Mounting plastic panels on drywall
No need for special tools. All the work can be done using ordinary tools. It is worth saying that work on the installation of wall panels can be performed both on a wooden crate and on the crate, arranged from a metal profile. It has already been mentioned above that it is not difficult to finish the bathroom with PVC panels. Before you actually proceed to the installation, you need to determine the location of shelves, cabinets and mirrors. It is also necessary to decide on the location of lights and electrical outlets.
Then according to the marked areas the installation of purlins. Note that it is placed in such a way as to make it possible for drilling under the mounting elements or directly into the crate. The tongue and groove method is used to join the panels. There are several ways to fix the panels. The choice in favor of a particular is made depending on the characteristics of the room.
If the walls in the bathroom are fairly flat, then the fixing of the panels can be carried out with a special adhesive composition. It is used to fasten the panels directly to the wall. Another method is to install the PVC panels on the purlins. As a crate can be used wooden slats or aluminum profile. If the installation of panels is carried out by the first method, then on the panels, which are fixed by vertical method, is applied adhesive composition in horizontal strips 3-5 cm thick across the width of the panel. Between the strips must comply with a step of 15-20 cm. When the adhesive is applied, then perform the pressing of the panel to the wall for a few seconds. When installing the panels used in the second method, then first in the vertical position on the wall mounting lath is performed at such a pitch that the middle of the laths were the joints. Self-tapping screws are used as fasteners for fixing the panels to the laths. Self-tapping screws are screwed into the connecting bars of the locks. When screwing in, it is necessary to maintain a vertical spacing of 25-30 cm. The heads of the screws already screwed in will overlap the groove of the next panel. In the course of the works, the vertical position of the panel to be installed must be strictly adhered to. To ensure that during the works it is necessary to use a level or plumb line. If the curvature of the walls is quite substantial, then you can not perform gluing walls. Previously you will need to work on the alignment of the surface of walls. In this case you can use the method of installation of purlins followed by fixing the panels to it. This method differs from the first option will need to align the sheathing boards not only in the front position, but also laterally. If the walls have significant cavities and ledges, you can put spacers of any rigid material between them and the sheathing boards. A stapler can be used to fasten the panels to the crate. Compared with the frequency of fixing screws when using staples should be doubled. If the humidity level in the room is quite high, the joints between the panels should be insulated using silicone sealant. In the grooves of the panels during installation it is applied. Then it will be invisible on the plane of the wall. At the end of the work is done installing additional elements: skirting boards, moldings and corners. In the design of the edges and joints and they are mainly used. They are also used in places where the panels adjoin to the floor, ceiling, as well as window and door openings.
Quite often when finishing walls in the bathroom use PVC wall panels. This material is quite inexpensive. In addition, it is easy to install. Another advantage of the panels is that all the work you can do yourself, because in the process of installation there are no difficulties. Professional skills when carrying out works do not need. Plus there is no need for the use of special equipment. All work can be done using ordinary tools. It is worth saying that work on the installation of wall panels can be performed both on a wooden crate and on the crate, arranged from a metal profile. We have already mentioned that it is not difficult to finish the bathroom with PVC wall panels. Before you actually proceed to the installation, you need to determine the location of shelves, cabinets and mirrors. You also need to decide on the location of lighting fixtures and electrical outlets. Then according to the marked areas the installation of purlins is performed. Note that they are placed in such a way as to make it possible to drill holes for the mounting elements or directly into the crate. The groove method is used to connect the panels. There are several ways to fix the panels. The choice of a particular is made depending on the characteristics of the room. If the walls in the bathroom are quite even, the fastening of the panels can be carried out with a special adhesive composition. With its help panels are fastened directly to the wall. Another method is to mount the PVC panels on a crate. As purlins can be used wooden battens or aluminum profile. If the installation of panels is carried out by the first method, then on the panels, which are fixed by vertical method, is applied adhesive composition in horizontal strips 3-5 cm thick across the width of the panel. A spacing of 15-20 cm between the strips should be maintained. When the adhesive is spread, the panel is pressed to the wall for a few seconds. When installing the panels in the second method, first install the laths vertically on the wall, so that the joints are in the middle of the laths. Self-tapping screws are used to fasten the panels to the laths. Screwing screws into the connecting bars of the locks. When screwing in must maintain a vertical step of 25-30 cm. The heads of the screws already screwed in will overlap the groove of the next panel.
