Device and adjustment of the carburetor of the chainsaw
Carburetor is one of the most important nodes of any modern chainsaw. Its main task is to mix the fuel mixture with air, as well as the further supply of the finished fuel to the gas meter cylinder. During the operation of the chainsaw, its carburetor constantly works, therefore, over time, this node begins to need adjustment and flushing. Performing these procedures is quite simple, to be extremely attentive and observe the correct procedure.
Almost all carburetors used in the production of chainsaws have one, and the same device. The difference is only the mechanisms that equip Chinese garden tools.
In standard configuration, the fuel node consists of the following parts:
- Float chamber. This element is designed to continuously maintain the required amount of fuel. When the node is operating, the fuel through the built.In nozzle is transferred to the sprayer;
- Pipe. Through it fuel in portions enters the camera. The fuel supply is regulated by the position of the built.In factory damper;
- Sprayer. This part is necessary for the injection of fuel into the absorbed flow of air.
The principle of operation of the carburetor of the chainsaw is quite simple. During the operation of the node, the air is absorbed by the tube and passes through it at a speed that is regulated by a built.In damper. With the opening of the damper, a float located in the chamber is driven into action. After passing through the diffuser, the air is mixed with fuel and is instantly sprayed. Further, the high.Quality fuel mixture enriched with air passes through the intake channel and enters the engine cylinder. The scheme will tell you clearly about the work of the carburetor.
The fuel in the node circulates under the influence of pressure. In the float chamber, it is close to atmospheric, and in a standard tube, the air, a more rarefied air. Due to the difference in the formed pressure indicators, the fuel mixture enters the tube. The larger the number of fuel, the higher the speed is able to create an economic chainsaw engine.
The components of the fuel system of the chainsaw
Having made a superficial acquaintance with the system and its device, we will consider each of its elements with all the attention to the nuances. How diverse are the forms of the same details in various models of chainsaws, and how they can be installed. Detailed features of the components of the fuel system, with visual photos, then.
The tank of the chainsaw
In most models, fuel storage containers are built into the housing and are a monolithic structure with a handle. Replacing such a tank when burning or mechanical damage requires a complete recovery of gas levers and air damper (in addition to hoses). There are systems that seem to be divided at first glance (for example, on the STIHL MS 440), however, the capacity is also intended with the body, and is not sold separately from the handle.
In addition to the chainsaw case, the fuel tank can be located in the crankcase (for example, Partner 351). In this case, the replacement process in case of damage is longer and time.Consuming, since it requires disconnecting almost all of the tool components, including the engine. Fortunately, such designs are not always monolith and there are tools where fuel and oil tanks can be removed (Stihl MS 180), significantly facilitating the repair.
A fairly important and popular consumable that provides protection of the carburetor and engine from pollution and premature breakdown. By type of performance, there are 2 varieties of filters: in a plastic case and in a metal. Nylon (in plastic Chinese elements), felt (in all types of buildings), cortex (in plastic) and foamed polymer (in metal) can be used as a purifying material.
Regardless of the material of manufacture, each fuel filter for the chainsaw has a weighting agent, directing it into the lowest part of the tank when tilting the saw.
The highest degree of protection against small particles provides foamed polymer and cortex. The felt of felt is no less reliable, but quickly clogs. Nylon nets are categorically not suitable for such purposes, therefore, having purchased a Chinese saw with such equipment, it is better to immediately change it to one of the above. The replacement should have an identical diameter of the fitting, which can be 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5 mm.
The most flexible link in the system that performs the transfer of fuel from the tank to the carburetor and primer (if any). In budget variations of execution, it is made of silicone, and is equipped with a sealant in the form of a sleeve, or does not have it at all and simply enters the hole in the tank tightly. Better quality hoses are made of dense gas.Resistant rubber, and in the role of sealing contact, they have special ledges pressed to Baku on both sides.
Of course, according to the duration of the service, a special rubber fuel hose for a chainsaw withstands a longer service life before starting to dry and crack.
There is only one fuel terepine in the classic motorcycle system connected to the input fitting of the carburetor. In the presence of a manual pump (primer), the number of hoses increases to 3x, where the first plays the main role, the second connects the carburetor and primer, and the third removes excess fuel from the primer back to the tank.
Climbing valve (sapun) chainsaw
Small devices, but impressive significance for the entire fuel system. Located in the upper part of the tank and ensures the normalization of pressure, with a decrease in the volume of fuel. Of the most common, 2 types of sapunes can be distinguished: simple (cone.Shaped) and selected (float). Both options are widely used, both in amateur and professional tools.
In addition to standard valves, some saw models are equipped with completely unique elements. For example, to replace the saapon with Makita EA3203S and STIHL MS 660, you will need to choose a fully identical detail.
