The STIHL FS 38 is a reliable and functional grass trimmer
When discussing the design and performance features of the world famous manufacturer’s products, special attention should be paid to its main competitive advantages. The advantages of STIHL gasoline grass trimmers, in comparison with electric models, include:
- Dependent on quantity and availability of fuel;
- The comparatively low weight of the grass trimmers;
- the maximum simplicity of the device and operation;
- adapting the power unit for mowing, including dense thickets;
- maneuverability and functionality.
Naturally, it is not without obvious disadvantages, the list of which includes:
- the need to prepare the fuel mixture in accordance with the recommended proportions;
- the risk of engine failure due to poor-quality fuel;
- The need for regular maintenance;
- high noise level.
Among other things, when comparing gasoline and electrified trimmers, you should consider the presence of the latter’s electric motor. Such machines can be operated only if the network connection points are available.
How to correctly change the #cord (trimmer line) on a trimmer \
Included are a belt for two shoulders, goggles to protect the operator’s eyes. The boom is flat, the handle is “bicycle” and adjustable with a screw.
the STIHL FS 130 is equipped with a STIHL 4-MIX 4-stroke 1,9 hp engine with a displacement of 36,3 cm, which can of course be filled with petrol and oil, just like two-stroke engines. The engine emits fewer pollutants than a two-stroke, but is quieter than a two-stroke. Air filter with durable cardboard filter element requires little maintenance.
Weight of the machine is 5.9 kg, mowing is carried out by the line otherwise speaking of a knife. Mowing width with blade: 23 cm, width of line: 41 cm. STIHL FS 130 has a straight mower bar and a “bike” handle that can be simply swivelled to a right angle for storage and height adjustment, for this purpose you need to unscrew the central screw. Double shoulder strap and eye protection goggles are included.
STIHL fs 250 is a powerful professional class mower, suitable for dry and tough grass, large thickets, copes also with bushes and small trees.
- 1,6 kW
- 40,3 motor displacement.2 cubic yard. see,
- 2-stroke motor,
- Weight. 6.3 kg,
- Tank size. 0.64 l,
- the tool is a blade cutting the grass to 255 mm, there is an option to install a head with 2.7 strings,
- Elastostart system for easy starting,
- Primer for filling the carburettor with fuel enables the lawnmower to be started quickly even after a long standstill.
A reel with two operating tendrils
In this type of bobbin, you should find the number of grooves for winding the line lying on the inside of the spool:
2 to 3 m trimmer line for both cases. In one-channel reels line for a trimmer through a hole, its ends (tendrils) are put together and aligned, then wound in the opposite direction to the rotation of the bobbin on the rod. inside there is usually an arrow indicating the correct winding direction. If there are fixing grooves, the ends of the fishing line are put through them or held by the fingers of a free hand, put through the through hole of the outer half of the bobbin, the bobbin is locked and attached to the rod of the trimmer product.
The difference of winding the line in the double-groove reels is that originally a 2-5 m piece of line is folded in half (to define the middle fold), and the loop of the fold is inserted in a special groove between the grooves. Both line tendrils are wound on their own groove, fixing the tendrils and reassembling the spool is similar to the above version with one groove.
The first performance of this procedure may seem long and quite time-consuming, but with time and experience this task will be solved more quickly and easily.
The video below will visually show how to tuck the line for the trimmer into the grass trimmer reel and correctly wind it up. this operation is not anything complicated and with some patience is sure to succeed:
Preparation. remove and disassemble the bobbin
Most electric and petrol lawnmowers require removing the filament spool for line replacement. With the FUBAG tool this stage can be skipped. In order for the instructions to be universal, we will still consider it in detail:
Lock the shaft. Insert the locking element into the corresponding hole. It can be a thin screwdriver or a metal rod.
Unscrew bobbin case. In this example fully clockwise.
Unscrew cap according to the direction shown on the housing.
The preparatory stage is passed. You can move on to winding the fishing line.
How to wind fishing line onto the grass trimmer reel
Algorithm of winding
Lay the line for the trimmer according to the direction shown on the element body.
Insert the short end into the groove on the side of the spool.
Fasten the long end in the opposite groove.
Place the spool with the line wound in the bobbin case.
Cut the line ends leaving 10 to 15 centimeters.
Replacing the fishing line is complete and now it remains only to screw the bobbin on the grass trimmer and you can work.