In the course of the work must be strictly adhered to the vertical position of the panel to be installed. To ensure this during the works it is necessary to use a level or plumb line. If the curvature of the walls is quite significant, then you will not be able to glue the walls. It is necessary to carry out preliminary work on the alignment of the surface of such walls. In this case you can use the method of installation of purlins followed by fixing the panels to it. This method differs from the first option by the need to install battens not only in the front but also in the side position. If the walls of depressions and ledges are significant, then you can lay pads of any rigid material between them and the sheathing boards. A stapler can be used to fasten the panels to the crate. Compared to the frequency of fixing screws when using staples, the frequency of their installation should be doubled. If the level of humidity in the room is quite high, the joints between the panels should be insulated with silicone sealant. In the grooves of the panels when installing it apply. Then it will be invisible on the plane of the wall. The work is completed by the installation of additional elements: skirting boards, moldings and corners. In the design of edges and joints they are mainly used. They are also used in places where the panels adjoin to the floor, ceiling, as well as window and door openings.
How to mount plastic panels on drywall
Plastic wall panels are a low-budget way to improve living, service and public areas.
Coating maintenance is not complicated: the coating can be cleaned with water and powders, it is chemically resistant, belongs to the group of average fire hazard materials, and does not create an environment for mold fungus, bedbugs, cockroaches and bark beetles. High resistance to moisture allows the use of panels in showers, bathrooms, kitchens and public places.
The main advantage of plastic wall panels. they are even mounted on curved walls. Covering with this material transforms the room, adds aesthetic appeal and meets the modern fashion influence.
Types of plastic, decorative, wall panels
- There are two types of panels: for interior and exterior use. The external difference between the types is barely noticeable. The main difference is the composition and quality of the material.
- Panels for exterior work have a stronger structure, resistant to UV rays and temperature fluctuations.
- Panels for internal works. have a high index of environmental friendliness, thermal conductivity.
Material of both types is used for protection against noise and cold. The entire Spectra range is available in a range of colors, so it is easy to find the right color to match the interior.
Price of plastic wall panels from 3 per m2. The cost of plastic wall panels from 1 per meter.
Installation options for plastic wall panels
The installation of wall panels does not require many working hours. They are quickly installed on the prepared crate. A room with a total wall area of 40 m2 can be finished in 3 to 4 hours. The main costs of time are incurred for the manufacture of crates up to 10-20 hours.
Trim is a special foundation, the strength and quality of its base affects the service life of the coating. The method is used for walls with a curved surface, bad plaster, or an ugly base. In cases where it is necessary to lay the wiring between the wall and the trim. Do not use any soundproofing material for communications or finishing.
Trims are made of wooden bars 40×40 mm:
- Fastening of purlins for vertical wall panels is performed along the horizontal level. The main rule for installation of purlins is to be perpendicular to the trim.
- To avoid deformation of the panels for any objective reasons, keep the distance between the bars up to 500 mm.
- The fastening of the timbers to the base is performed with screws.
- To prolong the longevity of the attached purlins are coated with a moisture-proof and fire-retardant mixture.
Fastening of plastic wall panels to the purlins:
- Panel installation is carried out from the corner of the room.
- The first panel is installed “tongue and groove” in the corner.
- Drill holes in the grooves for screws.
- Fasten the panel to the furring with self-tapping screws.
- Install the second panel. The tongue of the panel covers the groove of the first panel, masking the self-tapping screws fastened to the crate.
- Finish the interior design is completed with baseboards, fillets and corner strips.
- Fix them to the wall panels with screws or liquid nails.
Professional method of fastening plastic wall panels
This method is used by installers for public or office spaces. The essence of the method:
- Install the finishing elements of the decor to the framework. They are fastened with self-tapping screws.