When clogging the valve bandwidth, the air that is necessary to normalize pressure against the background of the pumped fuel will cease to flow into the tank. Since the capacity is sealed, vacuum will begin to form in it. With each new “eaten” portion of fuel, carburetor will be increasingly difficult to pump. At this pace, the work lasts several tens of seconds until the membrane pump rises. If the instrument stalled due to the clogged cabin, then when the gas tank plug is unscrewed, air is sharply absorbed into it, normalizing pressure.
The main distribution mechanism and the intermediate link between the gas tank and the combustion chamber. Includes a mashed type pump operating due to the air supplied from the engine of the engine through the pulse channel. A fuel hose that transfers the mixture from the tank is connected to the second fitting. If the chainsaw is equipped with a primer, a modified carburetor model is installed in it, with an additional (third) fitting.
A variety of forms and designs of the device is comparable to the number of tools of tools presented for sale today. Many motorope carburators have unique structural features, but there are also popular standards that have a significant sphere of application. Universal carburetors can be both factory production (Walbro, Zama), or underground (without name on the top cover).
Device and principle of operation of the carburetor
The device and principle of operation of the gas.Rosopila carburetor is the same as the carburetors of internal combustion engines and performs the same function: preparation and supply of air mixture with fuel to the combustion chamber of engine combustion.
The carburetor consists of the following parts:
Atmospheric air, passing through the air filter, enters the carburetor air channel, where there is a diffuser that reduces the diameter of the canal, as a result of which reduced pressure is created behind the diffuser.
A throttle is installed behind the diffuser, which regulates the supply of air entering the carburetor. Partially overlapping or opening the air channel, the damper controls the air flow, thereby adjusting the engine speed.
Under the influence of reduced air pressure created behind the diffuser, gasoline from the float chamber through the fuel jet and the sprayer is sucked into the mixing chamber.
In the chamber, the fuel is mixed with air, forming the fuel mixture, and then fed into the combustion chamber. The throttle is connected mechanically with the fuel nozzle, which regulates the amount of fuel supplied to the spray. Therefore, it simultaneously regulates the supply of air and fuel into the combustion chamber.
The float regulates the fuel level in the float chamber, supporting it at the same level. It is associated with a needle valve overlapping the flow of fuel into a float chamber.
When the fuel level decreases, the float lowers and moves the needle valve, forcing it to tear off the fuel supply hole. When the fuel fills the chamber to the normal level, the float moves the needle to the closing position.
The engine speed depends on how much a mixture of fuel and air enters the combustion chamber. The more we open the damper, the more turns.
How to rinse a gasopyle carburetor?
Think about cleaning the fuel unit of a benzo tool in such cases:
- If the engine is difficult to launch;
- With unstable operation of the internal combustion engine at short.Term idle;
- In case of failures by smooth pressing on a regular gas trigger;
- With a significant increase in the costs of refueling.
Most often, for washing the built.In carburetor of the chainsaw, liquids are used that are in almost every garage:
Modern gardeners using powerful professional saws use more effective and gentle means:
- Mannol Vergaser Reiniger. Cleaner entering the sale of aerosol. He quickly and easily breaks down even the oldest formations of resins, soot, oily plaque and other types of pollution;
- HI-GEAR-this cleaner stands out by high dissolution properties. He can bring out old dried spots, oily crust and the first signs of rust without harm to the parts of the fuel system;
- Jet 100 Ultra. A high.Tech spray designed to quickly clean the gasopyle carburetor. Shows the high rate of dissolution of the oldest oily spots.
Carburetor cleaning on the chainsaw is performed in the following sequence:
- First, you need to clean the outer part of the saw engine, as well as dismantle and thoroughly rinse the case of the factory air filter;
- Next, you can proceed to disassembly of the benzo tool. To do this, remove the filter housing, as well as unscrew the mounts holding the carburetor along with the engine;
- Then you need to carefully disconnect the traction and gas cable from the carburetor. The springs available in the design must be removed so as not to stretch them;
- After that, you need to carefully pull the hoses from the factory fittings for the supply of fuel;
- To clean the carburetor on a chainsaw. You need to remove it from the branded fasteners. At the same time, it is important to maintain the integrity of the gasket installed between the ICE cylinder and the fuel node;
- At the next stage, you will need to clean the external walls of the carburetor. To do this, they can be treated with a liquid cleaner or gasoline. In this case, you need to try so that dust and garbage do not get inside the node or cylinder of the motor;
- Next, you need to unscrew the screws of the carburetor diaphragm, remove its lid and rinse the internal cavity with an aerosol cleaner;
- After that, you need to dismantle the fuel filter of preliminary thin cleaning, as well as disassemble the part of the node to which the fuel is summed up. All the internal details of the carburetor must be thoroughly washed with an aerosol cleaner. If the first cleaning did not bring the result, then the flushing should be repeated.