There are not only situations when gasoline grass trimmers do not start, but the cases when, after starting they work for a couple of seconds and then immediately stopped. Inspect the spark plug again: if it is “covered”, and this situation is repeated even after wiping and drying it, proceed to the “revision” of the air filter.
Most likely, it is completely oily and needs to be replaced. If the filter is alright, it may be that the ignition coil is defective.
In the case where gasoline grass trimmers do not start, and you have done all of the above, the muffler may be clogged. It should be dismantled, burned on a burner, after which all the soot can be easily shaken out.
Signs of imbalance
Debugging the carburetor is definitely done when making the machine. Texas 330 lawnmower carburetor adjustment. Usually, the need to adjust the fuel supply with their own hands, the owners will find out only after a fairly severe failure, in the process of fixing which, the module was removed and, for example, cleaned.
Signs of a faulty setting are as follows:
- starts, but here the motor stops. since the engine can only work when a certain amount of gasoline is supplied, with very “poor” fuel, in other words, the blockage of the supply channel, the motor will stop;
- High fuel consumption and exhaust emissions. incomplete combustion of the paste. In this case, on the contrary, there is a lot of fuel and the mixture comes out extremely dense.
STIHL FS 55 lawn trimmer does not rev, throttles, rebuild carburettor
55 mower mower Does not rev, stops, over carburetor Thank you for watching.
STIHL FS 55. carburetor adjustment (no load)
STIHL FS Grass Trimmer carburetor adjustment
55 video shows how to adjust the idle speed.
The carburetor on STIHL, Makita, Husqvarna and other mowers is adjusted with adjustment screws. Sometimes the cause of malfunction is a violation of the fixation. due to vibration or damage to the protective cap. Such a fault can be found by just trying to turn the screw: if it is not fixed firmly, it is worth checking the setting.
Adjusting the lawnmower carburetor with your own hands
Adjusting the module is not a repair and changing parts is not necessary. In this case, the lawnmower carburetor repair kit is not useful.
- L is the first to adjust, because it is responsible for fuel delivery at low revs;
- H. it is responsible for the gasoline supply at high revolutions, also for the fuel consumption and temperature;
- T. it is used to adjust the idle speed.
There are variants, usually this is the carburetor of a Chinese lawnmower, when only one screw remains on the body for debugging. for the idling option. Valve adjustment on the lawnmower. This does not mean that the module is adjusted automatically. it means that even this type of repair, such as debugging, will be problematic. On the photo. adjustment of the carburetor of a Chinese lawnmower.
- The module may only be adjusted when the engine is warmed up: to do this, turn on the machine for 10 minutes beforehand. Adjusting the carburetor Japanese grass trimmer. grass trimmer lawn mower ignition adjustment. If the mowing head rotates at idle, then proceed to the adjustment immediately: turn the screw T counterclockwise until the rotation is complete.
- Adjustment begins with the L screw. The screw is turned to the right and left, until a position is found in which the idle speed is not the highest.
- Then turn the screw ¼ of a turn anticlockwise. This will be its working position.
- The idle speed must be adjusted by turning counterclockwise to increase the RPM and clockwise to decrease it. Its adjustment is to get the mowing head in a mode that makes enough revolutions before the mowing head starts to rotate. Gasoline self-propelled lawn mowers speed adjustment. With all this, the engine should work steadily at different positions.
- The position of the L screw is determined by the last. at the highest speed grass trimmer should not work more than 10 seconds. The throttle is opened and the propeller is turned clockwise, very slowly until you hear the RPM decrease.
- Then slowly turn the screw counter-clockwise until the motor does not run smoothly. Then turn the screw back to clockwise until the motor begins to run normally again.
This is interesting: Adjusting the carburetor of the moped Alfa 110
If there is a tanometer, and if the certificate of the product specified the recommended values of speed, koorerektsiya can be more accurate, focusing not on hearing, and the readings of the device.
On recording Adjusting and repairing the lawn mower carburetor
Please check with your supervisor. Under adjustment n.5, screw L? You should read screw A? Thank you.
Please state the original position of the screws H L LA
Please tell me the original position of the screws H L LA
ADVANCE PLUS universal strap
Ergonomic, comfortable and lightweight. For less labor-intensive grass mowing and shredding. Adjustable cinch and tool pouch. With convenient hook for quick tool attachment and removal.
ErgoStart easy start system
Convenient and easy to start the engine thanks to the additional coil spring installed between the starter rope coil and the crankshaft. Relaxed, even pulling of starter rope is all it takes to start engine. On all models with C-E designation included.
( 2 ratings, average 4.5 of 5 )