Electric chainsaw oils
As with gasoline-powered saws, garden chain tools with electric power units definitely need to be lubricated. in this type of equipment, oil is needed only to ensure operation of the cutting set. Without the right amount of quality lubrication, the bar and chain will begin to jam and fail fairly quickly. To prevent this, the owner of the tool should constantly monitor the fluid level, as well as flush the parts responsible for the headset drive on time.
In most cases, the factory lubrication devices on the electric saw headset include:
- a reservoir for the periodic application of the liquid;
- strainer, which cleans liquid from solid foreign particles;
- a short hose made of technical rubber, through which the composition flows from the tank to the moving organs of the tool;
- an oil pump that pumps fluid from the reservoir to the moving parts of the tool drive;
- pinion. it transmits the power from the electric motor to the oil pump of the saw.
The pump plays a key role in this assembly. As soon as the engine crankshaft speed increases, the integrated gear receives enough force to drive the oil pump. Operating pump increases pressure inside lubrication system. As a result, the air pushes the fluid out of the tank toward the tire. Once in the contact zone between the saw’s crankcase and the guide rail, the fluid flows into the groove that is needed to lubricate the guide rail. The final lubrication point is the chain, which also has a groove or hole in its links. This is how the chain oil for the electric chain saw spreads over the entire length of the cutting attachment.
What oil to use
Special chain saw oil
Differentiated by the presence of adhesive additives. Environmentally friendly versions of oils based on vegetable raw materials are widely available. Adhesive additives prevent oil from being blown off the chainsaw chain in an instant during operation.
The use of such a lubricant is the best option, it is designed for this purpose. However, in most cases, the specialized oil is proprietary (produced by the same company as the saw itself) and, as a result, expensive. In addition, it is not always available, which leads owners of electric saws to look for alternatives.
Note that third-party companies, particularly from Eastern Europe, have also started producing specialized lubricants. Such products are usually called “Chain Oil” and are not very expensive.
Chainsaw Bar Oil vs Motor Oil
Engine and gear oil
Some electric saws manuals explicitly state that these types of oil can be used for chainsaws. However, the use of mineral oils is strongly discouraged.
apart from direct lubrication, engine oil may be used in small quantities to flush residual “biological” oil out of the system. Unused residuals of such oils form jelly-like seals that clog the lubrication system of the electric saw and lead to malfunctions.
Used engine oil
From what I hear, a lot of people have used it and it even works. But we would not advise to do so. Waste is very dirty, and it will quickly make the appearance of your saw become quite remarkable. In addition, the lubrication system and chain elements will be clogged.
Use waste oil only in cases of emergency, followed by rinsing.
Strangely enough, but you can also pour it if certain conditions are met:
- The oil must be refined.
- It is possible to use it only for chain lubrication (if the oil goes to the cylinders, vegetable oil is contraindicated).
- A complete workout with flushing is mandatory.
Types of overalls, depending on exposure
Power tool is hand-held
What is the difference between a level and a laser level?
No oil supply for chainsaw chain. how to solve the problem?
This failure is one of the most common faults of brand name electric saws, as well as their Chinese copies.
There may be several reasons and ways to fix the problem:
- defect in the threads of the original shaft of the oil pump. in this case the shaft will need to be replaced;
- breakage of the corkscrew provided on the main shaft of the pump. this problem is most often faced by owners of electric saws brand Homelite. Replacement of the corkscrew with a thin nail, which must be pre-cut to the right length, will help to eliminate the breakage;
- Damage to the threads of the pump pinion. to fix the problem you will need to replace the pinion;
- Debris accumulation in the oil tube or its breakage. in the first case the hose can be flushed or blown with compressed air from a cylinder. In the second case, the tube will need to be replaced;
- debris accumulation in the electric saw lubrication system filter. in order to fix the problem you need to disassemble the entire unit, carefully wash the filter and other parts of the lubrication system.
It is important to remember that most brand name electric saws are equipped with demountable oil pumps. If they become clogged, the pumps can be disassembled, washed and reassembled. Some Chinese saws have a pump that does not need to be disassembled. If it gets clogged, the only way to repair your garden tool is to change the pump.
How it is lubricated?
Modern electric chainsaws have a special pressure mechanism that runs when the saw is started. Its task is to provide a batch supply of oil to the chain from a special tank. So the oil is poured into the reservoir.
On older or cheaper models, the positive-displacement mechanism may not be present at all. In this case, the oil is periodically applied manually to the chain with a syringe or a special oiler.
The type of system (forced or manual) does not really affect what kind of oil to use for chain lubrication of the electric saw chain.