- Panels are bent in an arch and inserted into the slots of the elements.
- The panels are held in place at the top and bottom and the remaining area is left unattached.
Quick method of installation allows you to complete the work in 1-2 hours in a room with a total area of walls of 45 m2. This method is used only for plastic wall panels, which have a high elasticity and bending strength characteristic.
Installing the plastic wall panels with construction staples
The method for flat, smooth surfaces. The construction staple can easily be inserted into the wall material, and requires little effort.
- Use a level to mark the exact position of the panel along the axis of coordinates. Tracks the corner from which to install.
- Along the line are hammered into the staples, the number of not less than 4 pieces. For high walls the recommended number is 6-9 pieces.
- The staples are attached with nails. Marking nails selected by size and protrusion of the staple.
- The ridge of the first panel should enter the staples.
- The second panel is inserted into the groove of the first one.
- A fishing line for the trimmer to install the staples for the third panel is marked.
- Further installation proceeds according to the scheme described above.
How to install plastic wall panels using adhesives
The method is used for flat walls, in the absence of special tools. Adhesive is used to apply to the surface of the wall.
- The wall is pre-spackled, degrease the surface and let it dry.
- For walls that absorb mortar and moisture are treated with a primer, the appropriate purpose.
- Dilute the adhesive according to the instructions on the packaging.
- Apply the adhesive to the surface of the wall with a roller, brush or spray gun.
- Make vertical and horizontal marks on a clean surface.
- Cover the area with liquid adhesive.
- The panel is placed on the adhesive layer and pressed down for the time specified on the packaging for bonding with the base.
- Caulk the next section, under the second panel.
- Connect the panels with a tongue and groove.
The method allows you to do without fixing the panels with screws.
To place on a wall with plastic panels of decorative and functional shelves, hangers beforehand make sockets for mounting in the rough wall, and not on the finish. Make the holes as deep as possible. Then the dowel or screws are hammered in. Mark on the plastic surface with a small punch the place for the fastener.
How to attach plastic wall panels to the metal profile
The advantage of installation on metal profile:
- The profile purlins are not subject to deformation as opposed to wooden beams.
- The cost of metal profile is lower than the price of high-quality wood material.
- The profile is made of a construction with high rigidity parameters.
- Metal framing withstands high loads vertically and horizontally.
What we need from a kitchen ceiling?
Before analyzing the various options, you need to decide what properties the ceiling coating should have. First of all this:
- Ease of maintenance. Ideally, grease stains on the ceiling coating should be easy to wipe off with a cloth without the use of detergents with abrasive components.
- moisture resistance and durability. Few people like to make repairs every year.
- Consistency with the interior and the possibility of decorating it with a nice ceiling lamp.
It is a mistake to think that a good repair. is an expensive repair. In fact, you need to determine exactly what you want. Even at minimal cost, with such a huge selection of ceiling coverings, as in modern construction stores, you can think of and embody a stylish, unique interior.
Step by step instruction: how to make a suspended structure yourself?
The installation of the ceiling of plastic panels is simple
- Prepare the surface, remove the old coating, cleaned of dust, debris, covered with a primer with antiseptic properties.
- Take measurements to calculate the amount of material and supplies, make a construction plan.
- Perform a precise marking on the level, draw lines, marks under the elements of the frame.
- Build a frame, fasten hangers for spotlights, if it will be organized by such lighting.
- Attach PVC ceiling panels to the structure.
- Seal the joints with acrylic sealant, carry out the final cleaning of the excess composition.
- Install the ceiling skirting boards, moldings or baguettes around the perimeter of the room to mask the connecting seam between the ceiling surface and the walls.
On the quality of the preparatory work will depend on the reliability of fixing the surfacePrimer applied with a brush or roller only on a clean dry surfaceThe last stage of preparatory work. remove the size of the ceiling Tip The best way to use rip-off cord and chalk. so mark straight lines faster. Requires the mandatory use of the level to determine the “zero” line. the lowest point of the ceiling surface, which is projected onto the walls around the room.
