Is it necessary to sharpen the mills of the cultivator. What is a cultivator and why it is needed
First you need to figure out what the cultivator is. How it is arranged and what is needed for. So, this is a type of compact agricultural machinery designed for prerequisite soil preparation. It allows you to plow, loosen and hill the ground, as well as decorate the furrows and carry out harrowing. This unit allows you to greatly facilitate agricultural work in a summer cottage or personal plot.
The motor.Cultivator is able to work where there is no access of full.Sized technique
Cultivators according to the type of mechanism are divided into groups:
- Mechanical manual. Used as additional equipment for more serious technology. They loosen the soil to a depth of not more than 5 cm and remove only weak, located on the surface, weeds;
- Electric. Light, maneuverable equipment that is used in limited land plots. The disadvantage is to work from an electric cord;
- Battery. This type of agricultural equipment is a combination of all the advantages of electrical counterparts with autonomy. They are heavier, but at the same time, mobile and safe;
- Gasoline. This technique is characterized by power, performance and greater weight. A good option for processing vast land plots.
A gasoline engine motor
Cultivators of any type consist of such basic elements as frame, control levers, engine, rotor, wheels and cultivation devices (cutters).
Frases are the main working element that directly performs the work itself on the cultivation of the Earth. Therefore, so much depends on the quality.
A sharp part makes a slot in the ground, making a turn and rising upstairs. The shoulder blade picks up and raises part of the earth. Thus, the Earth is loosened, mixed and aerated (saturated with air), which is all together with the main task when cultivating (cultivating) of the Earth.
Along the way, the blade either cuts the roots of weeds, or clings them and pulls them out. In any case, the growth of perennial weeds of root propagation for a while is violated.
Lucas Mill tips and tricks. Part 4.Sharpening the swing blade
The design of the walk.Behind tractor
Before assembling the cutter begins, you need to figure out what the motor cultivator is and what is included in it. The upper part of the frame is usually welded. The fuel tank, engine are installed here. Fastening is carried out on brackets. The engine itself, or power unit, is equipped with a clutch and gearbox. Its power can be different, it all depends on the type and purpose of the motor.Cultivator.
Cutters are a scheme of 2 blocks, each has 12 separate mills. For each block, 3 separate nodes with 4 knives are used, which are mounted at an angle of 90 °. The position of the nodes has a displacement of 30 °. For the manufacture of one knife, a steel sheet is used, the thickness of which is 5 mm.
The stand is made of a metal corner of 6340 mm. The knives are attached to the rack, the second end is welded to the flange to combine 4 knives into one structure. The whole mill is connected by bolts, washers, flanges. The design is reliable, it is able to withstand significant loads.
Paddy and rice processing mills, paddy mill, rice mill, paddy machine, rice milling machine
If it is planned to constant use of this equipment, then you need to prefer only factory options.
Factory cutters with saber.Shaped knives
Those who begin to use motoblocks ask the question: which knives are best to take? Types of motor cultivators can conditionally be combined into 2 large groups:
Sable.Shaped mills are as suitable for all types of work.
The saber.Shaped form of the milling plant is the most popular, it is precisely such schemes that are called standard. They are effective, the effectiveness of using this particular type has been proved for decades. Often the motor cultivators with which the cutters in the kit are in the set have a saber.Shaped shape.
It is as suitable for any type of work. The advantages that have saber.Shaped mills are obvious. The shape of the knives is optimal. They are suitable for performing various types of work. For the manufacture of knives, only carbon high.Quality steel is used, the strength of which is high.
Sable.Shaped mills have a collapsible design, which makes their installation and maintenance simple and effective. The steel from which the knives are made is completely not susceptible to welding work. To improve the mechanical properties of the product, the so.Called thermal tower is used during production. Steel for strength is treated with high.Frequency currents.
Factory cutters “Goose paws”
Not so long ago, mills began to be used for motoblocks, which were called “goose paws”. They have proven themselves well, are most often used to process solid and complex soils.
