To make an adapter for a motor-block with your own hands. Step by step instructions, drawing
September 04, 0 reviews
The single-axle tractor is a common and popular special equipment, which will save a lot of time and effort to any tiller. This machine can work all year round, in spring. to plant crops, in summer. to gather crops, in autumn. to clear the road from garden debris, in winter. to remove snow. The only inconvenience in controlling the power tiller is to drag it in front of you holding on to the two handles with enough force. To facilitate the process of working with your power tiller will help special attachments, the name of which. Adapter. What is an adapter to the power tiller?? This is a cart with a seat, with which you can do the work just like behind the tractor.е sitting. Not everyone can buy a power tiller adapter these days. Therefore, we propose not to despair, and take everything into their own hands, literally. We tried to go through all the requests of farmers and farmers. It’s time to make an adapter to your power tiller with your own hands! Let’s go ahead and get acquainted!
How to make a front adapter with your own hands
With minimal skills in working with simple tools, as well as the ability to use the drawing, you can easily make a homemade adapter, like a CTZ for a power tiller.
The main parts of such a unit are:
- The frame.
- the operator’s workplace.
- Suspension, which can be axial, axial, portal and rotary.
- A steering box with a rigid hitch.
thanks to the front location of the device, a place for mounting the blade is equipped on it (if the rear version is used, a portal for using of attachments is created on it).
The most important element of such a construction is a hitch device, which is necessary in order to ensure quality attachment of the adapter to the power tiller itself. It also provides the necessary level of stability of the future four-wheeled vehicle. The possibility of carrying the steering mechanism forward is provided by a rigid coupling. In the case of a change in section angle, a horizontal hinge attachment is required for the swivel unit.
The very procedure for the construction of a homemade adapter is as follows:
- Make a kinematic scheme by yourself or use a ready-made one, adapted to a certain variant. The most important prerequisite here is to ensure the correct equilibrium of the future construction.
- After that, the base frame is assembled. It is made according to the fork principle with a bushing to enable rotation.
- The wheels with the steering mechanism are connected to the front end, and an attachment is made to which the mouldboard will be connected in the future.
- A seat is mounted on the frame, next to it a mechanism with a remote control of the power tiller is installed.
- After that the machine is checked and tested to find any faults or malfunctions.
It is advisable to paint all metal parts before use to protect them from rust.
The use of adapters for power tillers makes it possible to turn them into a full-fledged mini-tractor, thereby significantly expanding their range of application. Also increases the productivity and usability of the unit. Such units can be purchased ready for specific power tillers or to assemble independently, preliminarily preparing a scheme-drawing.
About the device
The design of the 4×4 adaptor, designed for the Neva power tiller, is a fairly simple device. It consists of several basic components:
- Frame construction, on which other components of the device are installed;
- the driver’s seat;
- wheel base, as well as the wheel axle;
- The connection mechanism between the adapter and the tiller.
An adapter is simply a cart with a seat that is attached to your power tiller. Power tillers can be, such as Caiman, Patriot, Texas, Pro Arab, Crosser, VIKING, Loplosh (Loplosh video) and others. After coupling the adapter and power tiller, it can be compared in functionality with a minitractor, but such a comparison is a little conditional, because the power remains the same, t.е. from the engine of a motor-block.
In addition, the adapter can be connected to additional attachments, which further expands the potential list of works.
Some adapters are equipped with special compartments where it is possible to place some cargo. There are models equipped with a lifting lever, which greatly simplifies the work with the device.
As a rule, there are two couplings in the adapter. one allows you to attach it to the power tiller, and additional attachments can be attached to the second one. Particularly, you can attach a seeder, dipsticks, plow, harrow and other devices to the adapter.
The wheel pair of axles in the adapter is a fairly robust design that allows the use of a single-axle tractor on the most difficult terrain, as well as for transporting quite weighty cargo.
It is also important to understand that the movement on such a unit on public roads is prohibited, so they are used exclusively in rural areas. However, despite some structural similarity of all adapters to each other, they also have some differences
In particular, rear steering adapters, front adapters and all-wheel-drive units are available
However, despite some structural similarity of all adapters among themselves, they also have some differences. In particular, rear adapters with steering, front adapters and four-wheel drive units are available.
For more details about the adapter for the Neva power tiller, see
Design and principle of operation
In essence, the adapter is represented as a dolly that attaches to the power tiller. After which the construction turns into a mini-tractor. The main parts of such a unit are:
- the frame to which other components are attached;
- driver’s seat with a lifting lever;
- 2 wheels;
- clutch device;
- wheel axle.