What oil to fill in Logan 1.6
WHAT OIL TO PURCHASE IN THE TRANSFORMATION BOARD IN THE Renault Logan
Ongoing maintenance of the car, guaranteeing the longevity of all systems and units. Operation to change the oil in the engine. this is one of the most important processes that must be done often. To make a change in the Renault Logan by your staff, you will need only a little knowledge and consistency throughout the work. You will be interested to learn more about many things in our article, and the process of changing the oil in the engine will not be a forbidden topic for car maintenance in bush conditions.
Comparison of oils ELF 5W40 NF and SXR on approvals and characteristics. | #Partist
It’s no secret that there are three types of engine oil:
- Mineral. oil is unstable and capricious in its behavior, it is not recommended to use this kind of product at subzero temperatures, because it becomes thick, and the detergent and anticorrosive additives in tandem with the oil burn out at high temperatures. Similar oil is cheaper than its own synthetic counterparts, because in obtaining this product from oil, its molecular composition is not changed in any way.
- Semi-synthetic-oil which is recommended for changing in the engine with mileage more than 100 000 km. From the proper selection of studio that it is thicker than synthetic, the possibility of leakage through loose gaskets and seals is reduced. This grease is something in between “mineral” and “synthetic” in terms of performance and golden mean of price/performance ratio.At low temperatures it ensures easier starting.
- Synthetic. type of oil recommended for use in all modern engines. It has greater fluidity, the highest level of stability of its own properties. Similar oil is least afraid of overheating and freezing.
The factory recommends its ELF sub-brand products. The picture shows a 16-valve engine Renault Logan, it needs more oil than 8-valve analogues
If you carefully read the manual from the manufacturer, it will be clear that for warranty and post-warranty service “Logan” you need to get and pour oil of brand ElF (Oil ELF Evolution SXR 5W40 as it is also called ELF Evolution SXR 5W30).
Usually work on oil replacement is carried out together with:
For engines K7J and K7M (1.4 и 1.6 liters respectively, 8 valves). requires 3.4 liters.
For engines K4M. (1.6 liters, 16 valves). requires 4.8 liter.
Loganovites in one voice do not come to a common view on the subject of changing the recommended oil for analogues. Because the cost of some is a bit steep, others are of poor quality and people have different incomes. But a good half agree in one that it is necessary to fill in to Renault Logan only what is recommended by the producer.
In the question of buying oil you probably saw the numbers that indicate the viscosity index, alas what they mean you can see in this table:
Popular brand name lubricants
Many manufacturers produce saw lubricants. Little-known and not very popular products can be found among the existing offerings. If you need chain lubricant for an electric saw, you should look at the most popular formulations:
|Lubricant name||General description|
|Forest plus||The oil is in demand. The compound has excellent adhesion. The product can be used at temperatures up to.15 degrees. Keeps its properties for up to three years.|
|Bio Plus||Manufactured on a vegetable basis. Once in the soil, begins to decompose. Can be used at temperatures from.15 degrees.|
|Sunth Plus||Manufactured on a synthetic basis. Suitable for heavy loads. Suitable for use in temperatures up to.25 degrees.|
|Champion||Unique product suitable for operation at very low temperatures. Available in 3 and 10 liters containers. Notable for its low cost.|
|Husqvarna||Popular Compound. Low cost. Gives good results.|
You can easily choose the right product from the available lubricants. It is important to consider at what temperature the electric saw will be operated in the future.
Check oil system for condition
Lack or absence of lubrication in the bar-chain chain tandem results in additional stress on the electric motor and a distinctive burning wood smell. In such a case, work must be stopped to determine the cause of failure and fix the problem.
To check the standard or automatic lubrication system, you only need to hold the saw head with the motor running over a piece of paper for a short time. Size and density of the oil slick give an indication of the real performance of the oil pump and the health of the system.
Oil system. nuances of care and maintenance
The oil pressure part of the electric saw, as well as the whole unit, needs to comply with all the requirements prescribed by each manufacturer individually for a particular series and its modifications.
It is not unusual to encounter a problem during the use of an electric chainsaw when the chain is not supplied with oil, which can significantly affect the condition of the working elements that rub against each other. This can be due to several causes, such as:
- failure of the oil pump and its gear;
- The passages in the oil filter through which the lubricant flows are clogged;
- the hole in the bar is clogged;
- the oil reservoir itself has become depressurized.
As you can see, there can be many reasons why the chain of an electric saw does not receive oil, which you can figure out on your own, but it is much better to resort to the help of experienced professionals.