It is such cutters that are used when cultivation should be carried out in difficult conditions, on rocky soils. The design of the “goose legs” is made continuous, which provides the highest indicators of the strength of the equipment.
Mills are available in standard sizes:
- Knives width is 41 cm;
- The length of the knives is 38 cm;
- Structure height. 38 cm;
- The mass of the cutter is 16 kg;
- The permissible operating speed of a motor cultivator with such knives is 2-5 km/h.
What are the pluses of the “Goose legs” cutters, is it possible to install it on your own? It is convenient for soil processing, weed fighting. The remaining models will not be able to cope with work better.
For rocky and solid soils, the “Goose legs” cutters are simply indispensable. Of the advantages, it should be noted that the steel of cutters in this case is welded.
If necessary, you can carry out repairs at home, and not buy new knives, as it is costly.
The cutter of this type also has disadvantages. The main drawback is that ordinary carbon steel is used for manufacturing. The strength of the design itself is at a high level, but the material loses a little other varieties.
Such a milling cutter should be regularly inspected when work is carried out on clay soils, with the cultivation of virgin lands. Knizes knives can be curved or simply broken.
However, the repair is not too complicated, a welding machine is usually used for a broken knife, after which the fracture is thoroughly polished.
When assembling the circuit, you should work together, since the weight of the design is significant. It is important not to confuse the direction of installation of knives on the axis. When assembling, sharpening should look towards the processed soil. To strengthen the cutter, use a lock, it is placed on the output axis.
Cutter assembly scheme
The photo 1 is well visible design, mill features. The scheme is simple, but before you start using the equipment, you should carefully familiarize yourself with it.
The design of the cutter includes elements such as:
- The rotor axis, which can have a different length (it can be one or divided into 2 parts, t. E. The mill will be collected from 2 parts);
- Short rotary axis;
- The so.Called finger equipped with a fixer;
- Right and left knives;
- Nuts, bolts, washers that are necessary for fastening the entire structure.
Direction of rotation. Counterclockwise. Soil mills of any type are self.Shaping tools, there is no need to use additional sharpening. You should not use sharpening without need, it can ruin the structure.
During the installation of cutters, difficulties may arise, such work is not recommended to carry out such work.
For assembly, special X-shaped goats made of wood are used, the height of which is about 50 cm. This allows you to quickly and easily put the wheels on the design.
Before assembling, the uniform tractor should be carefully covered on a snuffle, and then tilted to about 45 °. Bit goats are usually boards that are lost among themselves in the middle part in the X-shaped position, substituted under the existing steering handle. After that, the wheelchass wheel is removed, cutters of the selected size are placed.
Is it necessary to sharpen?
There is no unequivocal answer to the question of whether to sharpen the knife, no. The gardeners have their own opinion, but it is contradictory. According to their opinion, the need for sharpening may depend on the type of processed soil. For example, if the soil is sandy or toyan, you can not sharpen a cultivator knife. If they are cultivated by the target, you can repeat more than once about the need to sharpen blades. As for the opinions of manufacturers, it clearly indicates that the sharpening of cutters is not needed.
Experts note that the sharpening of the milling is accompanied by crushing weed grass. This contributes to their enhanced vegetative propagation, and also needs to disassemble knives.
Of course, the unit will work more efficiently for two or three hours, but then the blades will again need to be disassembled and imprisoned. And this will require compliance with the rules of assembly, because after sharpening it will have to be correctly assembled by the working unit, and this may not every gardener. As for a heavy motor.Cultivator with fairly powerful cutters, there is no need to drag. In addition to the fact that it will take a lot of effort and time, the user will practically not feel the effect.
Modoculture mills. Types, manufacture, video
Frases are a key working tool of a cultivator. They loosen, weed and prepare the soil for planting. On mechanical models, as well as on units of superly and light category, cutters are used as the only functional part.
Types of milling plants
If you choose the right mill, you can not buy a plow. When milling, it is very easy to control the cultivator, there is no large load on the operator. Mills are selected for the cultivator depending on the power of the technique and the type of soil soil.
