Filter, lubricator, dryer. How to properly prepare air for pneumatic tools.
A lubricator, or lubricator sprayer, is a device used to create a suspension of oil droplets in the compressed air supplied to drive a pneumatic tool.
Not all compressed air users require a hose to convey the oil/air mixture. It will cause them to become unusable or prevent normal operation. For them, on the contrary, it is necessary to pass the air flow through an oil separator which absorbs oil droplets in the cylinders of a reciprocating compressor. These are consumers such as:
- spray guns and other equipment for spraying liquids and applying coatings to surfaces;
- sand blasting systems;
- Inflating devices for tires and other containers;
- nozzles for cleaning surfaces and blowing out component cavities.
But for pneumatic wrenches, hammers, scissors, scrapers. all users that contain moving parts and convert the energy of compressed air into the mechanical energy of rotation or reciprocating motion.
Complete lubrication reduces friction between these moving parts as well as wear and tear. Absence of an own oil reservoir of lubrication system as such reduces weight, size and cost of pneumatic tools.
In today’s market of compressed air equipment presented a large number of lubricators models, as stand-alone, attached to the hose near the tool-user, and centralized, mounted on the wall next to the compressor or distributor unit of the air line. The devices allow you to control the degree of saturation of the oil-air mixture, selecting the optimum composition for each user.
During operation it is important to monitor the level and quality of oil in the lubricator filling tank. The use of substandard, inappropriate equipment or contaminated oil can accelerate wear and tear of the tool supplied by the station or even put it out of operation.
Repair of pneumatic tools, despite the seeming simplicity of their construction, requires highly skilled professionals and special equipment. Self-repair without experience and tools can permanently damage the tool.
Price of the device
As a rule, the least expensive will be buying a lubricator through an online store, where products for pneumatic tools are offered at reduced prices. In ordinary construction stores you can find the most popular devices, which are used in conjunction with equipment for garages, workshops, construction compressor equipment, used for industrial and domestic purposes.
Greases: Features and classification Choosing the right grease, the material and volume of the lubrication equipment must be carefully examined to determine the proper application range and the lubricant’s properties. Among other things, purchase of equipment must be economically justifiable.
- Force feed lubricator capacity. It should not be less than the operating rate of the customer to be connected. It is better to allow 10-20% margin for peak loads. Using a device with a smaller capacity will lead to a drop in efficiency of the consumer and a deterioration in lubrication conditions.
- Working pressure. Of course, you can not put the device designed for less pressure than the load consumes. Such a vessel will simply fail. Too much margin in pressure will not improve the conditions of the equipment, but will lead to an unjustified increase in the planned purchase.
- Materials used. Vessels, especially designed for high pressure, it is better to choose metal ones. And not any Chinese, but only high quality alloys produced by world brands. The consequences of breaking the case will cost considerably more.
- The connecting dimensions. Dimensions and type of threads should be consistent with the consumer. The use of adapters in this case is extremely undesirable. Many manufacturers explicitly point out the unacceptability of such an approach
If you do not have enough skill in handling pneumatic tools and organizing air lines, it is better to involve an experienced expert for consultation.
It is obligatory to install a water vapor separator BEFORE the lubricator or distributor unit. The penetration of moisture in the device will significantly reduce the effectiveness of its work. The lubrication quality and performance of the air tool will also be reduced. Continuous operation in this mode will lead to breakage and expensive repair.
During operation, the oil level in the reservoir should be systematically checked and timely replenished. This is best done before you start work so you don’t have to interrupt in the heat of the day.
Why do you need a lubricator??
Compressed air is used to operate an air tool. which is used in many production and repair applications. But the air leaving the compressor equipment is not ready for use without proper preparation. Condensate, oil and other contaminants in compressed air can do major damage and significantly reduce tool life. So air has to be purified and lubricated before it is fed into the tool by installing a moisture separator and lubricator in the air line or by installing a modular group that provides a complete treatment.
Read more about compressed air treatment in a separate article.
In most compressed air tools. For example, in pneumatic screwdrivers, air ratchets, pneumatic chisels, pneumatic screwdrivers, and so on, compressed air is used to start the drive (motor). That is why, besides air purification, the air flow must be supplied with a special oil that provides lubrication of rubbing internal mechanisms.
Choosing a device one should be guided first of all by the type of works for which the equipment is needed, its scope. Purchase of equipment should be, among other things, also economically justified.
- Throughput of the lubricator. It must not be less than the operating flow of the consumer to be connected. It is better to provide 10-20% reserve for peak loads. Using a device with a smaller capacity will result in a drop in consumer efficiency and worsened lubrication conditions.
