Oils for electric chainsaw
As with gasoline-powered saws, garden chain tools with electric power units definitely need to be lubricated. Oil is only needed in this type of machine to keep the cutting attachments working. Without the right amount of quality lubrication, the tire and chain will start to jam and fail fairly quickly. To prevent this, the owner of the tool should constantly monitor the fluid level, as well as on time to flush the parts responsible for the headset drive.
In most cases, the factory lubrication organs of the electric saw headset include:
- a reservoir for periodic fluid application;
- strainer, which cleans the liquid from foreign solid particles;
- a short hose made of technical rubber, through which the composition flows from the tank to the moving organs of the tool;
- the oil pump. it pumps fluid from the reservoir to the sliding parts of the tool drive;
- pinion. the force of the electric motor is transferred to the saw’s oil pump through the pinion.
The key role in this unit is played by the pump. As soon as the engine crankshaft speed increases, the integrated gear receives enough force to drive the oil pump. when it works, the pump increases the pressure inside the lubrication system. As a result, the air pushes the fluid out of the tank toward the tire. Once in the contact area between the saw’s crankcase and the guide rail, the fluid flows into the groove that is needed to lubricate the guide rail. Chain becomes the final link in the lubrication system and is also provided with slots or holes in the chain links. Through them, the chain oil for the electric chain saw spreads over the entire length of the cutting organ.
What chain oil for your chain saw??
Oil is one of the basic consumables of an electric saw. There are always special requirements for chain oil, because the good condition of the lubrication system and the service life of the chain saw in your garden tool depends a lot on its quality.
First of all, to lubricate the electric saw’s cutting headset, it is not recommended to use waste fluids that novice gardeners drain from gearboxes or engines of mopeds and motorcycles to fill them into the tool’s oil reservoir. These products contain large amounts of dust and rust particles that tend to clog the chain saw’s oil pump. As a result, the pump locks up, overheats and completely fails.
To prevent this, only specialised lubricants should be chosen.
It should be remembered that the oil for the electric chainsaw must meet the following criteria:
- A suitable base. the lubricant should be made on a synthetic basis, which is not harmful to the oil pump;
- Thickness. the chainsaw oil should not be too thick so as to coat the lubrication system parts and the saw’s organs in a solid film of oil;
- Excellent adhesion. the property of oil to stick and stick to the surface of the guide bar and chain allows it to spread evenly over the whole length of the cutting elements;
- ability to decompose completely. quality composition does not leave behind carbon residue and other products of decomposition. This protects the oil pump and other parts of the lubrication system from clogging;
- Corrosion protection. the oil must protect the parts of the lube system from rust, which can be caused by moisture in the system.
An important role when choosing an oil for an electric saw is played by its brand-manufacturer. Garden tool manufacturers advise using their own lubricants. they are designed with the design features and capabilities of electric saws. In addition to branded fluids, experienced gardeners use oils from brands Ravenol, Motul, Divinol and Liqui Moly.
Let’s look at what oil to pour into an electric saw:
Comes with the saw or is sold with the “Chain Oil” label. Its specialization manifests itself in the presence of additives that reduce the likelihood of oil insurance from the chain during operation.
Chain oil, in most cases, is made from vegetable components and is considered environmentally friendly.
There are proprietary oils (made by saw manufacturers) and third-party. What oil to fill in a chainsaw. it is unprincipled, because their properties are about the same, except that brand names are more expensive.
Note that vegetable-based lubricants can deposit on the chain and in the lubrication system. In order to eliminate such residues, it is necessary to flush the system with the following oil types.
How To Add Oil To An Electric Chainsaw
Engine and gear oil
This option (with the exception of mineral types) can be used if no specialised oils are available.
Refined vegetable oil
It can be used once, if it is completely used up, and then the system is flushed. It is not recommended to use vegetable oil if the lubrication system covers not only the chain but also the engine cylinders.
Waste engine oil
A last resort, when not even vegetable oil is available. Due to the high contamination of used oil, the lubrication system can quickly become clogged, making it less effective. Your saw’s appearance can also change beyond recognition.
What oil to use in Logan 1.6
WHAT TO PURCHASE IN THE DRIVE BOX IN A Renault Logan
Ongoing car maintenance, a guarantee of durability of all systems and units. The operation to change the oil in the engine is one of the most important processes that should be done often. What to make a change in the Renault Logan by your staff, you will need only a small amount of knowledge and consistency throughout the work. You will find a lot of details in our article, and the process of changing the oil in the engine will not be a forbidden topic for car maintenance in bumpy conditions.
Comparison of ELF 5W40 NF and SXR oils by approvals and characteristics. | #Parts
It’s no secret there are three types of engine oil:
- Mineral. oil is very unstable and capricious in its behavior, it is not recommended to use this kind of product at subzero temperatures, because it becomes thick, and detergent and anticorrosive additives, that are added in tandem with oil, under the influence of high temperatures just burn out. Similar oil is cheaper than its own synthetic counterparts because when you receive this product from oil, its molecular composition is not changed in any way.
