How to properly sharpen a circular saw disc and at what angle
The use of disc saws is especially common in construction. Most of the work needs to conduct cuts and change the shapes and sizes of finished materials. The circular saw helps to cope with such tasks quickly and get a qualitative result. But the tool is not able to serve forever, sooner or later it can swell. It is for this that it is necessary to know exactly how the teeth for a saw in domestic conditions can be flooded.
Checking a disco for wear is an important question that should be paid to special attention. Deep damage leads to the inability to sharpen a circle. There are three main features by which you can understand that the saw needs to be sharpened or replaced:
- Strong heating of a protective casing and smoke formation. The circular saw has a special casing, which signals that the saw was dull by heating. In particularly difficult situations, smoke may appear from it.
- Sometimes a saw device involves a mechanical feed (if you need to control the pressure force with your own hand). In such a situation, wear can be seen if the pressure has to strengthen.
- If when sawing wood on the workpiece, a fog and a strong unpleasant smell form.
All situations that are described above tell the user that it is time to hide the device.
How to determine the wear of a disc saw?
All the qualities of a disc saw are available only with timely sharpening of teeth. A dull disk spoils the material, increases the wear of the drive mechanisms of the saw, increases the risk of injury when working. There are signs of a dull, with which it is urgent to sharpen circular saws:
- To promote the workpiece during the cut, a lot of effort is required
- Chips, cracks appear on the cut
- The drive engine is heated greatly when operating
- The smell of burnt material is heard
- On the edge of the saw, dark traces of overheating are visible
In addition, the severity of the teeth can be checked tactilely and using a magnifying glass. The radius of rounding of the cutting edge should be in the range of 0.1-0.2 mm. When sawing the workpieces of a large thickness, not only the main working edge, but also the side are subjected to wear.
How to determine the need to sharpen, wear and decide to sharpen or throw out
The working surface of the disk is the teeth of a certain cutting configuration. Since the disk is a consumable element of the saw, the cutting properties of the teeth are reduced with the executed volumes of work, the sharpening comes into an unsatisfactory state.
Subsequent reasons indicate that incisors need operational sharpening:
- It is necessary to increase the pressure of the disk to the surface of the wood rock for cutting and creating a cut.
- Smoke arises from under the protective casing, the smell of glowing woods is felt.
- The protective casing is very heated.
- Small sawdust.
Fundamentally! The smell of Gary indicates that the teeth do not saw the wood rock, but cut. This leads to an even greater deterioration of the properties of the incisors.
Due to these reasons, subsequent bad consequences for a manual circular saw occur:
As a result, this will lead to the failure of the device.
A special machine
Circular saw cutting machines are complex engineering and technical devices, which are equipped with devices to be equipped with automatic electronics.
These machines make it possible to make a more effective restoration of cutting edges in compliance with all suitable configurations. The effectiveness of the machines is explained by subsequent aspects:
- The ability to automate the sharpening process.
- Preservation of sharpening angle characteristics for each cutter.
- All incisors are hidden identical with low error.
- The possibility of complete restoration and restoration.
For sharpening on the machine, the saw disk is placed in a special caliper and fixed.
How to sharpen a disc for circular
Sharpowing characteristics are selected, which are provided by special mechanisms for the inclination of the sharpened disk or tilt of the sharpening disk in the machine.
The sharpened disk is placed in the work area of the device.
The machine is launched, and the sharpening is done in automatic mode.
Sharpening carbide tipped circular saw blades
Details and aspects of independent production of the machine for sharpening the circular disk can be found out from the video annotation.
Special machines for pulling the saw edges are occasionally used in household criteria, since their price is high. Therefore, in the absence of such an adaptation, you can cope with sharpening with improvised devices, for example, corner grinder. With all this, it is forbidden to hold a circle in his hands, not fixing it with anything. In an unpleasant case, it will not be possible to achieve a sufficient cut angle for upcoming work with the material.
To reliably fix the circle in the right position, use a flat stand.