Three main types of soil are distinguished:
- Factory. They are equipped with most machines. They are collected and disassembled. Axis with welded plates and attached saber.Shaped knives. Two or three identical sections are connected by bolts. The width of cultivation depends on their number. Factory cutters will cope with pre.Treated areas;
- Goose legs. The design is non.Devastated. The number of sections is selected for itself. With the help of such milling soils are processed, plant residues are interrupted. Reduced load on the gearbox. The cultivator is easy to control. The “Goose legs” milling cutters are great for equipment with air cooling system;
- Virgin lands. The milling cutter is perfect for processing virgin lands, plowing the soil at a great depth, loosening the soil. The design is reliable and durable.
Often the factory cutter is not enough. To increase productivity, reduce the load on the equipment and saving time, it is worth buying “goose legs”. For severe development of virgin lands, soil cutters of “virgin lands” are more suitable.
How to make cutters for a motor.Cultivator with your own hands?
Soilines do not have a complex design. Before the independent manufacture of the device, you need to pay attention to store analogues to evaluate the features of the design and manufacture effective inventory.
Drawings with the exact dimensions indicated by details, alternately and connection options are necessary. The required materials are prepared. If there are figured details, they should first be ordered from the master. Teeth should be located on the same principle as on store products.
All work should be performed as correctly as possible to increase the performance of the awnings. The incorrectly assembled design will pull the motor.Cultivator in one direction.
Saber cutters belong to the safest. Knives, transversely, are alternately plunged into the ground, without jerks.
You need to prepare such materials and tools:
- Metal pipes with a diameter of up to 420 millimeters;
- Sharp parts for knives;
- Corner grinder;
The process of creating an active cutter:
- The blades are adjusted in size and bend at a certain angle in one direction;
- Blades are welded to the pipe from different sides;
- It is better to first sharpen the blades behind the movement;
- The finished device is installed on the coupling.
Experts say that the optimal diameter of the milling cutter up to 50 centimeters. In this case, the equipment will be immersed to a depth of 26 centimeters with a width of the coverage of one meter. Such parameters are enough for high.Quality plowing soil.
To extend the period of use of homemade mills, you should follow the rules of operation of equipment:
- When starting the motor, the knives must be placed above the ground;
- The engine switches from idle, and the blades are gradually dropped to start plowing;
- Sharpening should be carried out as often as possible for better soil processing.
Cultivator cutter assembly process
There are two forms of knives:
- Sharpened. “Petals” easily enter the soil without adhesion to the surface. Thus, the load on the motor decreases and the consumption of fuel mixtures is reduced. But with sharp blades you can not completely remove weeds, soon they germinate again. With such canopies you need to work carefully so as not to damage the plants for your own safety;
- With a semicircular edge. Differ in safety during operation. But when loosening, there is a greater resistance, soilofors are more often stuck. With weeds, such knives for the cultivator do more effectively.
There are two ways to fasten the “petals”:
- On the rivets. The element is unlimited. In this case, it is not very convenient to store and transport the device;
- On the bolts. The part is disassembled.
In order to collect the cutter to the motor.Cultivator, it is important to observe the direction. The sharpened part of the “petal” must be placed in the course of the movement of the machine.
The number of sections is equal to fixing plates: with their same location, only three elements are possible to install. If they shift, four to six sections should be attached. Knives need to be previously labeled.
How is the soil.Grade gathering?
- When installing a three.Shred mill, the first knife is fixed on the plate. At first you do not need to completely tighten the bolt. The two remaining knives are fixed on the opposite side of the plate;
- The right and left knives are alternately attached to a four.Shred and six.Shred mill. It is worthwhile to divide the “petals” into right and left;
- If necessary, the additional section is mounted with a pin;
- The design is fixed with bolts as hard as possible;
- At the end, a protective disk is fixed on the shaft to protect plants from damage.