- Working pressure. Of course, you can not use a device that is designed for less pressure than the load. Such a vessel will simply fail. Too much pressure reserve will not improve the working conditions of the equipment, but will lead to an unjustified increase in the planned purchase.
- Materials used. Vessels, especially designed for high pressure, it is better to choose metal ones. And not any Chinese, but only high quality alloys produced by world brands. The consequences of a ruptured casing will be considerably more expensive.
- The connecting dimensions. Dimensions and type of threads should be consistent with the consumer. The use of adapters in this case is highly undesirable. Many manufacturers explicitly state that this approach is unacceptable
If you do not have sufficient skill in handling pneumatic tools and organizing air lines, it is better to engage an experienced expert for advice.
It is obligatory to install a water vapor separator BEFORE the lubricator or distributor unit. Moisture in the device will significantly reduce its effectiveness. The lubrication quality of the air tool and its performance will also drop. Continuous work in this mode will result in a breakdown and costly repairs.
During work, check the oil level in the reservoir systematically and replenish it in good time. It is better to do this before starting work, so that you don’t have to interrupt in the midst of the day’s work.
How the device works
In order to understand what a lubricator is and how it operates, it is necessary to define what this reservoir for oil supply is all about. The main body of the product is made of metal. This reservoir is “put on” the working area of the pneumatic tool and then adjusted with the nozzles with a suitable thread.
The equipment itself must be installed after the air filter. If it is not, nothing will happen or the filter will be damaged. If the auxiliary devices are installed correctly, the raw material fed in will be enriched with air, and later will receive the necessary amount of oil. The substance then flows into the hose itself.
In order not to reduce the quality of the operations performed, it is located at a distance of no more than 10 meters. Otherwise, the composition simply will not be fed in the right quantity to the tool, which will necessarily lead to a decrease in the quality of operations. And they also need to make sure that no condensation is left in the hose.
However, there are situations where the length of the hose will simply not be enough. In such a case, it is best to purchase special purpose equipment, which is installed directly on the tool itself and increases the productivity of the work.
In order to understand which mechanism is necessary for a particular type of work, it is better to understand at once what characteristics should correspond to a particular product. Of these, the most common are:
In addition, employees immediately determine what kind of actions will be performed in the workplace. On the basis of this knowledge, the type of device to be used is already determined. It comes in one-point or multi-point.
In addition to these data, it is necessary to know what kind of construction will be used in the work. Filter dosing device can be purchased. It has the property of being installed at an optimum distance between the hose and handle.
Often workers do not know that such a lubricator is installed on the compressor. In rare cases the installation is done directly on the air distribution mechanism.
Price of the device
As a rule, the least expensive will be buying a lubricator through the Internet store where products for pneumatic tools are offered at a discounted price. In regular construction stores you can find the most popular devices, which are used in conjunction with equipment for garages, workshops, construction compressor equipment, used for industrial and domestic purposes.
These instructions must be read and understood by the operator before operating the impact wrench. must be accessible and understandable for the operators of the tool, its service personnel and safety inspectors.
Pneumatic screwdriver is designed for tightening and loosening screw connections during assembly of steel structures, machine tools, bridges and tunnels, etc. д. where high performance and reliability is required. The tightening torque accuracy when operating an air ratchet depends greatly on the level of wear of the air ratchet, the quality of compressed air and the correct dimensioning of the pneumatic system, and on the qualifications of the operator.
HEALTH AND SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
The operator before starting work must be properly trained and accurately acquainted with “SAFETY REQUIREMENTS”.
- Wear safety glasses.
- Always disconnect the tool from the compressed air supply before changing impact heads, making any adjustments on the tool, or before preserving the pneumatic impact wrench.
Failure to observe this condition could lead to injury.
- Use hearing and sight protection where necessary.
- Wear protective gloves.
- Use the impact wrench only for its intended purpose.
- Do not exceed the line pressure to increase the tightening torque. Doing so increases wear on the impact wrench and will void the warranty.
- Do not lock the start lever in the “operating” position.
- The operator’s workplace must be free of objects that could cause the operator to fall. Must be well illuminated.
- Do not operate with damaged hoses, keep them in good condition.
- Remember that the impact wrench does not protect against electric shock.
- Make sure compressed air shutoff valves are easily accessible in case of an accident or hose burst.
- Before starting work, the air connector must be tightly connected to the compressed air hose and secured with a clamp.
- Before connecting the impact wrench to the compressed air network it is advisable to blow out the hose to remove water and other impurities. Use hoses with a length of 10.15 m, longer lengths cause a pressure drop that reduces the impact energy.
- If longer hoses are necessary, use the larger diameter hose first and then the recommended size.
