How much oil to pour into the grass trimmer per liter of gasoline
Gasoline mowers. quite common tools, used by owners of garden and household farms for mowing grass and making hay. common names of tools are the terms “grass trimmer” and “lawnmower”. The main difference lies in the design of the motor. the expensive segment of the device is equipped with four-stroke models, and the cheapest. two-stroke. The latter option has advantages, including low weight, ease of use, as well as low cost.
The most important condition for the work of two-stroke models is the preparation of the fuel mixture, based on the manufacturer’s defined proportion of gasoline and oil. The simplified design of the motor does not provide a separate channel for lubrication, so engine oil is added directly to the gasoline. Violation of the correct proportion leads to a significant reduction in the resource of the tool and even to its failure. Let’s understand what composition is required for gasoline trimmers, how to properly prepare the mixture and what it can affect.
Choosing lawnmower oil. helpful tips from the pros
If the annotations to the tool have been lost, and there are problems with choosing the right oil, it is recommended to suspend your own choice on the next 2 options:
- Semi-synthetic. They are cheaper than synthetic but more expensive than mineral waters. Suitable for both Russian and foreign equipment. They have low smoke characteristics, and properly “take care” of the structural elements of the motor. Made by refining petroleum products and hydrocarbons
- Synthetic. These are expensive types of lubricants suitable for all types of equipment. If you use synthetics for your own grass trimmer, the tool engine will run like clockwork.
Choosing and buying gasoline dilution oil, you may come across that certain letter designations are listed on the cans. These designations are API systematization, which is useful to know who wants to fill a tool with oil that matches the characteristics. Let’s look at all types of oils by API systematization for two-stroke engines:
- И. Designed for air-cooled units up to 50 cc. These include mopeds, lawn mowers, grass trimmers, and brush cutters. The best solution for gasoline cutters and trimmers
- TV. Used for filling the engines of machines such as mopeds, chainsaws, scooters and bikes. The engine volume of such equipment is from 50 to two hundred cm3. This type of oil is also suitable for trimmers
- TC. Designed for gasoline dispensing and refueling in bikes, snowmobiles and other types of ground equipment
- TD. Used for fuelling outboard engines, jet skis and boats
API systematization. South American standard, which is used in Europe. But when choosing, there are additional designations on the oil cans for two-stroke engines, for example, FA, FB, FC, FD and others. This is the flue gas systematization of oils developed by the Japanese JASO benchmark. If such designations are found on some oils for trimmers and chainsaws, their deciphering must be taken into account:
- FA. Applicable in countries where legislation requires low smoke emissions. Emits invisible fog of smoke during operation
- FB. Designed for use in countries with stringent restrictions on smoke emissions. Virtually no white smoke
- FC. Smoke is emitted into the atmosphere transparent and not visible to humans
- FD. Smoke-free types of oil for two-stroke internal combustion engines that do not emit smoke, but still have improved chemical characteristics. They are usually used for mixing with gasoline and refueling boats, boats and yachts.
READ How to Insert a line for a trimmer In a grass trimmer Semi-Automatic
If the designation “self mix” and “pre mix” are on a container with oil, they mean self-mixing with petrol (the first option, which does not require shaking) and the need for forced dissolving (the second option).
Knowing the systematization of oils by their types, it is not difficult to choose a balanced option for your brand of gasoline cutters. On the market you can find different brands of oils for two-stroke engines, but it is better to direct increased attention to the following companies:
- STIHL. Create mineral and synthetic, and semi-synthetic of this brand are rare
- Shell Helix Ultra. Recommended by experts
- “Lukoil. It’s Russian oil that costs three times less than its foreign counterparts, but at the same time has amazing property characteristics
Product are not listed, as vary. There are many other brands, and if you still want to find a perfect grass trimmer lubricant for yourself, it is recommended to review the test below.
The conclusion is that it is not always useful to buy expensive oils, because they may not be of good quality. this is exemplified by the following.
Warranty and service official warranty in the branded service center
Grass trimmer Huter GGT-1500TX belongs to a class of gasoline trimmers, optimally designed to work on lawns and gardens. Model GGT-1500TX received a two-stroke engine, which significantly expands the possibilities of the device, that is, for example, does not bind brushcutter to the power supply, as is typical for trimmers with an electric drive. In this sense, the described model can be used for the treatment of large areas, as the main factors in this case are: the availability of sufficient fuel and the optimal technical condition of the device. Power Huter GGT-1500TX is 1,5 kW, which, along with the features of the cutting tool (line for trimmer/blade) refers it to the semi-professional class of such devices. Therefore, the model can be used not only in country houses and cottages, but also in small farms. GGT-1500TX perfectly copes with both mowing the grass and with tidying up areas with small bushes. The grass trimmer weighs only 6.78 kg, which makes transport easy even in a standard car.