Checking is performed with a laser or an ordinary level with a spirit capsule Attention To master the frame one person is difficult, because you need to fix the long (over 2.5 m) profiles, which is very inconvenient, so it is desirable to secure another pair of hands.
To fix the PVC to the installed frame, proceed as follows
- Before installing the first panel to the ceiling, glue a ceiling plinth or molding, which will fit the groove to the wall’s first strip (how to select and install the ceiling plinth?). To fix the screws with press washers, which are attached to the protruding groove are used. Tighten by hand, not with a screwdriver, so that the panel does not crack because of the high tension).
- If the length of the leaf is slightly longer than the wall to which it is installed in parallel, it is necessary to perform trimming to the right level. Leave about 0.5-1 cm on each side of the sheet, and the notch is made under the metal bracket with a construction knife.
- The remaining panels are installed with a groove in the groove of the previous one.
- If the panel is difficult to enter, you can use a mallet or a rubber mallet: lightly tapping, put it to the characteristic click. This operation must be carried out very carefully, so as not to break the PVC fabric.
- If you will be installing spot lighting, you must first try on the element to the location, and then mark the place of the hole cut for the lamp. A hole is cut on the ground, and an already finished canvas is suspended.
- Before fastening the last slat to check the evenness of the entire structure, then proceed to trimming the elements.
Important In the room where the installation of PVC, the temperature must not be low. The plastic becomes even more brittle under such conditions and can crack even with a slight bending.
To mask cracks, acrylic sealant is used Tip Sometimes a situation can be observed when the sealant after curing “retracts” into the seam. Then it needs to be reapplied in these areas.
How to glue the plastic panels to the drywall?
Plasterboard finishing of walls and ceiling is done for their quick and easy leveling for painting or wallpaper. But this method of cladding does not suit everyone, and this is quite normal. it is possible to decorate flat surfaces with panels and there are at least three ways to do this.
The first method is a metal crate
As a rule, fiberboard and PVC mounted on the battens and the same method can be applied in this case. Gypsum plasterboard is fixed on a metal galvanized framing, where the profiles are arranged vertically, with a spacing of 30 cm or 4 pieces per panel. This can be either CD (wall cladding) or CW (for the partition), but both in one and the other case, there is a base for fixing the brackets.
As the cantilever is very convenient to use peorized galvanized profiles in the form of tape. in the working condition they bend and resemble the letter “U”. The width of the metal profile, on which the plasterboard is fastened, is 60 mm, that is, just the length of the crossbar of the letter “U”, but the fastening holes there are offset to the center. It turns out that for the installation of the console, it is the ideal base, in addition, it is not installed transversely, and along.
For the crate for the panels need a step not more than 40-50 cm, therefore, for a room height of 250 cm will need 6 rows of horizontal profiles. Exactly 6, not 5. at the bottom of the floor and at the top of the ceiling there must be a base for fixing the cladding boards. On each profile of the lower frame will need one hanger, therefore, you can easily calculate the amount of material for purlins.
If the length of the rad is greater than the length of the CD, they will have to join and for this use connectors, although this is not necessary. Instead of connectors, the profile is simply trimmed and docked, securing with small self-tapping screws. But it is very important that the junction is exactly on the bracket, so the profile may have to be cut to correctly size the fasteners of the two parts.
The distance of rows of CD from the wall depends on whether you will mount insulation, which will also serve as soundproofing. U-type hangers allow for the adjustment of such a gap. The brackets are fixed to the base with 35-50 mm self-tapping screws, and the CD is fixed to them with small self-tapping screws 9-11 mm long.
The second method. wooden lath
It is much easier to install wooden laths, but you should take care that all the laths are of the same thickness. The number of rows is calculated on the same principle as for metal, based on a pitch of not more than 40-50 cm. But the cross-section of the bars can be chosen at random, depending on whether you want to mount a thermal insulation at the bottom, and how thick it will be.
