Grass trimmer adjustment with their own hands
Many craftsmen use petrolmowers for a long time, and at the same time do not think about the need to adjust the carburetor of the tool. When it is necessary to carry out the adjustment of the carburetor on a petrol or brushcutter? If you ask yourself this question, then for sure you observe changes in the work of the engine not for the better. In order not to guess, and not to miss the moment of the need to adjust the carburetor, you should adhere to the following recommendations about the need for adjustment measures:
- After the engine has passed the running-in. Usually the running-in period lasts for 4-5 liters of fuel
- When the fuel mix in the tank is of a different composition, i.e. the oil type (even its color) and the gasoline brand is changed
- When the weather changes, but it is more important for chain saws, gasoline generators and pumps that are used not only in summer but also in winter
- If the lawn mower has not been used for a long time. Adjustment may be due to the winter break
- When fuel consumption increases
- If you find black carbon on the electrodes of plugs
- If there is no flow of gasoline into the cylinder or poor engine starting
- If there is a large amount of exhaust fumes
- Unstable engine operation, as well as its difficult starting and “sluggish” speed gain
As you can see, there are enough reasons to regulate the carburetor of brushcutters. Usually masters, who work with the tool long enough, by ear detect changes in the work of the motor, which promises the need for an adjustment process. Even if you are not sure of the need for adjustment work, their unscheduled performance is definitely not superfluous.
Stability of operation of any shieldcorise and absence of problems with starting the power unit of such devices is directly dependent on the conditions in which the tool is used, and the quality of maintenance. We are talking about the following basic rules:
- In the process, it is necessary to pay special attention to the cooling system and other elements; we strongly recommend timely and effective cleaning of the channels located on the body of the grasshopper and the starter ribs;
- Various elements, solvents, gasoline, kerosene and other effective means can be used in the processing;
- These works should be carried out after the power unit has completely cooled down;
- It is necessary to fully comply with all the rules defined in the relevant instructions developed by the developers of the tool described, which will avoid overloading in a warm engine, which, in turn, is the most common cause of serious harm;
- All residual fuel in the combustion engine must be completely drained before long breaks in the strimmer; it should be taken into account that the gasoline-oil mixture decomposes rather quickly into so-called heavy fractions, which inevitably clog the carburetor;
- After removing the fuel, you must start the engine and let it run at XX until it stops; in this way, the remaining mixture will be completely removed from the combustion engine.
Particular attention should be paid to preparing the tool for long seasonal storage. This should be done in order to minimize the risk of engine starting problems. Proper preparation includes the following manipulations:
- Completely disassemble the grass trimmer;
- Thoroughly rinse and clean all the elements to which you have access;
- Inspect the parts of the gasoline brush to identify defects (in this case, mechanical damage should be eliminated)
- Pour engine oil into the transmission;
- Carry out a good quality cleaning of the air filter element from clogging;
- Having the appropriate knowledge and practical skills, it is possible to carry out a partial disassembly of the power plant, followed by purging and lubrication of the moving elements;
- Wrap the assembled gasoline band with a pre-lubricated rag.
In addition to all of the above, it is necessary to lubricate the piston group. This algorithm involves such simple manipulations:
- Remove the spark plug;
- Move the piston to top dead center (TDC) with the starter motor;
- Pour a small amount of engine oil into the cylinder;
- Crank the crankshaft several times.
Regardless of the price and brand of the equipment, you must clearly adhere to all the requirements of the relevant instructions and follow the recommendations of the developers and experienced specialists. Today, detailed information on the proper use of such equipment can be easily found on many specialized websites and forums.
Next, see how to identify and fix the reason why a gasoline grass trimmer won’t start.
Why The Grass Trimmer Doesn’t Get Gasoline
What to do if your trimmer’s gasoline tabs don’t start?
Gasoline grass trimmer. surprisingly useful tool with which you can cut not only a miniature lawn in front of the house, but also a whole lawn of considerable size. Unfortunately, nothing in this world is forever, and so you may find that gasoline trimmer tabs don’t start.
It often happens that users of these machines try to “save money” by pouring not fuel with a normal octane number into the tank, but something incomprehensible that has stood in a plastic can for almost a decade.
Main. fuel mixture!
In this case, the remains of plastic dissolved in the corrosive environment create such terrible things in the combustion chamber that you will not be able to do without the complete destruction of the mechanism. But you will surely remember forever how to properly store fuel.