To clean the node from severe pollution, it is best to use a tool that is delivered on sale in cylinders under pressure. Included with the cleaner, there is a dispenser and a long thin tube, which makes it possible to spray the product in any inaccessible places.
It must be remembered that cleaning the carburetor on the chainsaw is performed using flammable chemicals. You need to work with them in a special protective mask and only in well.Ventilated rooms.
To clean the carburetor on the chainsaw, the knot will need to be partially disassembled. Throttle, adjusting screws, housing and other parts of the carburetor will need to be washed with a core with a cylinder and postponed until completely dry. As soon as all the elements dry, the node can be assembled and installed back on the chainsaw.
Gasoline does not enter the carburetor of the chainsaw. Methods of repair
Any chainsaw is equipped with a two.Stroke single.Cylinder carburetor engine. Early models of chainsaws were equipped with contact ignition, but now almost all manufacturers use electronic ignition, so you do not need to constantly clean contacts and adjust the gap between them.
How to Fix a Chainsaw Carburetor
Fuel.Air mixture for the engine is mixed in a carburetor. With the help of a special damper, you can manually lay down or enrich the fuel mixture for a specific goal. For example, for a saw of solid wood.
Both engine service and chainsaw performance directly depend on the working technical condition of the carburetor. Let us consider in more detail how the carburetor of the chainsaw works.
How To Adjust Chainsaw Carburetor | Troubleshooting Chainsaw Starting Problems
Most often, the standard cause of this common breakdown is the formation of blockage in the fuel fuel filter or tubes responsible for the stable supply of fuel to the factory metal cylinder. Every third Chinese benzo tool regularly suffers from these clogs. This is due to the low quality of built.In filters and tubes, which are equipped with inexpensive Chinese chainsaws.
The repair of the malfunction is reduced to the removal and flushing of contaminated parts.
- Remove the lid of the plastic file of the saw;
- Clean the space under it and start dismantling hoses and filters. The tubes are attached to the output fittings using clamps. To disconnect the hoses without damaging them, you need to weaken and remove the clamps. After this, the tube will need to be blown with compressed air and rinse with clean gasoline;
- To dismantle the filter, you must first remove it from the factory corps. After that, the element will need to be placed in a container with clean gasoline. After a day, the filter can be extracted and give him time to dry;
- After washing, all parts must be carefully installed and fixed in a regular place in a carburetor.
This cleaning scheme will help to thoroughly rinse the most vulnerable elements of the fuel system without the need to disassemble the entire carburetor.
If the fuel does not enter the standard camera, then this can talk about several breakdowns at once. First of all, you will need to check the air and fuel filter. With prolonged operation of the saw, these elements absorb a large amount of dust, which further prevents the sewing of clean air and fuel. The weakly pinched filter can be cleaned with gasoline, but if the part is clogged with a lot of dust, then it will need to be replaced.
Another cause of the malfunction is the needle. This detail is characterized by sticking, especially in a chinese.Made chainsaw. To eliminate the malfunction, in most cases it will be quite simple to move the needle.
If the fuel does not enter the chamber, then the owner of the saw should examine the tools of the tool. After several months of using the tool, these parts lose their tightness. Over time, they begin to skip gasoline, as a result of which the tool ceases to start. Repair is carried out by replacing the oil seals.
When starting a saw, an important role is played by a sapun. It is near the saw cover cover, and performs 2 tasks at once. It maintains optimal air pressure, and does not allow me to flow out. To check the saapun, you will need to turn off the pipe for supplying fuel and see how intensely the gasoline flows out. If it does not follow at all, then the full.Time sapun is clogged with garbage and dirt. In this case, you will need to clean the element and install it in place.
If the fuel does not enter the camera, then you need to check the fuel highway. Most often, a Chinese hose is used to equip the budget class tool, which eventually loses its tightness. In this case, you will need to replace the highway, paying special attention to the tightness of the joints of the channel.
How to clean a carburetor on a chainsaw?
Rinse the chainsaw carburetor is required in cases where poor.Quality fuel is used to refuel the tool, or the tool is used at extremely low temperatures. In the process, you need to try not to damage and not lose small details of the node. Carburetor cleaning is performed in this order:
- Unscrew the screws holding the carburetor body;
- Open the lid, remove the small parts of the node and put them on a towel;
- Carefully process the walls of the case and all available parts with compressed air from the spray can;
- If the carcass remains on the details, then wipe them with a rag moistened with a degreaser;
- Dry the case and parts;
- Collect and install a carburetor on a chainsaw.