Sharpening of a home.Made cutter
Do.It.Yourself soil.Graders must be sharpened. To do this, you need an angular grinder with a diamond circle, the diameter of which is 125 millimeters. Current machine is difficult to use due to the size and direction of the bending of knives. Small knives can be sharpened with fine.Grained sandpaper.
Is it possible to sharpen mills. Is it necessary to sharpen mills for the cultivator
Having dealt with the cultivator and types of milling plants for him, let’s move on to the consideration of the main issue, which is devoted to this article, namely, it is possible and whether it is possible and whether such a working element of equipment as a knife should be sharpened. The bulk of domestic agricultural manufacturers uses mill cutters located in the Smolensk region. For their manufacture, fake steel is used, the cutting edge of the knives is processed with high.Frequency currents. Cutters are attached to the flange with bolts, since this material is poorly welded to welding. This moment suggests that in the welded cutters of most Chinese firms, not very high quality metal is used.
Good fecal steel does not tolerate welded joints, only bolted
When creating the working edge of the cutter, its melting and rapid cooling occurs, as a result, it looks uneven and a little resembles a knife canvas. What can be seen with a strong increase. In the process of work, the steel blade does not die, but crumbles, which leads to the formation of deeper teeth of the “saw”. Many call such cutters self.Shaping, although this definition is not entirely accurate.
Now, with regard to whether it is necessary to sharpen the mills and how to do it at home. If you sharpen the “corner grinder” or on a sharpener. Then it turns out overheating of the metal, and therefore, the violation of its structure and loss of strength. As a result, cutters will stupor faster, and this is at best, and at worst. Knives may begin to collapse and you will have to buy new.
From the sharpening of the cutter using the “angular grinder”, the metal is overheated
Planting cutters can only be performed on a high.Temperature hound, and such equipment is unlikely to be in every farm. And there is no need to grab a file that will help remove small pins and make the edge even. As a result, this will lead to the formation of an even greater chip or breakdown of the knife when it enters the stone during the cultivation of the soil. If Zazubin appeared on the mill, then just continue to work further. You will see that after a while it will disappear.
Is it necessary to sharpen mills on a single tractor. Why you cannot sharpen saber mills for cultivators
In fact, everything is simple. Most domestic manufacturers purchase knives at the same factory in the Smolensk region, where knives are created from fake steel with the treatment of cutting edges of high frequency currents.
Please note that domestic cutters are always installed on the cultivator flange using bolts. This is due to the fact that fecal steel is poorly welded to welding. So you can understand that many Chinese mills in welding are made of metal in quality, worse than domestic.
Sable mills that have seen soil kilometers
The process of creating such an edge is accompanied by the melting of the edge of the blade and its rapid cooling. As a result, the blade of the knife under the increase will look uneven and resemble the saw.
When working in the ground and constant blows on the stones, reinforcement and so on, the carbide blade does not stupid, but crumbles. Forming deeper teeth “saw”. Therefore, many call such milling cutters to self.Shallowing.
Frankly, in my opinion, this term is not entirely fair. Rather, rolling knives is suitable.
Now to the issue of sharpening at home. You can sharpen motoblock mills with the help of a high.Temperature sharpening machine. If such a device does not lie in the garage, then do not take a file from the shelf !
The file will remove the small teeth, making the knife even, which can lead to a large chip or a break of the knife with subsequent cultivation and getting into the stone.
If Zazubin appeared on the mill, just continue to work for her. See, after a while she will disappear herself.
I hope the article will come in handy. I ask you to like and subscribe to my channel ! It will be especially interesting for amateur gardeners who want to facilitate their work by mechanical assistants.
Interesting hitch ? Learn about other amazing devices for your garden assistant. Here are links to my articles:
Pros and cons of cutters “virgin”
The disadvantages can perhaps include a slower work, but this is not sacred, you won’t accelerate on the virgin lands. As a disadvantage, one can also note that in the process of cultivation, the soil is pushed away from the center to the edge. Not a large groove is formed and the land will require subsequent equalization.
- Better than other existing mills cope with the virgin.