What to do when the fuel was fine, there is a spark, but the gasoline weed trimmer won’t start? You may have just filled the spark plug with gasoline. They need to be taken out, wiped down with a clean rag and dried. By the way, it is not superfluous to check the spark plug for proper operation.
Properly perform a cold start!
Often gasoline fails to start after it has been tested “put into service” after long periods of storage. Failures with starting in this case are often caused by improper actions of the user.
The grass trimmer does not start, REPAIR of the carburetor.
The grass trimmer does not start, what to do?? We conduct an initial inspection and identify obvious malfunctions. Change the gasket
Why the lawn trimmer/gasoline saw won’t start after long storage?
These carburetors differ from the others in that they are sealed and the diaphragms perform all the functions. Simple
If you encounter this phenomenon, you need to close the choke when starting cold, and then pump a small amount of fuel mixture into the carburetor. Then pull the starter handle into a feeling of resistance, then, with a sharp and vigorous motion, start the grass trimmer.
After a few jerks it will start and stop, which is normal. After moving the flap to the working position, start the tool again and start working.
Not only are there situations where gasoline trimmer tabs won’t start, but there are cases where once they start, they run for a couple of seconds and then stop. Reconsider the spark plug: if it is “thrown” and this situation is repeated even after wiping and drying it, proceed to the “revision” of the air filter.
Most likely it is completely greasy and needs to be replaced. If the filter is fine, it is possible that the ignition coil is not working.
In case the gasoline trimmer tabs don’t start, and you’ve done all this, the muffler could be clogged. It must be dismantled, burned on a burner, after which all the carbon can be easily shaken.
And again the carburetor.
Even if your grass trimmer will not start after such abuse, you can not do without disassembling the carburetor. It is quite possible that it is a needle misalignment error. In any case, disassembling and washing this capricious mechanism will certainly not interfere.
In general, when the grass trimmer gets cranky and silly, it is advisable to do a complete preventive maintenance: completely. Try a different oil, and be sure to change the plug. Practice shows that in many cases, poor-quality plugs are to blame.
We have considered the most typical reasons why the grass trimmer does not start. If the case is something more “exotic,” do not pass a trip to the service center. Smaller and more obvious failures that you are sure to find yourself.
The grass trimmer does not start Gasoline Causes Video
What to do when petrol grass trimmers do not start?
Gasoline grass trimmer. a surprisingly useful tool with which you can mow not only a small clearing in front of the house, but also a whole lawn of large sizes. There are several if the grass trimmer does not start or immediately make sure that the candle is not punctured. Unfortunately, nothing is infinite in this world, and so you may encounter the fact that gasoline grass trimmers do not start.
Why the lawn trimmer stalls after starting?
After starting the engine may stall if the carburetor is not properly set or razregulirovaniya it. What are the signs that you can tell that the cause is really there? Very simply, by the vibrations that will be clearly felt when the gasoline mower works. It is possible to carry out adjustment of fuel supply with your own hands, carrying out everything that is written in the instruction manual of the tool.
If there is too much air inlet, the engine could also stall because of a clogged fuel valve or a leak in the fuel system. Fix the problem by cleaning it. If the lawn mower starts and then suddenly stops, the fuel supply to the carburetor is obstructed. Loosen the valves on the carburetor to ensure a free flow of fuel to the carburetor in the right amount.
If there is too much air induction, the engine could also stall. Increase revolutions of the engine so that the air bubbles come out of the fuel system of the machine faster. Also be sure to check the fuel line for continuity. If mechanical damage is detected (cracks, punctures, etc.).п.Check the fuel filter (if it is leaking or clogged), replace it with a new one.