In this video we will take apart front adapter:
Is one of the most important elements of the device, because other elements are connected to it. Therefore, it must be made of high quality and durable materials.
One of the main advantages of the adapter is a comfortable seat for the operator.
There are 2 types of wheels. metal and rubber. The former is used for heavy field work. The latter is designed for driving on dirt roads.
The hitch is responsible for linking the attachment and the mechanical unit itself. This attachment is defined as one of the most important, so it is made of high-strength metals. steel or cast iron.
Adapter steering of the power tiller is convenient because:
- eliminates the need to walk behind the motor equipment;
- The traction potential of the power tiller is fully realised
- increases the functionality of agricultural equipment;
- It is easier to transport the unit to a particular area of processing;
- It’s easier to control. you don’t have to put in a lot of effort any more;
- the design can be dismantled if necessary;
- sufficient balance is achieved in all axes.
The disadvantages are increased fuel consumption, which after modification is one and a half times more. However, these losses are justified by the ease of operation and saving a huge amount of time that a gardener spends working with the soil.
Such a hitch of any kind is not just a seat, but an entire device consisting of several parts. Depending on the type of adapter, these parts are attached to each other in varying numbers and in varying order. So, the rear and front units are manufactured almost identically, but they differ in the way of final attachment and the method of coupling itself.
With movable joint
This type of adapter is easier and faster to make at home with your own hands.
- On a square 180 cm long piece of the same steel plate with dimensions of 60 cm is welded crosswise.
- The frame and wheels are supported by the struts and fastened using sleeves. To strengthen the main frame, an additional steel beam is welded to it.
- Use channel No10 to make an additional beam. It is made according to the drawings and with a welding machine.
- The frame created in the previous step is welded to the wheel axle. A small piece of square metal girder or steel angle piece is used as the connecting element.
- The first control arm is mounted to the frame with 3 knees. On the given arm there is another one, but smaller. All work is performed using a welding machine.
- The two control arms are attached to each other securely with bolts.
When the main lifting mechanism of the adapter is ready, you can proceed to its direct assembly and connection of the equipment with the motoblock itself.
- The support for the future seat, which is made from a piece of steel tube, is welded to the central frame.
- Using a welding machine on top of it perpendicularly fix two more pieces of pipe of the same kind. This design will allow you to maximally secure the seat on the power tiller and minimize the vibration and jolting during its operation.
- Then the pieces of pipe are welded to the frame and the seat itself is attached to them with self-tapping screws or bolts. For extra reliability the bolts can be screwed into the seat support and not only into the frame.
- The ready-to-use hitch is welded to the front of the adapter.
Once this work is complete, the adapter is completely ready for further use. If everything has been done correctly, you should get a four-wheel drive mini-tractor, simple and easy to work with.
With a steering device
Such a homemade adapter is made even faster than its previous variety. But it is worth knowing that this option involves the use of more different angles and pipes. And another thing. this attachment is made on the basis of the frame with a ready-made fork and hub. It is its presence that will further allow the free rotation of the power tiller from the steering action. The sequence of operations will be as follows.
- The frame is made of steel of the chosen length and thickness. Use an angle grinder to cut the necessary size pieces from the sheet, and then fasten them together with screws or self-tapping screws.
- The creation of the undercarriage should be based on where the motor of the machine is located. If it is in the front, the main criterion is the size of the main wheels. That is, the size of the track should be based on it. The wheels are attached only to the rear. They are welded to the axle. If the motor is in the rear, the distance between the wheels should be wider. Here the standard ones are removed from the power tiller, and in their place are installed the same ones as on the adapter.
- The axle itself is created from a pipe, and on its ends pressed bearings with bushings.
- The steering wheel is either the same as a car or the same as a motorcycle. There is no fundamental difference. Experienced craftsmen recommend to remove the ready-made steering wheel from the vehicle and already fix it on the basis of the adapter. It is quite difficult to make your own steering, especially for a beginner. It is worth noting that the motorcycle steering wheel creates great inconvenience in the back of the motoblock. And this factor should always be taken into account.
- If an all-metal frame is used, the steering control will be connected to the front of the machine itself. If you make a special additional support. articulated-joint, the steering will rotate the additional frame completely. In this case, two gears are used: one is mounted on the steering column and the other on the upper half-frame.