- Great depth of cultivation.
- Perfectly loosening the soil.
- Very reliable and strong design.
So, we can safely conclude that for better processing of your land plot, do not opt for a factory cutter. If you go to increase the productivity, reduce the load on the unoic tractor and save time and effort. We recommend choosing the “Goose legs” cutter. If you have a severe development of a virgin site. Your choice of Grontofrey “virgin”.
Motoboblock milling cutters. Equipment manufacturing procedure
A simple design of cutters for motoblocks allows you to make this kind of device with your own hands. Below we consider the correct procedure for the manufacture of different types of equipment for soil plowing.
How to assemble cutting mills on a single tractor. The manufacture of saber.Shaped equipment
Immediately before the manufacture of saber.Shaped rotor devices, we advise you to study drawings that will tell you the right procedure for assembling equipment.
Any saber.Shaped mill to the walk.Behind tractor consists of two interconnected blocks, each of which has 12 mills. The design of one separate block includes 3 knots, each of which is equipped with 4 cutting knives. The latter, in turn, are located in relation to 30 ° in relation to each other. The assembly of saber.Shaped devices is as follows:
- First, make a rack using a 6.3 × 4 cm corner for this;
- Weld one of the ends to the flange in such a way that then you can combine 4 cutting knives among yourself;
- Combine all the cutting elements of the cutter by means of flanges and bolts with washers.
The rotary milling cutter made in this way has high strength and stability, which will allow you to use it to process soils of any density.
Production of cutters “Goose paws”
Immediately before assembling devices of this type, you need to carefully prepare for work. You will need: you will need:
- Steel pipe, with a diameter of 4.2 cm;
- Steel plates for the manufacture of cutting knives;
- Welding device;
- Corner grinder with a set of disks.
Active cutter of the “Goose legs” type is collected in the following order:
- For the manufacture of cutting elements, you can use the springs from the car. Cut them into the same pieces, and then weld to a steel pipe playing the role of the base;
- Carefully sharpen the edges of the cutting elements and weld to the base used;
- Having assembled the equipment, run it and make the necessary settings. At the same time, keep in mind that after starting the walk.Behind tractor, the knives of the equipment should hang in the air, and not touch the ground.
In order for the “Goose legs” cutter to serve as long as possible, it must be slowly lowered to the ground. Otherwise, the equipment may break.
Independent installation of milling on one.Axle tractor
Self.Installation of equipment on a one.Based tractor is performed exactly the same, both for saber.Shaped mills, and for devices such as “goose legs”.
In any of cases, the procedure is as follows:
- Set the manufactured mills on a special wooden “goat”, about 0.5 m high;
- Gently tilt the one.Axine tractor at an angle of 45 °, and take it on the couch;
- Substitute the “goats” under the handle of the helm of a walk.Behind tractor;
- Dismantle the regular wheels of an agricultural machine, and install homemade mills instead;
- At the left and right end of the milling, securely fix the plates for mills. They will significantly improve the course of the walk.Behind tractor with cutters and make it more smooth and stable.
After performing all these actions, you can proceed to soil processing. During operation, do not forget to monitor the reliability of attaching plates that fix the main and additional milling cutters on the walk.Behind tractor.
Installation of milling on a single tractor
To install cutters on a one.Axic tractor, special wooden goats should be used, the height of which should be about 50 cm. The unit needs to be covered on a couch and tilt at an angle of 45 degrees. Then the wheels are removed from it and mills are worn. Special plates are installed on the outer ends on both sides, which make the unit stroke more smooth and sustainable.
Any soil mills are self.Soothing tools. Sharpening for them is not needed, since it can only ruin the structure. Only in some cases, if you use the cutter for a very long time and see that it has become poorly cultivated by the Earth, you can thread knives.
Soilofrez. An important element of each unit. Homemade properly collected mills can be used on any modern motoblocks, in particular on Neva MB 1 and MB 2, MTZ and others. Such designs will help in the cultivation of land and make agricultural tasks to be a simpler.