- The surface of the stand coincides with the level of the axis of the sharpening disk;
- On it, the gear circle is placed with such a macar so that the plane of the hidden becomes a perpendicular canvas of the saw;
- The design of the device is supplemented by a rotary joint.
The stand will help to comfortably arrange the saw disk for processing relative to abrasive material. A clear markup is carried out before work. A color marker is used for this. They are drawn by a mowing fishing line that will make it possible to sharpen an element at the required angle. The vice help to reliably fix the disk on the surface.
It is possible to sharpen the tool with your own hands (if it does not have a winning coating) you can at home yourself. And also in such cases you can use a simple machine on which you can successfully sharpen any edges. It is very important to choose a circle correctly.
For sawing wood, a specialized power tool is used, as well as gear wheels that are blunting over time and cannot cope with the fulfillment of their tasks. In order not to buy a new cutting nozzle, the discs for the circular saw with your own hands are sharpened. The principle of sharpening is not difficult, and everyone can cope with this if you own the instructions for the implementation of this process.
You can use a sawing machine for saws or improvised devices.
There are three main sharpening methods, where a certain device is used, and the rules for processing the discs are observed. Which of them is the most correct is difficult to say. Having tested each methodology, you can draw certain conclusions for yourself.
This sharpening technique has been used for a long time, which is why it got its name.
- Sharpening begins with the rear surface of the disk.
- The front part of the material during cutting remains in its constant position.
- Processing can be carried out directly on a disk saw or removed a saw circle by installing it in a vice.
- If you pull on the circular, be sure to turn off the machine from power.
- To fix the disk, use a pair of bars that will fix the circle like a wedge. The bars should be tightly pressed to the product in order to prevent its movement when turning.
- Floomer, apply a label to the first tooth with which you will start.
- Perform a certain number of movements on the first tooth with a sharpener. Remember their number.
- For all subsequent teeth, repeat similar in terms of quantity and intensity of movement.
- Upon completion of sharpening, be sure to check the operability of updated saws. If there is no extraneous noise, vibrations and a disk machine behave stably, you managed to correctly do the work.
Alternative sharpening methods include those two methods that we described above. They are quite effective, therefore they are often used by masters.
- Full.Profile processing of a saw disk. Among all the methods of turning, this method can be considered the most accurate and high.Quality. This is due to the fact that specialized sharpener machines are used for full.Profile sharpening. A special circle is selected in size and in one approach passes the entire hollow between the disk teeth, while capturing the surface of the neighboring cutting edge. A similar methodology for turning sawing discs avoids the likelihood of tooth deformation circles Circle. The only drawback of the sharpening method is that for processing saws of different profiles it will be necessary to use the corresponding various circles.
- Turning the faces of the teeth. The popularity of this method of turning the tools of circular saws is explained by the fact that it can be used at a professional level and in normal home conditions. If sharpening is carried out using a machine, you will need to purchase the corresponding abrasive circles corresponding to the parameters of your saw discs. But optimal for most owners of circular saws to use the home method of processing. This is due to the fact that it is often not required to carry out a large amount of work, and all processing of the cutting edges is carried out by a file. To effectively sharpen the product, sometimes it is enough to conduct 4-5 movements with high-quality supers. So the teeth will acquire the necessary degree of severity.
Experience is a useful thing, thanks to which you can avoid a number of errors characteristic of beginners
Therefore, paying attention to the advice of experts is very useful if you want to achieve a positive result for yourself when turning a disk saw
- Always use protective glasses. For some reason, many ignore this rule, which is why the masters themselves then suffer. Therefore, before the start of sharpening, be sure to put on all the necessary means of protection;
- Do not try to remove more metal than required. Remove exactly so much to remove all existing cracks, burrs and irregularities;
- During the turning, be sure to hold the disk in a constant position;
- If the disk has not been sharpened for a long time, you will have to remove a larger layer of metal;
- Observe the identity of all teeth in shape and height.