- Semi-synthetic. oil that is recommended for changing in engines with mileage more than 100,000 kilometers. It is thicker than a synthetic oil, the possibility of leakage through loose gaskets and seals is reduced. Similar lubricant, is something in between “mineral” and “synthetic” in performance and the gold mean in price/performance ratio.At low temperatures it ensures easier starting.
- Synthetic. the oil type recommended for all modern engines. It has better fluidity, the highest level of stability of own properties. This oil is the least afraid of overheating and frosts.
The factory advises its sub-brand product ELF. On the picture is a 16-valve engine Renault Logan, it needs more engine oil than 8-valve analogues
If you carefully read the manual from the manufacturer, it will be clear that for the warranty and post-warranty service “Logan” you need to get and pour the oil brand ElF (Oil ELF Evolution SXR 5W40 as it is also called ELF Evolution SXR 5W30).
Usually works on oil replacement are conducted together with:
For K7J and K7M engines (1.4 и 1.6 liters respectively, 8 valves). requires 3.4 liters.
For the motor K4M. (1).6 liters, 16 valves). requires 4.8 liters.
The Loganovites do not agree in one voice on the subject of changing the recommended oil to analogues. Because the cost of some bite, while others are lame quality, and all people have different income. But a good half agree in one that it is necessary to fill in on Renault Logan only what is recommended by the manufacturer.
In the question of buying oil, you probably saw the numbers that indicate the viscosity index, alas what they mean you can look at this table:
Chainsaw oil groups
The chain saw’s operating procedure is quite simple. The higher the speed, the more the pump rotor rotates and allows the lubricant to flow to the saw head. The oil is poured into a special tank, from which it flows to the saw. This container and have to fill up the lubricant every time. In other words, if used properly, the saw is good for a long time.
In addition to understanding how this uncomplicated equipment functions, you can proceed to the selection of a special lubricating composition. Determining which is the best lubricant is not easy. Usually, people are guided by the reviews of other buyers and manufacturers’ recommendations. Modern lubricants are divided into several groups. I will make a table:
|Original||This option may be the most convenient, because the manufacturers of equipment are trying to optimize the lubricant for a particular model. They are often based on rapeseed bases, which is almost harmless to the environment and human health. Of the disadvantages it is worth noting the high cost of such lubricants.|
|Narrow-gauge||They are used for tools of third-party manufacturers, and also are relatively cheap. Practically identical in their performance characteristics to the compositions of the previous group.|
|Industrial||The most common formulations, which have proven to be good for filling a chainsaw. They are much less powerful than the original, but cost much less. Have low viscosity.|
|New motor or transmission||Not a very economically sensible solution, because they are sold in large quantities and are simply not needed for home use. They are characterized by good viscosity and are suitable for equipment operation in winter.|
|Waste Oil||Already used oils should not be poured into the tank categorically. It can cause considerable damage to the tool and also to human health. Lubrication characteristics of the substance is extremely low, and therefore, you should not use such a product at all.|
Usually, the manufacturers of the original compositions overestimate the cost of lubricants, so it is worth simply knowing what the characteristics of these or those products are, and then, use them for a particular model of chainsaw. The video will allow to complement what has been said:
Disadvantages of substitute lubricants
Domestic or professional electric chainsaw in case of filling the lubrication system with cheap substitutes may require replacing of the regular headset long before its designed lifetime is over. It has been proven that the use of substandard oil shortens the life of the saw mechanism by an average of 35-40%.
- Used automobile oil contains in its composition micro-particles of metal, combustion products and acid-alkali compounds that adversely affect the wear and corrosion resistance of the metal of the saw mechanism.
- Also we do not recommend the use of automotive and tractor engine oils in chain saws. This could cause loss of performance and even damage to the lube oil pump actuator.
Only in the absence of other options, for single work, you can fill the system diluted to a standard density. car oil or diesel oil.
Branded chain oils
Husqvarna brand chain oil range is represented by Vegoil and Husqvarna Bio Advanced brands. According to experts, chain lubrication of the similar performance brands. Oleo-Mac, Makita and Champion. are produced at a high quality level.
Experience of applying proprietary compounds for lubrication and effective cooling of professional class saw equipment shows that their cost is fully compensated by the full and low-cost lifetime of the guide bar, saw chain and drive sprocket.
Block: 3/8 | Number of characters: 1017
Oil system. care and maintenance considerations
The oil-cooling part of the construction of the electric saw, as well as the whole unit, needs to comply with all the requirements prescribed by each manufacturer individually for a particular series and its modifications.
It is not uncommon to encounter a problem during the use of an electric chainsaw when there is no oil flow to the chain of the electric saw, which can significantly affect the condition of the working elements rubbing against each other. It can be associated with several reasons, such as:
- Failure of the oil pump and its gear;
- The passages in the oil filter that carry the lubricant are clogged;
- A clogged tire hole;
- Depressurization of the oil tank itself.
As you can see, there are many reasons why the chain oil in the chainsaw does not flow and you can try to find the answer yourself, but it is much better to ask an experienced professional to help you.