- The next step is to install the seat. As in the case of making the previous type of adapter, it can be ready-made or made by yourself. It must be attached with a welding machine to the rear frame of this attachment.
- If you later plan to use the upgraded single axle tractor for installation of a removable tool, it is necessary to attach another bracket with a welding machine. You should also create an additional hydraulic system. The easiest way is to remove it from any kind of small agricultural equipment and weld it to your own single–axle tractor.
- A towbar must be welded to the back of the main frame. It is necessary in cases when it is planned to use a single-axle tractor for transportation of some small loads. If the use of a trailer or semi-trailer is not planned, this step can be skipped.
- The final step is hitching. For this purpose, small holes are drilled in the steering column, in which self-tapping screws and brackets are inserted. It is with their help the hitch itself is attached under the steering column.
Perhaps the step-by-step description of making such a device with your own hands may seem complicated. But with detailed schemes and drawings this problem completely disappears. In order for the created adapter to be functional and durable in use, it is necessary to weld all the main elements correctly and pay special attention to the normal operation of the brakes.
Varieties of adapters for motorcycles
Adapters on a single-axle tractor are divided depending on how they are attached.
There are the following types of devices:
- Rear adapter for power tiller. Coupling is placed in front of the unit, so after connecting the adapter will be placed at the back of the unit;
- Front adapter for power tiller. Accordingly, the coupling takes place at the rear. The adapter is placed in front of the motor vehicle and is sure to be with the steering wheel for steering. Devices with steering control are distinguished by a more complex constructional type, because their price in the market is much higher.
The following adapters are available by area of use:
- Shortened. Small in size, which are used with a lightweight power tiller. The small weight allows you to attach the adapter directly to the wheel of the machine;
- Elongated. They can cope with heavy farming equipment. They are characterized by significant size and relatively heavy weight.
Depending on the availability of the body, the following designs are distinguished:
- Body. The available body lets you transport various loads over long distances. They are actively used for daily tasks and harvesting;
- Bodyless. They are used only for connection to a power tiller.
When choosing an adapter, you need to pay attention to the design features of the device. It must fully meet the owner’s needs.
Work on a power tiller with steering
Let’s say a few words about the peculiarities of controlling a motorblock with a steering wheel, and why it is recommended to perform exactly this option when assembling. It is not for nothing that this type of conventional and homemade machines are so popular, because it has a lot of advantages:
- the operator does not have to waste his energy on walking behind the mini-tractor;
- the tractive power of the machine is unleashed to its full potential;
- Such a minitractor is more maneuverable and functional;
- Now in order to process the plot at a distance from home, you do not have to additionally carry a single-axle tractor. it will be possible to simply drive to it, as an ordinary car or tractor;
- the controls are lighter and more convenient than those of other types;
- the operator does not have to carry the entire weight of the heavy and cumbersome machine in his hands,
- it is possible to quickly assemble and disassemble the machine;
- no control parts are significantly modified during conversion;
- good weight balance of the axles.
We will not mention here the noisiness of operation and other characteristic features, in principle, all tractors. Let us say only about one characteristic disadvantage. not very reliable stability, which is associated with a movable coupling. However, the advantages, of course, more impressive.
A single-axle tractor with steering
With this method, the power unit will be located behind the back of the driver and rigidly attached to the front adapter. Consequently, the coefficient of traction of the driving wheels with the ground will increase. This, in turn, will increase traction, making it possible to work with any attachment. For such experiments, the lightweight single-axle tractor “Salyut” with a mass of about 75 kg and a capacity of 6.5 liters is best suited. с.
In that case, you’ll need a steering column with a gearbox. But this is for this case, if you dare to make a single-axle tractor with front steering. This procedure is much more complex and laborious than a simple articulation, but the result will be enjoyable. you will get a single axle tractor with a steering wheel and a seat, and all the necessary levers will be at your fingertips.
Not only is it necessary to have a steering wheel and gearbox, but also steering rods with coulters. The gas pedal, clutch and brake pedals, located under the feet, are also needed. They are connected to the regular controls with homemade rods or steel cables.
On the right side of the seat is installed a lever for raising or lowering the attachment, as well as a handle for the parking brake. Fenders with headlights are put on the front wheels. And the mini-machine finally gets the finished look of a power tiller with a front adapter.
It should be noted that in this case, the adapter has good technical characteristics that allow you to fully appreciate the advantages of working on their minitools.