Fastening wooden lath is also done with screws, the length of which depends directly on the thickness of the bar. Here it is important that the screw reaches the metal under the drywall and is held in it by the threaded part. For example, for a 50 mm square bar, a 75 mm screw is enough. 15 mm of self-tapping screws are left for screwing.
The joints of the laths must necessarily converge on the profiles of the main frame and each side must be screwed to the base. Note that the edge of the lath when screwing a screw into it splits, so before fixing it there should be drilled a hole. If you can not make the connection above the profile of the main frame, then the laths are joined by superimposing the bar from below and / or above (scrap of the same lath).
Note! In bathrooms and other rooms with high humidity mounting panels on a wooden frame on the brackets is highly undesirable. The wood will let go of the brackets when swelling, and they will simply come out of the laths.
Fastening of battens to purlins
To install fiberboard panels on a metal or wooden crate used klyamerov. special devices that are put on the bottom chamfer of the tongue and screwed (nailed) to the crate. It should be noted that the fastening of claymores with screws is much easier to implement, and it will hold better. On each lamella requires either one screw or two nails.
The first batten is installed with an emphasis on the adjacent wall, but if on the tongue side it is supported by claymores, then on the chamfered side it can only be fixed through the panel. To do this, as close as possible to the edge is screwed with self-tapping screws, which at the end of the cladding is closed with a decorative bar.
Types of plastic, decorative and wall panels
- There are two types of panels: for interior and exterior use. The external difference between the types is barely noticeable. The main difference is the composition and quality of the material.
- Panels for external works have a stronger structure, resistant to UV rays and temperature differences.
- Panels for interior work. have a high index of environmental friendliness, thermal conductivity.
The material of both types is used to protect against noise and cold. The color scheme has the whole range of Spectra, the selection of colors to suit the interior is not difficult.
Price of plastic wall panels from 3 per m2. The cost of plastic finishing panels from 1 per meter.
The professional method of fastening plastic wall panels
This method is used by installers for installation in public or office spaces. Essence of the method:
- Installation of the finishing elements of the decor to the purlins. They are fixed with self-tapping screws.
- The panels are bent in an arc and inserted into the grooves of the elements.
- The panels are held at the top and bottom, while the remaining area remains unattached.
Fast method of installation allows you to complete the work in 1-2 hours in a room with a total wall area of 45 m2. This method is only applicable to plastic wall panels with high elasticity and bending strength characteristics.
Installation of plastic wall panels with staples
The method for flat, smooth surfaces. Construction staples easily penetrate the material of the wall and do not require much effort.
- Use a spirit level to mark the exact position of the panel along the axis of coordinates. Razmeretsya angle, from which the installation will go.
- Punch in a line of staples, the number of not less than 4 units. For high walls the recommended number is 6-9 pieces.
- Staples are attached with nails. Mark the nails according to the size and protrusion of the bracket.
- The ridge of the first panel should enter into the staples.
- The second panel is inserted into the groove of the first one.
- A fishing line for the trimmer to install the brackets for the third panel is marked.
- Further installation proceeds according to the scheme described above.
Features installation of plastic panels on the walls
If the room is dry and the walls are flat, you can mount the panels directly on the wall without using a crate.
Fastening of the panels onto the walls directly with glue without the use of a crate.
In rooms with high humidity, plastic or metal mounting profile should be used as a crate. In this case, the panel is attached to the laths with special clips that greatly facilitates installation and disassembly of construction.
Fixing the panels using plastic profiles with special clips.
Take into account the expansion of the material with temperature changes, so when fitting the panels on the height, leave a small gap. If you use a wide beam for purlins, you can put insulation or soundproofing material in the space between the wall and the panel.
How to fix the plastic panels on the drywall?
If you are thinking about finishing walls or ceilings in the bathroom, hallway, kitchen, balcony or other rooms with high humidity, pay attention to PVC panels. This is the best choice in terms of price, practicality and quality. They perfectly wash, do not burn out and do not deform because of moisture. And the biggest plus. easy installation of panels. They are ideal for aligning the walls and provide an opportunity to realize many design ideas. How to attach plastic panels to the wall: all the details and nuances.