Initially, it seems that sharpening is a technologically complex process. But having received a little experience, you will be able to easily drag circles of disk saws.
Sharpening of saw discs is necessary for any tool used to process wood. It is produced in case of reducing the quality of the sawing and requires compliance with the basic rules, since the literacy of the sharpening of the sharpening also affects the period of operation of the saw.
How to sharpen disk saw with my own hands
The process of building private houses and various buildings will be quite complicated, without the use of a circular saw. It was much better than many for a tree, because it exceeds them in accuracy and cleanliness of the cut.
Due to the fact that this tool is actively operated, it wear out quite quickly, and therefore sharpening disk saws with your own hands becomes extremely necessary.
What will be needed to sharpen the discs of the circular saw
First of all, it is necessary to prepare the appropriate components that will allow you to properly sharpen the saw disk on the tree. It is important to provide the presence of the following tools:
How to understand that it is time to sharpen a disc saw
Sharpening of a disc saw should only be carried out if the corresponding need occurs in this. You can recognize the onset of such a moment by two clear signs. In particular, conducting urgent sharpening of a disk saw on wood is necessary:
- With the regular occurrence of severe heating on the safety cover of the saw in the electric motor. In some cases, with this increase in temperature indicators, smoke is released under the casing.
- With strong pressure on the tool to obtain a good saw in the process of processing the material.
- If dark marks appear, traces of soot on wood and a characteristic smell of burning wood. This arises due to the fact that the teeth drank blunt.
Varieties of sharpening cutting teeth
For a better understanding of how to sharpen disk saws, you need to study the features and structure of those parts of the tool through which the material is sawing. Cutting teeth are the main element involved in sawing wood.
They are made of carbide metal. The cutting teeth consist of 4 working flat surfaces: the front (a), the posterior (b) and two lateral planes (c), which have an auxiliary role. Through one main (1) and two additional (2 and 3) cutting edges, the intersection lines form, each indicated working plane.
Depending on its configuration, the disc saw can have various types of cutting teeth:
- Direct type of teeth. Often used for accelerated prophy. Do not have the ideal quality of the saw.
- Mowed (oblique) type of teeth. Have a characteristic corner cut on the right and left rear surfaces. In some cases, the discs have teeth with a different side of the bevel that alternate throughout the saw of the saw. Using such discs, you can saw wood, wood-bruise and various plastic. A large bevel angle provides high.Quality cut without chip on the cutting edge.
- Trapezoidal type of teeth. The cross section of the cutting surfaces has a trapezoidal form. This configuration allows you to work without blunting for a long period of time. Often the disk has straight teeth that alternate with trapezoidal. In such cases, the trapezoidal element plays the main role in black sawing, while with the help of direct type of teeth, cleaning processing is performed.
- The conical type of teeth. They have a cone.Shaped look. As a rule, they perform an auxiliary function for preliminary incisions on the laminate. The conical type of teeth is processed by the specified flooring. Such a saw allows you to prevent chips on the material, as often happens when using the main saw.
The principle and angle of sharpening of the discs for the circular saw
The working part of the circular saw is pulled on 4 main angles of sharpening. They belong to the main technical parameters of the cutting disk, as well as the type of shape of cutting teeth.
It is worth noting that all the teeth of the circular saw are characterized by the front (γ), the rear (α) corners, as well as the angle of cutting of the front and posterior surface (ε1 and ε2). The value of each indicated angle must correspond to the purpose of the sawing devices, the sawed materials and the direction of sawing.
In particular, the saw for the longitudinal saw is sharpened at rather large front angles (15 °. 25 °).
Plantings of the front angles for transverse types of cut are in the limit of 5 °. 10 °. Universal options used for processing materials in all types of direction are standardly pulled under 15 °.
Over, the fact that the cut objects possess the firmness of the indicated angle is also influenced. Their value has a strict dependence: with a greater hardness of the material, which is subjected to the cut, the cutting teeth should be less pointed.