- Connect the hose nozzle and tighten it securely with a hose clamp.
- Check that the start lever is not blocked in the operating position and then apply compressed air.
Appropriate lubrication of the impact wrench during operation is essential for its longevity and reliability.
In view of the intensive use of the air screwdriver, the lubricating oil must have properties that prevent wear, excessive heating of moving parts, formation of rust and other oxidation products.
Adjust the droplet separator on the air treatment unit to 3-4 drops per 1m³ at maximum airflow. The distance from the preparation unit to the hammer must be no more than 7 meters. If, in exceptional cases, the power supply is not equipped with an oiler, it is absolutely essential that 2-4 ml of the recommended oil is poured into the tool daily before starting work through the air connection of the compressed air supply. This operation must be repeated every 2 hours of operation.
It is absolutely necessary to observe this instruction.
The discovery during warranty repair that the wrench has been operated without lubrication will be grounds for loss of warranty.
- After reassembling all the components (paragraph 3) place the desired size of the impact wrench on the spindle.
- The impact wrench is started by connecting it to the compressed air supply by pushing the lever (pos.38),
- During operation, the wrench must be held firmly and confidently in the hand, with the pressure applied in the direction of the surfaces to be twisted, within a range of 150. 200 Newton (similar to an adult leaning on a table). Do not apply too much pressure. it does not increase productivity.
- The optimum tightening torque is reached 5-7 seconds after the nut has touched the surfaces to be rolled up. Do not keep the impact wrench fully loaded for a long time, as this can lead to premature wear of the impact mechanism.
- Be wary. beware of the jet effect.
- An effective, productive impact wrench requires dexterity on the part of the operator.
- Do not allow the impact wrench to work idle as this could lead to damage. Do not point the impact wrench and its implements at yourself or others. Do not overheat the impact zone of the tool.
- Do not use the impact wrench as a hammer.
Switch off the compressed air supply after completing work, disconnect the hose from the impact wrench and plug the air supply port to prevent dirt from entering the impact wrench.
Always disconnect the unit from the compressed air supply before carrying out any checks or repairs.
On the shelves of pharmacies and stores you can find many products that have different characteristics. In order not to “get lost” in all the variety of lubricants, it is worth having an idea of those copies that are especially popular with consumers.
A popular brand that offers consumers lubricants, with different characteristics. The cost of goods can be called acceptable, the list of popular products includes:
A range of products with different characteristics. In the study of Durex products, you can find gels for intimate massage, as well as prolongators, which include anesthetics.
Lubricant for anal and vaginal sex (marked Extreme). Water-based, acts comprehensively: reduces the severity of pain, provides easy gliding.
Completely flushable with water, leaves no stains on underwear or clothing, odorless, and blends well with condoms.
Stimulates, stimulates desire and is used to enlarge the erogenous zones. Often used by women, to enhance the emotional sensations and achieve the greatest degree of arousal. The cream helps increase sensitivity, and acts as a soothing and moisturizing agent.
Gel Flash Extra is considered a unique lubricant, because it affects both the man and the woman. Designed to increase sensitivity. Increases arousal and sexual appeal during intimacy. On the representatives of the stronger sex acts as a prolonger.
It is a home-made product, which has received mixed reviews from the consumers. Comes in a gel form and arouses and helps improve gliding and sensations during intimacy with the man. Soft texture, absorbs quickly thanks to its water-based content.
Hot with Ginseng
Acts as a means to help store energy. It contains components and essential oils which stimulate the organism activity and increase sexual drive and desire. Ginseng acts as a natural aphrodisiac and simultaneously increases the blood flow to the genitals.
Personal Lubricant H2O
Not a cheap lubricant, which has several advantages: it softens and moisturizes the skin. Rinses out easily with water, leaves no sticky residue and is absorbed quickly into the skin for a perfect slip. Personal Lubricant H2O is allergen and tasteless, odourless and compatible with sex toys made of synthetic materials.
German remedy with moisturizing and soothing properties. Recommended for use, women who have problems with arousal. The gel gradually replenishes the natural flora of the vagina with regular use.
Classified as an exciter. It is applied topically to the genitals, just before intercourse. Compatible with condoms, latex and other synthetic materials.
Water based gel, which contains pheromones and is used for intimate relations. Moisturises, softens and enhances gliding and helps intensify the sensations during intercourse. What makes sex vivid and memorable. Water based and leaves no spots.
Classified as an arousal cream for women. Stimulates the natural secretion of lubrication, enhancing arousal, sensuality and sexual drive. Makes it easier to enjoy intimacy with your partner. Apply it to the genital area five minutes before exposure.