Dry and wet candle what it means and how it affects motor starting
Most tool owners immediately resort to checking the condition of the spark plug contacts. This is done in order to understand from the state of the spark plug what could be the reason for not starting the lawnmower’s engine. From the condition of the spark plug contacts, you can draw appropriate conclusions as to what may be the cause of the malfunction. Diagnose the spark plug on the trimmer in the following order:
- Unscrew the spark plug, and then it is subject to inspection. The electrodes are in perfect condition. if they have brown soot (brick-colored). If the spark plug is wet and has black or white soot on it, it is an indication of proper malfunction
- If the spark plug is wet, there is a portion of unburned fuel in the combustion chamber, which does not need to be drained. Clean and dry the spark plug contacts, then make sure they are in good condition. To do this, connect it to a spark plug, and place it on the surface of the cylinder. Turn the ignition on, and pull the starter grip lightly. In this case, the spark plug should produce a quality and constant spark. If the spark is weak or there is no spark at all, then the spark plug should be replaced
- The grass trimmer may not start due to a large gap between the contacts of the plug. The gap between the electrodes of the spark plug should be between 0.7 and 1 mm. Use special dipsticks for gap setting
This is interesting!Dry the spark plug pins by burning them is categorically contraindicated, as this method will lead to parts damage. If the spark plug has a spark but the weed trimmer will not start, the problem is the fuel mixture in the combustion chamber. To be sure of this, you should perform the following actions:
- Fill a PET bottle or a syringe with 20 grams of fuel
- Pour it into the combustion chamber through the spark plug hole
- Tighten the spark plug
- Put on the candlestick and make the engine start
If the engine of the lawnmower starts after the actions performed, then the cause of the malfunction should be sought directly in the fuel line and carburetor. If the engine does not start even after the performed actions, then it is necessary to check the serviceability of the high-voltage wire. The high-voltage wire, like the spark plug, is a consumable item. If there is a suspicion of a faulty armature wire of the grass trimmer, it should be replaced. If, after the performed actions, it is not possible to make the lawnmower engine start, then it is necessary to take into account the following recommendations:
- If there are doubts about the spark plug and the high-voltage wire, it is recommended to replace them immediately
- Check the serviceability of spark formation, and if there is no spark on the new spark plug, then the breakdown is related to the ignition unit. the coil failure
- The ignition coil is not repaired, but replaced. If indeed the diagnosis indicates a faulty lawnmower ignition coil, then it is not difficult to replace it with your own hands
If there is a spark plug, and at the same time it is dry, and the grass trimmer does not want to start, then proceed to check the next node. air and fuel filters.
This is interesting!If the electrodes of the plugs have a red or pink color, then it indicates that the fuel used contains a large amount of additives. You should refuse such fuel by changing the filling station or brand of gasoline.
complex causes of lawnmower failure
If the step-by-step troubleshooting procedure did not work, and your grasshopper still does not start or stops, it is worth inspecting the carburetor and the engine itself. A clogged carburetor can be one of the causes of erratic tool operation. Three main problems can be identified here:
- Clogged ducts or nozzles. Clean it all with special washes or blown with a powerful jet of compressed air from a compressor. Do not use needles and wire, because the passages may be damaged;
- Wear of the carburettor gasket. Exit. replacement of the failed gasket;
- Breaking the seal. To check this indicator, you can use an ordinary household tonometer, replacing it with a suitable pressure gauge. Watch the readings: if they do not change. everything is fine, and if the pressure begins to fall, then some part of the carburetor is defective. You will have to find it and replace it with a new one.
If everything is okay with the carburetor, the gasoline grass trimmer may not start due to wear of the piston group. If you find chips, scratches or scrapes on the piston or cylinder, they should be replaced. The piston rings should always be checked. A slight play of the piston when rocking the connecting rod is an indication that it is time to change the rings. This procedure is best left to professional service.
To ensure that the purchased grass trimmer is always in good condition, it is necessary to use and store this unit as properly as possible. Manufacturers recommend carefully observing a few elementary rules:
- Only fill the mower‘s tank with high-quality fuel.
- Regularly and timely inspection and adjustment of the main mechanical elements of the device.
- Try to avoid overloading the grass trimmer during operation.
- After each use, check the lawn trimmer for carbon deposits and specific oxidation on the surfaces of the ignition mechanisms.
To keep the grass trimmer always in working order, it is necessary to prepare it for storage in the cold season as much as possible. First of all disassemble the machine in stages and then give the machine a thorough cleaning and gentle washing of all components. Thoroughly inspect the multi-function blocks for any damage. Eliminate deformed parts if necessary.
When storing the lawnmower, fill the gearbox with sufficient oil. The air filter must be necessarily cleaned, and the engine can also be disassembled and flushed. All mechanisms should be thoroughly dried and moving mechanisms should be lubricated with a quality product. To treat the piston system, you should first remove the spark plug. The piston is carefully moved to the extreme position in order to be able to pour a small amount of oil into the spark plug hole and make a smooth cranking of the crankshaft.
If the grass trimmer will be stored until the next season outside the house, then the engine must necessarily be wrapped with an oiled rag. Such an approach allows to avoid development of corrosion on the surface of critical units of the machine.