Fixing plastic panels to the wall
PVC panels can be finished in two ways:
Installation of plastic panels with metal or wooden frame
For finishing walls with plastic panels requires a framework of metal or wood. Before installation, clean the walls of excess dirt and dust, treat them with a special antifungal agent, and draw the grid of purlins on the wall with a level. Fix the distance between the slats to 40-50 cm. Drill holes at a distance of 50 cm along the marked lines and fasten the profile to the wall with suitable fasteners.
For relatively even walls (difference not more than 5 mm), you can make a framework of wooden bar, and for very crooked. better to use a metal profile, as it can be fixed at some distance from the wall with special fittings. Once you are satisfied that the purlins are securely in place, you can proceed to finishing work.
It is better to begin the work with a corner away from the entrance, because it is the most visible part of the room, and any cutting will be very visible. First attach the starting strip at the bottom and top of the purlins, and on the side. the inner (outer) corner, depending on the installation site.
These strips fix the laminate and conceal the unaesthetic appearance of panel cuts. After that you can mount the laminate. Cut the panel to the required size (about 0.5 cm smaller, taking into account the deformation due to temperature changes) and insert it into the rails first at the top and bottom, and then at the side.
Fix the laminate with a screwdriver or stapler to each strip of the crate. The following strips are fastened accordingly.
The most difficult step is to install the last panel. To do this, cut the panel to 0.5 cm less than the required size. Insert it first into the corner profile, and then click into the groove of the previous panel. This way you will not deform the guides and accurately finish the installation on the wall.
Mounting the PVC panels with special adhesive or liquid nails
If your home has perfectly flat walls, you can install plastic panels without a frame. This method has many advantages and almost no disadvantages:
- saving space (which is important for small rooms);
- No dirt and dust during installation;
- quick installation;
- Less cost (no need to buy framing materials);
- no special skills are needed.
This method of mounting plastic panels requires careful preparation of the walls. Clean them from foreign objects (wallpaper, old paint, crumbling putty), fix the visible irregularities and primer. Now you can mount the panels.
If the wall allows it, during installation, you need to secure the panel with one screw to the wall in the middle to ensure a more secure hold. In the corners of the room a special flexible corner is glued, the size of which varies from 2 to 5 cm.
It finishes the room, shapes interior and exterior corners and hides the curvature of the corners.
This method of installation has only one disadvantage. it is impossible to hide the wiring and install recessed lighting. So the choice is yours.
Mounting plastic panels on the ceiling
One of the benefits of using PVC panels on the ceiling is the ability to hide wiring, exhaust pipes and other communications, as well as to accommodate built-in lighting.
To mount the plastic panels on the ceiling we use special framework of metal profiles (it gives more opportunities to embed different communications at the expense of the use of special accessories (hangers, crabs, etc.).), and not deformed by moisture, in contrast to the wooden). Before installing the framework, it is worth preparing the ceiling surface (clean it of old paint, whitewash, loose plaster and dust, treat it with antifungal coating to avoid the development of fungus in the room).
First we use a spirit level to mark the walls of the room at a distance of 5. 10 cm from the ceiling. Then install the mesh elements at a distance of 30-40 cm from each other. With a greater distance plastic can sag. Then along the perimeter of the starting profile or a special baguette for plastic, trimming the corners is better to produce with a plane or directly on the site with a construction knife. Now install the plastic panels.
Glue for PVC panels: varieties, what is better to choose, the technology of use
PVC panels are a popular material for cosmetic repairs. This fact can be explained by their low cost, ease of installation and a variety of colors. With this material can quickly and inexpensively repair a small office, back room, decorate the walls in the store and the like. However, such panels are very often used for quick and practical repair of the bathtub. It can be done with your own hands, but it is better to gather complete information about what and how to glue plastic to the wall before the work.
The abbreviation PVC stands for “polyvinyl chloride”. Basically, it’s just plastic material that is shaped during production. PVC panels have been used as a finishing material for many years. This was made possible thanks to the undoubted advantages that the panels have. Among them are:
- Durability, service life up to 10 years.