Advantages of Huter GGT-1500TX
- The presence of a gasoline two-stroke engine makes the device more autonomous compared to the electric types of brushcutters.
- The engine has enough power for the task and high reliability. It is also equipped with an anti-vibration system and is easy to start.
- The design of the grass trimmer has a semi-transparent fuel tank, which is convenient to fill with fuel and monitor its level.
- The ergonomically formed handle provides comfortable and reliable control of the trimmer.
- The 1500TX boom has a split mechanism for easy and convenient transport.
- The grass trimmer can be easily disassembled and assembled, but in the assembled condition it is distinguished by the reliability of all components and fastenings.
- Comes with a handy backpack strap, goggles to protect your eyes when working, and a 40 TP blade.
Comfortable and safe to operate
Of course, the operator must follow all recommendations and safety requirements, follow the rules for operating the grass trimmer. However, the manufacturer has also taken a number of measures with regard to the design of the device in order to increase the level of safety when working with the brushcutter. These include, among other things, availability:
- A protective cover to prevent bouncing rocks and debris from splashing on the user,
- A trigger that blocks the gas so that the operator cannot accidentally pull the trigger and start the rotation
- cutting tool when the engine is running,
- anti-vibration system to prevent the grass trimmer from injurious vibrating elements hitting the operator’s hands and other body parts.
What gasoline to fill up
Lawnmower gasoline is the second element of the fuel mixture. Its brand should be chosen in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations, described in the passport to the unit. The longer the fuel burns and its resistance to detonation is indicated by the octane number: the higher the number, the longer the fuel burns. So, at gas stations you can buy such brands of petroleum products:
AI-92 has a higher tendency to detonate.
When using fuel with a higher octane rating than stated in the instructions, in units with 2-stroke engines, the engine is damaged, with a lower parameter. the piston group.
The mixture is prepared before use in the proportion indicated on the petrol tank lid:
This means that you need 20 ml of oil per 1 liter of fuel.
Manufacturers of gasoline mowers with a two-stroke engine (for example, Patriot PT 555 or Champion T336) indicate the necessary proportion for the preparation of the fuel mixture in the instruction manual of the tool. For the first model, the proposed ratio is 32:1, for the second. 50:1.
Lawn mower with 4-stroke engine does not require pre-treatment. The machine has 2 tanks. Gasoline must be poured into the tank, and the oil liquid. into the drain hole on the crankcase.
Types of brushcutters
Today on the liquid profile trading platforms a large selection of mechanisms for mowing grass, small bushes. For example, there are lawn mowers with an electric engine, with gasoline power units. Do not make brushcutters equipped with a diesel engine, because they are low-revving.
Liquid statistics show the advantage of brushcutters with internal combustion engines, over their electric counterparts. Electric lawn mowers should only be used in places with a fixed electrical supply.
Block: 3/12 | Number of characters: 510
Some important points
Remember that the oil must not be stored for too long. Use only in a dark, cool place, away from direct sunlight. Even if the mixture is to be left on the ground for a few days before use, the canister should be placed on the ground to eliminate the effect of electrification. Containers for the mixture should only be iron, storage in plastic is not allowed.
Never use a beverage container (water, juice, or lemonade) to store gasoline or oil. The polyethylene terephthalate base, on which the food bottle is based, is not resistant to petroleum products and additives included in them.
Oil for brushcutter. how to choose and in what proportions to dilute it
Many of you have gasoline-powered tools in your household, for example, in a private home, you can’t do without a chainsaw. You know, to prepare wood for the winter, it comes in handy at construction and repair, and in general, it is a very necessary tool. If the country house has more and a decent-sized plot, then the grass trimmer or lawn mower, which also run on gasoline, is just necessary to fight the grass.
Of course, you can buy them electric, but not everyone likes to pull a 30-meter extension cord to mow the area overgrown with grass up to the knee. Therefore, most people prefer to work with gasoline tools. As you know, you need to add to the gasoline a special oil for two-stroke engines. And that’s what we’re going to talk about, because this is a very important aspect, if you will not add oil and add in the wrong proportions, then your engine very quickly will “crack” and your way will lie in the service center. To avoid all these troubles, you have to add only quality oil in right proportions.