According to the main principle of sharpening of teeth on a carbide saw disk, it is important to consider that during prolonged operation the most significant wear processes occur on the upper cutting edges. As a result, with intensive use of their lines can be rounded to 0.3 mm or more. Regarding the planes of the teeth, it is worth noting that the greatest wear occurs on the front surfaces.
With proper sharpening of the cutting element, such forms of cutting edges should be provided, in which the radius of their rounding will not exceed the value of 0.2 mm. In this regard, it is recommended to perform parallel grinding of the metal on the front and rear planes of the teeth. The use of this method is considered the most appropriate. It is possible to sharpen only one front plane, but in such cases more time costs are required to perform this operation. In addition, there will be a faster grinding of the teeth, since it becomes necessary to grind a larger layer of metal from the front surfaces.
The standard layer for growing metal is a value of 0.05-0.15 mm.
How To Sharpen Chisels By Hand. Like a Pro !
How to sharpen a disc saw with your own hands
You can sharpen the saw at home completely independently. For these purposes, there is no need to visit the workshop to use a specialized tochline machine or purchase it. It is quite expensive, and for sharpening it is used in rare cases, unless of course you plan to use it for major production purposes.
Correct work with a circular saw
How to dissolve the board with a manual circular? Before cutting the boards on the circular, you need to familiarize yourself with the rules regarding operation and safety. This tool is considered dangerous, therefore, during sawing, they should be strictly observed. When performing sawing, the depth must be set 2 mm more than the thickness of the material. With a larger size, a countertop may be damaged, it will become impossible to work on it.
Before starting to work, the prepared material is carefully inspected. It should not have screws, nails, dried concrete and other obstacles. If the disk comes across them, it can jam or a sawdust breakdown.
The insertion into the wood is performed at high speeds, so the workpiece is slightly cut. It is forbidden to work with the material that is in a limited state. The workpiece should lie on a flat desktop and be fixed. She should not move with the circular. During operation, the tool must be kept tight. It is impossible to allow him to wag to the sides.
So that the canvas inadvertently does not go to the side, you should use a disk saw in which there is a guide tire. Before you dissolve the boards with a circular, you should familiarize yourself with the functions available in the tool.
How to determine wear?
A decrease in the quality of the cutting element is largely associated with a decrease in the severity of its teeth. Sharpening of discs for a circular saw should be carried out in a timely manner, before deep damage to the restoration of it is impossible. Determining signs of wear is a task that requires special attention from the master.
Sharpening must be done if the tool behaves in a special way.
- Heated strongly, smoke. Dumb saw disk increases the intensity of the load that falls on the engine. When overheating, it begins to intensively release heat, smoke, can completely fail.
- Requires to increase pressure. This feature applies mainly to models with a mechanical type of material presentation. If you have to make more efforts when sawing than usual, it is worth checking the severity of the cutting disk.
- Leaves on the workpieces of soot, oil, specific unpleasant odor.
All technique that provides sharpening has one principle of work. Differences are present only in equipment performance.
The tool includes an abrasive circle, as well as grinding material.
Using machines to sharpen the teeth provides a number of advantages:
- The ability to adhere to a given angle;
- Increases the effectiveness of production operations and their speed;
- There is an opportunity to apply a variety of discs.
With the help of a machine, you can even work with coatings made of hard alloys. The granularity of the sharpening disk varies. As an example, we can say that if the diameter is 126 mm, then the speed of revolutions can be 2300 revolutions per minute.
The speed of rotation of the disk can deviate within 510-720 revolutions per minute, it all depends on which brittle coefficient has a disk.
It depends on the functionality of the installation whether the workpiece or spindle will move. The movement of the entire device is also possible.
The angle of inclination can be frozen with the help of a pendulum angler, some units have a built.In scale to determine the angle of inclination of the teeth.
The teeth, as a rule, are dragged first from the front, then from the rear.
A lot depends on the TTX of the abrasive, they should be focused on special attention