After cleaning the carburetor with your own hands, you will notice that the chainsaw motor will work much more stable and much faster to gain speed.
How to adjust the carburetor on a chainsaw correctly?
To configure the node, install the tool on a solid even surface. It is best to regulate the gasopyle carburetor in a place protected from dust and moisture.
The process of setting up the node should look as follows:
- First you need to unscrew the fasteners and remove the protective file of the saw. This will allow you to inspect the carburetor and, if necessary, clean it;
- Next, you need to extract the standard tool air filter. If the saw is equipped with an additional foam insert, then it also needs to be removed;
- After that, you need a screwdriver, which needs to tighten the bolts with the labeling h and l clockwise until it stops. You need to do this very carefully so as not to break the bolts;
- Then both screws should be unscrewed by 1.5 turns in the opposite direction;
- Next, you need to start the chainsaw motor and let it work for about 7 minutes;
- As soon as the motor cylinder heats up, you will need to start turning the Bolt B to the moment until the ICE becomes at maximum speeds. Immediately after this, the bolt must be turned into 1/4 turnover in the opposite direction;
- Then you need to configure the operation of the motor at high speeds. To do this, you need to connect an electronic tachometer to the engine, and start turning the bolt H until the indicators on the device’s board coincide with the instructions for the recommended maximum speeds in the instructions for the saw;
- At the end, it remains to set up the work of the internal combustion engine at idle. To do this, you will need to slowly twist the t bolt against the watch arrow until the engine becomes stable and without failures. If the motor began to stall, then the bolt t should turn in the direction of the watch arrow.
To configure the carburetor on the chainsaw, you should work as accurately as possible with adjusting bolts. Excessive twisting of the screws will lead to an increased load on the engine and other important nodes of the garden tool.
Features of the device of the carburetor of the Chinese chainsaw
Their design and parameters differ, depending on the chainsaw of which power and model they are designed. All of them are practically identical to the original carburetors in design, but not always in quality. Today all Chinese products cannot be considered 100% trash. In turn, in quality, they can conditionally be divided into three groups:
- Poor.Quality. Inappropriate alloys are used, which oxidize, crumble and break. There is no accuracy of fitting, calibrated holes do not correspond to the required values, which leads to an overexposure or lack of fuel in the combustion chamber. Responsible details quickly fail. Plastic parts quickly rude or vice versa, soften from gasoline and stop working. The axes and wire rods are bent, the threads of the mounts break down. Such products are cheaper than all. They are made in semi.Custody, on adapted equipment. As a rule, they do not have the name and marking.
- Carburetors of medium.Sized quality. These are factory assembly products. They do not save on alloy, stream production with quality control has been established. These are quite efficient carburetors, which can have even more service life than the entire chainsaw.
- High.Quality carburetors. First of all, these are products of world manufacturers whose capacities are located on the territory of the PRC. According to geography, they can be considered Chinese, but they are made according to the technology of the company. The owner of the brand, which values its reputation. For example, in the PRC, Japanese carburetors are produced Walbro.
In addition, among Chinese manufacturers, those who relieve high quality appeared. They invest in powerful production, register their own brand and work for its reputation.
Carburetor chainsaw repair. Partner 350 carburetor setup with your own hands
Before starting adjustment, it is necessary to clean the main fuel node from dust and dirt. To do this, you can use a compressor with compressed air or a carpentry brush.
For setting up the carburetor, holes are provided on the left side of the power unit, however, for the convenience of determining their position, experts recommend dismantling a protective plastic casing. First, to the stop clockwise, we tighten the screws of the quantity and quality of the fuel, loosening them after 1/5 ¼ turn.
Partner 350 chain carburerator with settings screws
With a dismantled lid, you need to know that the quality of the fuel mixture is located on the right and, accordingly, the screw for adjusting the amount of gasoline is located on the left. For convenience, on the carburetor housing under the bolts, marking is applied:
- “L”. A screw of the amount of fuel (adjustment at low speeds);
- “H”. A screw of the amount of the mixture (setting at maximum revolutions);
- “T”. A bolt of idle settings.
It must be remembered that the adjustment of the Partner 350 chainsaw carburetor should be carried out on a heated engine. At high temperatures, the metal expands linearly, as a result of which the throughput of the channels increases.
As soon as the cylinder becomes a warm “L” screw until the ICE gives out the maximum turnover of the crankshaft. After twist it by a quarter of turn.
It is worth noting that in this position, the screw of the amount of supply of the mixture should support the operation of the motor at idle. If such a setting is not enough, then boldly twist the “t” bolt to stable engine operation.
Using the “H” screw, we adjust the work of the Partner chainsaw at maximum speed.