The most popular for chain saws, brush cutters and trimmers are products of the famous STIHL company. It is sold in two packages, one liter and one 100 ml. For those who work a lot, a liter bottle will do, and “once to saw” a small bottle is quite enough. A 1 liter container costs 250 and a 10 ml container costs 60. If you buy a big one, the savings are obvious.
The oil is added to petrol in a 1:50 ratio, e.g. you add 100 ml for 5 liters of petrol. As you can see, a small bottle is great for getting 5 liters of gasoline mixture to fuel a chainsaw or grass trimmer. The big bottle has special marks on the side, by which you can see how much oil you have poured out of the bottle. If you bought a large 1 liter bottle, then buy in the pharmacy and buy a syringe of 20 ml. Very convenient. 1 syringe of oil for 1 liter of gasoline.
We recommend that you use original STIHL machine oil. it’s perfect because it’s been developed and tested specifically for STIHL power tools. Note that Stihl has its own brands, such as VIKING (popular models of gasoline trimmers). Use Stihl oil for them as well and you won’t have any problems at all.
If you have put more gasoline mixture than you can use up, it is best to store the remainder in a metal canister or glass container. Never store mixture in a plastic bottle. Of course, if you use up the leftovers in a couple of days, you can pour the rest of the mixture into a plastic container, but if the mixture will be stored for a long time, then either a canister or a glass container. The thing is that the gasoline mixture corrodes the plastic bottle, there are microscopic sediments of plastic in the mixture, and it is very bad for the engine. Keep that in mind if you want your tool to run long and without problems.
The second most popular oil brand is the notorious Hooksvarna. Of course, when you think about it, more people use STIHL chainsaws, at least all my friends and their friends use them in their work.
But there are some who worship the Husqvarna tools and I understand them, because I personally do not see much difference between Husqvarna and Stihl, both tools are of very high quality. But I’ve seen some satisfied Husqvarna chain saw owners. they say the saws are great. I didn’t saw it myself, but I always listen to people’s opinions. So, if you have gasoline Husqvarna tool, it would be better to use special brand oil for it. Although nothing terrible will happen if you dilute the gasoline with shtilm. But since the manufacturer recommends to use only its products, that’s what we do.
On sale you can find liter containers. Black stylish bottle, on the side there are the same markings as for Stihl (to know how much oil was poured from the bottle). To me, the quality is absolutely identical. It costs 270, a little bit more.
Both are high-quality oils, the cost is about the same, each diluted in the ratio of 1 to 50. So feel free to buy any oil, of course, it’s better to buy the oil of the brand you have the tool. then everything will be perfect, just like the manufacturer advises. Have a nice sawing, mowing, and let your power tool run for a long time without breakage.
on a side note: Submersible pump “Aquarius 3”. my review.
When choosing an oil a lot of attention should be paid to its manufacturer. It is better to choose the brand that the mower manufacturer advises. In the instruction to the equipment you can find information about the oil you fill, the frequency of its replacement and recommendations regarding the choice of working fluid.
Also, many lawn mower manufacturers produce their own oils, which will have to be used for replacement if you want to keep the warranty on the equipment. In addition, the manual provides the general characteristics that the oil should correspond to. When selecting a replacement fluid, this list should be used as a guide. This makes it possible to select the oil that best meets the manufacturer’s requirements.
Many self-respecting manufacturers of lubricating fluids offer their consumers a separate line of products, intended for maintenance of garden equipment. If you can choose such a special oil, you should buy it.
- Among all the companies that represent their products on the Russian market, the best is Shell Helix Ultra. These oils are popular in all countries For 40 years Shell specialists have been working on a unique technology of synthetic oil production from natural gas. The resulting product is characterized by an improved composition, analogues of which do not exist at the moment. The manufacturer adds the necessary additives to the base composition, which allows obtaining products with different characteristics. You should only buy this oil from specialised dealers, as low-grade counterfeit products are not uncommon.
- Liqui Moly also presents high-quality products. The manufacturer has several product lines, which have different purposes. This range includes products for the maintenance of garden equipment. Such oils are designed for long-term operation of trimmers and lawnmowers, their technical specifications are developed according to the features of modern machinery and manufacturers’ recommendations.
The company Liqui Moly adds additives packages to lawnmower oils, which are necessary to reduce equipment wear and tear and keep the engine clean. The main advantage of these fluids is the environmental friendliness, because they are created on a plant basis. Liqui Moly lawnmower oils comply with all environmental standards.
Rasenmaher produces a good lubricant of mineral type, which was specially developed for garden units. This tool can be used to service 4-stroke motors with different cooling systems. Rasenmaher material can only be used at temperatures above zero. The manufacturer has carefully developed and selected additives for their product. The result is a wide list of functionality: