connected by welding. The main load is taken by the joint between the drawbar and the body of the steering unit, that’s why this place is strengthened with 4 stiffening ribs.
Wheelhouse: 1. rotary joint body, 2. air pipe (49×3 pipe L1850), 3. footstep frame (25x25x4 angle piece), 4. stop (58×4 pipe), 5. stiffening rib (s4), 6. overlay (25×4 strip).
frame is made of steel elements: pipes, rectangular and round sections, angles and bars. They are welded together to form a structure (frame), the frame design features are due to the countryside, where when driving the road is full of irregularities, potholes, etc.д.
For the wheel axle, uses a steel rod with a diameter of 30mm, which is connected by welding, braces with spars and body longitudinal joint, and corner supports. The length of the rod is 1070mm, the length is chosen so that the wheels do not protrude over the body contours.
The frame of the trailer: 1. strut (angle 21x21xZ), 2. seat frame (angle 21x21x3), 3. riser (pipe 50x25x4), 4. seat struts (angle 40x40x4), 5,14. front struts (pipe 50×25), 6, 15. longitudinal side members (angle 40x40x4), 7, 8. wheel axle supports right (angle 32x32x4), 9,16. back braces (pipe 50×25), 10. cross-bar reinforcing (angle 40x40x4), 11. longitudinal joint body (pipe 58×4), 12. wheel axle (bar 030), 13,17. transverse side members (angle 40x40x4), 18. braces (s4).
Trailer body is made of 20mm thick planks, for increased durability, in the corners it is reinforced with metal plates. The body is attached to the frame with three 5050mm beams and bolts.
This cart is mainly designed for transporting goods in bags, so its sides are not hinged.
the wheels of this trailer are borrowed from the sidecar SZD, the wheels are complete with hubs, and the axle is honed to fit the planting diameter.
The trailer is connected to the tiller with the help of the console, the console is made in the way to fit to the standard hitch of the tiller for the attached implements. The upper part of the bracket is the axle around which the steering unit turns, in two bearings. The bearings are covered with dust shields and the space between them is filled with grease.
The headstock is articulated to the trailer frame, t.е. the drawbar is inserted into the tubular longitudinal joint body, all of which is secured by a M8 bolt and a stop ring. On rough roads, this allows the trailer wheels to be independent of the machine’s wheels.
Power tiller pivot: 1. bracket, 2. plugs, 3,6. bearings 36206, 4. body, 5. distance sleeve, 7. spacer sleeve, 8. washer, 9. nut M20x2,5, 10. oiler, 11. drawbar.
Lawn mowers are indispensable aids in the care of lawns and grounds. Lawn grass for proper development and growth needs periodic mowing. What tool you choose will determine the convenience, speed and quality.
Trailer to the motoblock with their own hands is appreciated by many users. Owners note the convenience when transporting oversized tools, bags of garbage or fertilizers. The technique is in demand among dacha owners, who have plots far from construction stores. Video trailers for power tillers with their own hands
depending on carrying capacity.
Blueprints for trailers for power tillers allow you to get a product that will be useful in the economy. over, you can use the materials available for making.
Install Trailer Trolley for Kultivator/Hand Tractor/Mini Tiller/Rotobator 9hp Farm walking tractor
This technique will help to perform heavy work on transporting the necessary materials.
How to make a trailer for a power tiller with your own hands?
Preparing a drawing of the trailer on a single axle tractor
What size should be a homemade trailer to a power tiller:
- If you have a lightweight type of power tiller, then the width of the trailer should be 1 m and the length should be 0.85. 1.15 m. Carrying capacity of such a trailer is about 300 kg.
- If you have a single-axle tractor with more than 5 l. с., dimensions: width. 1 meter, length. 1,4 to 1,5 m.
- For heavy units, a trailer with a width of 1.2 m and a length of 2. 3 m is suitable. They are more likely to be dual axle.
Then you need to make your own drawings and choose the size of trailer you need. Only its exact scheme will allow you to successfully create a design that will serve for many years. Here is an example of a drawing of such a body.
How to make a trailer to a motoblock with your own hands. the stages of assembly
- For a regular frame we need only 2 tubes and wheels on bearings. On the finished frame, we can hitch the body itself. In order to soften the shaking on potholes, you just have to install the springs.
- Assembling homemade trailer for power tillers. To begin with, an additional pipe is attached to the main tube, which will act as an axis. Then mount the trailer hitch for the power harvester on the other side. weld the hubs to the ends of the axle tube. Then we fix the wheels and attach the parking brake. Attach body, fenders and seat.
- The body is made of wood or metal.
- Particular attention should be paid to the hub for the trailer, it must be strong and reliable.
How to make brakes on a trailer to a motorcycle block?
In order to put homemade brakes on the body and ensure yourself a safe ride on the motoblock, it is worth to acquire a few parts for its construction:
- Brake pads from a motorcycle.
- The brake drum of the motorcycle.
- Spokes from a scooter wheel.
- It is better to install the brake on both wheels. This will allow the equipment to brake effectively.
- Remove the pull rods and cables from the disc, and clean it.
- On the hubs we put the turned drums and fasten them to the back.
- The free space that was formed between the ribs of the drums should be wrapped with metal wire.
- Put the dismountable disc on the axle and fix it with bushings.
- Let’s weld a piece of metal on the axle to prevent displacement of the disk.
- We mount ropes on drums and pull them to the steering.
- The control system can be a lever with a gear.
In principle, having a good scheme with exact calculations it is easy to construct a single or double axle dump body. The main thing is to know how to do it and to follow all instructions. If you make such equipment yourself, you will get an incredible helper for work on the plots.