- Easy to care for.
- Resistant to moisture.
- Fire safety.
- Resistance to low and high temperatures.
- Good soundproofing.
- Can be mounted on different surfaces and the like.
Many buyers like the fact that stores offer a huge number of colors and patterns on the panels. If there is a desire to make inexpensive but beautiful repairs, this material will be a good choice. The main thing is to choose a good manufacturer and pay attention to the presence of possible defects in the product. Panels are easy to buy and, importantly, not difficult to install.
There are two main ways in which you can attach plastic panels to the wall:
- Attaching the panels to the frame. This can be done mechanically, that is, with self-tapping screws, nails or staples. The crate itself can be metal, wood or plastic. You can also glue the panels to the framework, which in this case will play the role of a wall leveler. This method of attachment. to the crate. has its own advantages and disadvantages. Those who do not want to spend too much time with the installation of the frame and lose precious square centimeters in the bathroom, they can choose another way.
- Gluing to the wall. This method has almost no effect on the area of the room under repair. But it has its own limitations. The walls must be flat, dry, and the adhesive composition. well chosen, then the repair work will give the right result.
You must understand that not every glue is suitable for attaching the finishing material. Some compounds can damage the plastic, or poorly withstand the impact of moisture. So it is better to know in advance what to glue PVC panel to the wall.
What should be paid attention to when choosing glue
To plastic panels to last a long time and had a presentable appearance, should seriously consider the choice of adhesive composition. It is worth noting that in construction stores you can find adhesives that are designed specifically for installation of PVC. However, a situation may arise when there is no such product or the owner of the room has some preferences.
Usually the question of what glue to use, puzzled those who are going to do repairs with their own hands. The choice of means for fixing, of course, is important, but we should not forget about other conditions.
Adhesive composition for PVC panels must have the following properties:
- After drying, it must be transparent, so as not to spoil the appearance of the finish.
- Used composition should be well resistant to moisture, temperature changes, cold, etc.
- It is important that the glue sets quickly.
- The quality of the bonding should be as high as possible.
- It is also worth thinking about the durability of the attachment.
- Used glue must be safe for health, so you should avoid toxic compounds that have a strong smell.
Not superfluous would be the presence of antibacterial additives in the adhesive. Choosing the right composition will ensure that the finishing material will be well attached to the wall and the panel will adorn the room for many years, despite the aggressive effects of water and temperature differences.
Glue for PVC panels: what is the best
In household stores there is a wide range of adhesives. Some of them can not be used to fix the tiles, as they can cause their deformation and have a bad impact on their appearance.
But there are a number of compositions that are good for fixing plastic panels:
- Kleiberit 636. It is not afraid of water, when applied, you need to work only one side. Made of synthetic resins. The big advantage is its safety for health.
- Emfikol 34012A. This adhesive with a viscous consistency is designed specifically for fixing PVC panels. It has a good adhesion to this material. It is very strong, but colorless.
- Moment Crystal. This is a fairly expensive compound, but it will glue the boards to any surface very well. At the same time, it is colorless, so this adhesive can safely be used to attach PVC finishing materials.
- Liquid nails. About this adhesive composition will be discussed below.
There are other types of adhesives on the market. Some praise Moment Montage and Titan. When buying it is important to understand that the high price of the compound is not a guarantee that it is suitable for finishing walls with PVC panels. You should carefully read the labeling and instructions of the adhesive, consult with the seller. If even after the purchase there are any doubts, or the product was bought earlier, given as a gift, left over from a previous repair, it is better not to take the risk. How the adhesive affects the polyvinyl chloride, you can find out with the help of experience. Enough to apply the compound to a small surface of the board and watch the reaction of the plastic on the adhesive.
Without this mounting compound, probably does not do any repair. This product has also proven itself in finishing work with plastic panels. Use liquid nails is very simple, and they perfectly attach PVC to the wall or purlins. But when buying carefully choose the right composition. Some tools are too strong, and their use can lead to bloating of the plastic surface.